Topic

[fixed] Extra-large/vanishing lit Jack-O-Lanterns

Weirdness is afoot when you light a Jack the Pumpkin. First, mine disappeared in my bags.  Search turned it up - it was invisible but I could click the empty-looking square in my bags to drop it.  When dropped, it was bigger than normal. lem.to/p/1rib Then it disappeared completely.  I came back to my street later and it had reappeared, still large.  Teaching it a phrase popped it down to normal size and so far it hasn't vanished again.

This has only been an issue for me with Jack. Lem, Steve, Zille, and Kitty pumpkins seem to be OK.

Posted 12 years ago by Lucille Ball Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Having this same issue with Jack.
    Posted 12 years ago by Edith Anne Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks!  I just lit a Jack which disappeared.  Now I know to look at an empty slot.  Also, I noticed that when I picked up something it skipped a slot.  That must be where the invisible Jack is.

ETA:  I dropped it in my Tower but it was not revealed.  Be careful in my Lobby, you may trip over an invisible lit Jack!
    Posted 12 years ago by Brib Annie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My jack was fine until I tried to drop it outside my home, then it disappeared. I'm glad it isn't just me. I don't see it at all so I assume it's invisible/gone.
    Posted 12 years ago by Gak Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ditto all above for my Jack.  Installed fireflies -- Invisible in bag, Huge when dropped.  Back to normal on exit/return to street.
    Posted 12 years ago by WallyMcBeal Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yup, me too. Jack only.
    Posted 12 years ago by Pascale Subscriber! | Permalink
  • When did zilleoween start? I totally didn't notice :O
    Posted 12 years ago by xLIFEx Subscriber! | Permalink
  • http://glitchium.com/data/zilloween-dates/
    Posted 12 years ago by Zany Serendipity Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I've had two Jacks both of which did the appear/disappear thing - both were huge when I placed them on my street - both have now been invisible/gone for the past few Glitch days (they disappeared on the first day that pumpkin seeds were available)
    Posted 12 years ago by discodoris Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yeah, it's happened twice for me.
    Posted 12 years ago by Oh Fudge Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Sorry about that folks. Not sure what's happening with them yet. 
    Posted 12 years ago by kevbob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yep, happened to me too...have pictures posted at my profile if needed.
    Posted 12 years ago by Holly Wolly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My giant Jack-o-lantern disappeared also.
    Posted 12 years ago by Jope Subscriber! | Permalink
  • glad it's not just me!
    Posted 12 years ago by Slugbug Subscriber! | Permalink
  • That's  happend to me also, i've opened ticket before. Only with Jack-O-Lantern
    Posted 12 years ago by PzSniper Subscriber! | Permalink
  • TS, can you please confirm this bug has been addressed TODAY (13/10/12) for the next Zilloween?
  • TS, can you confirm this bug has been addressed TODAY for the next Zilloween?
  • Howdy folks. We're focused on other projects right now (e.g. Feats, new quests) but will do everything we can to squash this notorious "Jumbo Jack" bug well before the next Zilloween.
    Posted 12 years ago by Mac Loud Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I wish I had had one!  I did have an invisible Jack that turned into a visible pie at the end of Zilloween - Lol!
    Posted 12 years ago by Brib Annie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Still not fixed folks, so you know- we are aware.
    Posted 11 years ago by kevbob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • i didn't realize the big jack was a bug, haha! i just thought he was unique on purpose. last 'year' when i made him after he was placed for a day or so he was normal sized.

anyway, the point is, i currently have the disappearing issue with jack AND steve. i carved them both, they showed up. i lit them, they both disappeared (the white box in inventory is there though). i dropped jack thinking he would appear but he was gone altogether. i have kept steve in my inventory because i'm afraid to destroy him for good :/

when i go to list things for auction though, i could see both of them.
    Posted 11 years ago by jerk nugget Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I also have a disappearing Jack and Steve lanterns.
    Posted 11 years ago by Mal'akh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My Jack seemed normal until I dropped it and then he was huge... after I left and came back, he was gone or invisible.  It's on the far left side of my street somewhere.
    Posted 11 years ago by Kareila Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Believe I also had a disappearing Steve the pumpkin during this current Zilloween. Anyone else?
    Posted 11 years ago by Lynnt Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Jack and Steve are the elusive ones for me - all others fine.
    Posted 11 years ago by Jendaline Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My Jack did this, but so did my Steve. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Fawnie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Jack and Steve-o are the big shots on my street too.
    Posted 11 years ago by Myrrah Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Extra-large Steve, dropped on steps to my house, seems to come and go. 

Jack was extra-large and sometimes not visible in my bags, but settled down to normal size and behavior after I used the "teach" command with him.
    Posted 11 years ago by Splendora Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes, I had this problem with two Steves last night. Haven't tried Jack.
    Posted 11 years ago by Miss Coco Subscriber! | Permalink
  • yup im having the problem with steve
    Posted 11 years ago by Santa Clause Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This dragon has been slain. 

Verily.
    Posted 11 years ago by kevbob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This happened to my Steve-o-lantern, but now that the bug is fixed I still can't find it.  (It disappeared while I was trying to place it on the ground.) Should I just make another?
    Posted 11 years ago by freerangefatty Subscriber! | Permalink