Topic

Staff Topic

Zilloween? In the month of Candy/Fever?

We’re not entirely sure what happened, but it seems that somewhere, somehow, Zille sneezed, and little memory-fragments of Zilloween came flying out of her mountainous nose and escaped into the world.

Due to this, you may find some anomalous things out there. Things that, as good Glitchen, you would not expect in the month of Candy (or Fever, depending on when you read this). There are, for example, seeds for a new (large, orange) vegetable temporarily available from Gardening vendors. 

The “pumpkin”, as it is called, can be grown (but only when in season) then cooked with, or eaten raw. When carved, it will produce questionably tasteful decorations for your home (or party space), and ingredients for making several other of Zille’s favourite holiday treats, if you have the equipment, and skills. (NB: We would always advise you to share these treats with others, as Zillots were notoriously sugar-happy, and eating too many of their treats can cause terrible toothache. Who knows, perhaps you could share them with other Glitches, while wearing some of the fine costumes available from our wardrobe department?  Including perhaps, one of the extremely terrifying, sorry, LOVELY new pumpkin masks? It’s up to you.)

We'll get round to clearing most of these up some time next week, because they clearly belong at Zilloween, not now (I mean, what's NOW? Nothing that we know of…) But in the meantime, you may find some unusual items and recipes out there. We apologise for any inconvenience. ;)

Posted 13 years ago by annapeee Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

1 2 3 Next
  • This is all brilliant and just being full of pie while moonwalking makes it all worthwhile.

It's remind me how terrible the mechanics are for getting full jars of fireflies, though.  Is there any chance at all you could hotfix lighted pumpkins so they require 7 fireflies, not a single jar of 7 fireflies?  This seems to be causing a lot of unnecessary frustration....
    Posted 13 years ago by Axe-a-lot-l Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh, NICE! These are some high-quality pumpkin-related activities here.

My only criticism would be that since the pumpkins don't stack up in one inventory space, they started overflowing onto the ground as I was harvesting them, and my pigs immediately ran up and started eating them. Which was, uh, inconvenient (especially as the pigs don't appear to produce seeds when they eat them?).

Seriously though, great stuff here. PUMPKIN PARTY IMMINENT!
    Posted 13 years ago by Peregrinne Subscriber! | Permalink
  • A question: If I place a lighted pumpkin outside my house, no one can pick it up and take it.

What if I place an unlighted pumpkin outside my house? Is it also safe?
    Posted 13 years ago by Illamasqua II Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Lem-O-Lantern house, ahoy!
    i41.tinypic.com/xqfkhe.png
    Posted 13 years ago by Myuki Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Annopee, Will the treats and pies we make with the pumpkins disappear along with the carved pumpkins when the season ends?
    Posted 13 years ago by Princess Fi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Until I figure out if I can put my unlighted pumpkins outside, here is my indoor pumpkin army: i34.photobucket.com/albums/...

It took a while before I got the 5th pumpkin! That Steve is elusive.
    Posted 13 years ago by Illamasqua II Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Princess Fi - if you've made them, they won't disappear but the candies (being holiday candies) won't give you the same kind of holiday sugar-rush until the next  - REAL - Zilloween holiday. And so won't count toward achievements either…

But the next Zilloween is never that far away!…
  • Hmmm.... Zilloween is the 37th day of Remember!   I like this holiday!  :)
    Posted 13 years ago by Pirate Apples Subscriber! | Permalink
  • AUCTIONS! Will we be able to sell zilloween items when its not zilloween?

Just curious?

Also what items will stay aside from seeds? Food? The pumpkins themselves?

Thanks, Nytician.
    Posted 13 years ago by Nytician Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks Annapeee,  One more question..  Or is this 3 questions?  :)

So there is a noticeable difference in the descriptions Pumpkin/Zilloween related items.  Most of the sweets' descriptions state (as you have previously indicated) that they will only effect a buff if consumed during "the appropriate holidays".

However the following items do not state that they will lose their buff if consumed outside of "the appropriate holidays".  Can  you confirm that these items will retain their buffs?  Thanks!

Pumpkin Pie?

Pumpkin Ale?

Roasted Pepitas?
  • Princess Fi - as usual, the descriptions are a pretty good guide (as well as a darned good read...) - if we don't say those buffs are going away in the descriptions, then that's not what we have planned, at the moment. 

But you'll forgive me if I don't sound more precise and exact than that - the buffs might change, they might get tweaked, and I don't want to sound authoritative and then turn out to have misinformed you because something changes. But if the descriptions say that the candy buffs only work in holiday times, and the pie, ale and pepitas don't say that, then that's a pretty good guide to what we're doing.  Does that help?
  • Annapeee, Thanks so much :)  I know anything can change and that your not "GOD", so I don't expect a guarantee.  I just wanted to be careful about how much I invest in those things..  I guess the worst case scenario would be that I could end up having to save them until the next Zilloween if anything changes.  Gee, I really wish there was a Glitch Calendar.   
  • What, like this one? 
    *summons up Godly powers and lightning and magic and glitter* 
     - POW! … http://www.glitch.com/calendar/

Oh, wait, you mean one that translates these dates into our earthly calendar?… Yeah, my godly powers don't stretch that far, I'm afraid. That's, like, maths or something. :)
  • OMG! This is great! Thanks Annapee :)
  • I was just wondering this because you said in the previous page, Annapee, that the pumpkin lanterns don't last  forever.  How long do they last, because I'm saving up a lot of pumpkins and am going to carve them out of season so I have my friends around with me all year round :). 
    http://i.imgur.com/SouRV.png

Also- when they rot (or whatever it is they do- do they just disappear into thin air?) do they become something else... say... a "rotten zille pumpkin" that we can eat for 51 energy or whatever?
    Posted 13 years ago by ThisWasMe-GameOver Subscriber! | Permalink
  • WOW, @This is me - You have a LOT of friends there! That's very brilliant. I like that.

