Topic

Staff Topic

Zilloween? In the month of Candy/Fever?

We’re not entirely sure what happened, but it seems that somewhere, somehow, Zille sneezed, and little memory-fragments of Zilloween came flying out of her mountainous nose and escaped into the world.

Due to this, you may find some anomalous things out there. Things that, as good Glitchen, you would not expect in the month of Candy (or Fever, depending on when you read this). There are, for example, seeds for a new (large, orange) vegetable temporarily available from Gardening vendors. 

The “pumpkin”, as it is called, can be grown (but only when in season) then cooked with, or eaten raw. When carved, it will produce questionably tasteful decorations for your home (or party space), and ingredients for making several other of Zille’s favourite holiday treats, if you have the equipment, and skills. (NB: We would always advise you to share these treats with others, as Zillots were notoriously sugar-happy, and eating too many of their treats can cause terrible toothache. Who knows, perhaps you could share them with other Glitches, while wearing some of the fine costumes available from our wardrobe department?  Including perhaps, one of the extremely terrifying, sorry, LOVELY new pumpkin masks? It’s up to you.)

We'll get round to clearing most of these up some time next week, because they clearly belong at Zilloween, not now (I mean, what's NOW? Nothing that we know of…) But in the meantime, you may find some unusual items and recipes out there. We apologise for any inconvenience. ;)

Posted 13 years ago by annapeee Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

Previous 1 2 3
  • :O so awesome can't wait to grow and cook pumpkins , thanks for another fun update.

Ps: still can't live my pirate fetish in glitch , perhaps you could add some pirate clothes one day ?:))
    Posted 13 years ago by MonkeyPantz Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ohhhhh
    Posted 13 years ago by WindBorn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • awesome toast.
    Posted 13 years ago by Tradescantia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • YEAH!!!! thank you TSers for some more awesome!
    Posted 13 years ago by Dr007 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Love it! Imagining the sweet possibility of carving up my pumpkin and walking around with it on MY head...
    Posted 13 years ago by Why Not? Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I can't wait to get home to buy some seeds and get to planting my punkins! 
    Posted 13 years ago by blogkitten Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yay!!!

Completed Cooking skill tree pays off!
    Posted 13 years ago by WindBorn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Sounds like fun! Thanks, TS!
    Posted 13 years ago by Tonya Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Cool! Nice update. Thanks!
    Posted 13 years ago by Jepro Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Awesome!! Thank you :D
    Posted 13 years ago by Loe Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Explains the spooky reconnect messages I just got.

Thank you  :D
    Posted 13 years ago by Carnivale Justice Subscriber! | Permalink
  • OMG YAYYY thank you soo so much!!!  ^__^
    Posted 13 years ago by ♪♥~ Auren ~♥♪ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • i think i love you TS.
    Posted 13 years ago by Avery♥ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • All hail the glorious and great Zille in all her mighty Giant-ness!
    Posted 13 years ago by Little Miss Giggles Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Boo!
    Posted 13 years ago by 1padme Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yay! Now to figure out how to get my hands on these Roasted Pepitas...
    Posted 13 years ago by Kawa Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Gonna grow SO MANY pumpkins.
    Posted 13 years ago by Effigy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • love all the new stuff. thanks so much!
    Posted 13 years ago by bored no more Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Woo Hoo! More things to play with over the weekend!
    Posted 13 years ago by Cherry Galaxy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • auctions don't appear to be associated with the items for:
    pumpkin - http://www.glitch.com/auctions/item-928/
    roasted-pepitas - http://www.glitch.com/auctions/item-937/
    carobish-treats - http://www.glitch.com/auctions/item-940/
    pumpkin-pie - http://www.glitch.com/auctions/item-942/

Edit: The recipe items in game match up correctly to their auction pages, but not from the Encyclopedia >Items page
    Posted 13 years ago by Dr007 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Effigy - If you're going to buy seeds, grow them and/or use them, because the giants are Very Specific on things being of most use when seasonal. 

And we'd hate to fly in the face of giants. It gets very messy. Like driving a fast car that smells of jam through a wasp storm. 
  • Just checking that pumpkin seeds can only be grown in crop gardens before I buy a whole bunch and try to plant them in my herb garden.
    Posted 13 years ago by Warrender Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Warrender: they can be grown in both.