I would say again, yes, our chief Alphite Scientists here at the institute have ascertained that carved pumpkins and lanterns are known to be subject to rot. Whole pumpkins are not, but I wouldn't depend on with being able to carve them all year round if I were you... our Anthropology, Artifactology and History of Ur department have told me that carving is a pretty holiday-specific activity.

The rotting pumpkins should leave you with something, I believe, as a thank you from Zille... though unlike the lanterns, they won't be locked to the ground outside your house, so you might consider moving them inside your house after the day you call "Halloween" is over. 
    How's that?
  • Aww, no out of season pumpkin carving for me (I need a pick-me-up so if anyone want to give me a beta pickle or musicblock gng or the 2010 collectable glitchmas yeti now would be the time to do it).  Okay, tomorrow all of my around 30 friends are coming inside my house.  May I PLEASE have a hint about what to expect?
    Posted 13 years ago by ThisWasMe-GameOver Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Nono - Halloween is the 31st. That's Monday. So after that. You can leave your friends outside for the world to enjoy for at least a couple of days longer. For they are mighty, mighty fine.

And no. I'm done with hints for today. (Also, I can't remember for sure) 
    :)
  • MOAR HINTS!
    Posted 13 years ago by TimeLord Subscriber! | Permalink
  • So what happens if the "real" Zilloween on the 37th of Remember comes?

Will there be pumpkins again?
    Or will the day come and go without anybody noticing? 
    Posted 13 years ago by Louis Louisson Subscriber! | Permalink
  • When the 'real' Zilloween comes, will it be during just one game day, or one full real life day. I just don't like the idea of waking up at 4 in the morning to plant some pumpkins and quickly grow/cook them..
    Posted 13 years ago by Toastman Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Cool, just got the pumpkin carving badge!
    Posted 13 years ago by baybo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'd like to remind everyone that the proper way to ask for candy at your friendly neighborhood Zilloween party is to shout "TRICK OR TREAT!" or some variation thereof. Saying 'more candy' is rude and not nearly as fun. Its rumored that Zille leaves plops in the bags of rude little trick or treaters.

For those of you who aren't from North America...
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trick...
    Posted 13 years ago by Anthropocene Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This pumpkin craze has been a whole bunch of fun :)
    Posted 13 years ago by Codex Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My plan to wait until I've given candy to the 499 unique glitches before getting the eating achievements has blown up in my face. I just found out that apparently you can only eat 10 sweets per day. So, assuming I don't miss a single in-game day, that's 6 days IRL. I'm sure there's no way the event is going to last that long, so there's no way for me to get that final achievement. I thought everything would be easy after I completed the CandyGlitch achievement, which was ultra tedious/boring.

I see you've made mention of the toothaches in the OP, but I assumed it was just flavor text. Joking around. In the future, please be clear about achievement-related limits. Assuming these temporary/seasonal achievements count on the leaderboards, it could result in being permanently gimped, or at least disadvantaged for a very long time.
    Posted 13 years ago by Mr. Glenn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Mr Glenn - The next (real) Zilloween falls before the end of November and Zilloween falls every 60 days (ish) after that. There is plenty of time to eat candy, and to get all the achievements. I know we have an impossible achievement mentioned on the skill tree, but trust me: this is not it!
  • Thanks for the info annepeee!!  

So then by what you have shared we only have what is left in today to eat candy to count towards the Candy Achievements until the next Zilloween rolls around?  And then that particular day only lasts for 4 hours, thereby we can only eat 10 more candies?  So every 60 days or so we can eat 10 candies in the time slot of a 4 hour Zilloween day?

My other question is regarding handing out candy.  In order to count for this achievement the candy must be given on Zilloween only?  Or can it be given on other days to count?
    Posted 13 years ago by Sayuri Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Blimey, Sayuri! What a lot of questions! Hm: Right now, you have some game days still left before we're able to clear up all the Zilloween stuff and save for its proper place (it's proper place during Zilloween, that is) - but I can't say for sure how many.

And, when Zilloween rolls around again, it will be for a few Ur days at a time. Otherwise how would the Zillots have time to grow their pumpkins in preparation? 

We have all, as I believe one of the giants once said, the time (no, wait, maybe it was someone else…) in the world. 

(And yes. Only holiday candy given out in holiday periods goes toward those achievements. You are very welcome to give them out the rest of the time, of course, but all it will count toward is a sense of well-being and the love of your fellow glitches.)
  • Huh. I didn't think the events were based off of the in-game calender like that. I guess it's just coincidence that this Zilloween and our Halloween are both happening at once. I was all in a rush thinking it would be an entire year IRL before this event rolled around again.

So they're really going to have all of the seasonal events 6 times per year?

Edit: Just saw annapeee's second post. Yup, that changes everything for the better.
    Posted 13 years ago by Mr. Glenn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • thank you for taking the time to clear things up for me annapeee!!!
    Posted 13 years ago by Sayuri Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Am i alone when i think Annapeee is not just informative but also darn funny!!?
    Posted 13 years ago by Loupin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
  • +1000
    Posted 13 years ago by sgjo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • What Louhi and sgjo wrote! I agree a gazillion percent.
    Posted 13 years ago by GreyGoose Subscriber! | Permalink
1 2 3 Next