(edited to clarify after I didn't read your comment properly)
  • can i put a carved pumpkin outside my house like a gnome? or can someone walk off with it?
    Posted 13 years ago by PANsy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • PANsy - Yes (you can put it outside your house) and no (someone can't walk off with it). Unlike a gnome it may not be there forever and ever. But, well, that's vegetables for you.
  • Vegetables are so fickle!
    Posted 13 years ago by Little Miss Giggles Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm so excited! I just saw a new item on my cocktail shaker and I had to run over to the forums to see what is going on. Ty! This is going to be fun. =)
    Posted 13 years ago by Eye Wonder Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Dr007: those links on the encyclopedia pages were wrong - we used to use numeric IDs for items on a lot of pages, but we've now moved to using friendlier URLs because, well, they're friendlier!

Thanks for flagging it so we could fix it!
    Posted 13 years ago by hitherto Subscriber! | Permalink
  • woohoo! i love you devs! I am having so much fun bouncing around the groddles like a loon in my pumpkin mask giving orange snowcones to folks and cannot wait to make pumpkin treats to give out! (the budget does not allow for many more snowcones ;))

Big question though... anyone know what skills I need to cook them. I have not gone beyond EZ1 & just stopped tinkering 5 (omg!) to start Saucery 1. What should I plan on next? Anyone know?
    Posted 13 years ago by Vera Strange Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Pretty cool, I have 28 Pumpkins growing right now. I wish I had stockpiled guano so I could grow them quickly.
    Posted 13 years ago by Frans Subscriber! | Permalink
  • After I grow the pumpkins, will the recipes stay or will disappear after the season ends? Also would the pumpkins start to rot if we don't cook or use them during this season?
    Posted 13 years ago by Raktivist Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Raktivist - pumpkins, if left uncarved, may be safe from rot. But growing them unseasonally seems unlikely, and the festival-related recipes might well disappear until the next Zilloween rolls around. But it's difficult to say for sure, I mean, we've never HAD these pumpkin things before…
  • I love them all! Thanks to all who made these possible, this is an awesome Halloween! I just can't find the recipes in my appliances but saw it said that I mastered them. :\
    Posted 13 years ago by Katsutos Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Do you really mean this?

"Drinking this will give you the Full of Pie buff (slow movement, but mood and energy bonus)."

In the punkin pie description?

I've had some fairly poor punkin pies over the years but never a runny one ;p

edit:  Punkin Ale to Moonwalk, that's a Thriller!  Not this one though.

edit 2: less than 45 minutes later annapee fixes the description ftw

~~TJ
    Posted 13 years ago by Thaddeus J Fuzzybut Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This is very cool.  I love new and limited edition items.  Thanks! :-)
    Posted 13 years ago by Poppy of Detwoit Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The description says the Pumpkin grows at once. "Used to grow one mighty pumpkin at once when planted in either a Crop or Herb Garden (but only at certain times of the year)." But under need it says it takes 6 hours.
    Posted 13 years ago by Frans Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Would pumpkins stick around for the entire season like through whatever your alternate universe name is for Thanksgiving? Because that's still seasonal...at least the pie and other food stuffs.
    Posted 13 years ago by Bata La Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This is so cool, bought 100 seeds! :) Zille is one of my favorite giants, but never thought Zille would be the one to have a Halloween -cough- I mean, Zilloween event! :)
    Posted 13 years ago by Serpent Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ooh,they  can be grown in both crop and herb gardens.  VERY nice touch, TS!!  Thank you!

Edit:  OMG, and then i carved it and a lump of jellisac came out.  DED FROM LAUGHING.  XD
    Posted 13 years ago by Wrdnrd Subscriber! | Permalink
  • so very awesome!
    Posted 13 years ago by Kayvee Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Frans - We'll edit that to 'One at a time' - "at once" was a confusing phrase to use there. It does, indeed, take a base six hours to grow.
  • So each seed packet only yields one pumpkin regardless of croppery and/or herbalism skills?
    Posted 13 years ago by TRB4 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • TRB4: What can we do? Pumpkins are rilly big. There's only so much room in them there gardens.
  • Noooo....I'm watching tiny (but awfully sweet) grandbaby and cannot play right now *sob - but YEAHNESS on my sweet grandbaby being with me today!!*
    Posted 13 years ago by sgjo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • That's it....she's napping now and I'm sneakin' in to grab me some seeds!! :D :D
    Posted 13 years ago by sgjo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • So uhh, how many pumpkins can I put outside my house without them being stolen?
    Posted 13 years ago by nonpromqueen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ooooohhhh, Zille's a girl :)
    Posted 13 years ago by The Black Chicken Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you for the fun pumpkin holiday festivities!!!!  I will be growing pumpkins galore and making oodles of yummy things.
    Posted 13 years ago by Sayuri Subscriber! | Permalink
  • annapee, will the pumpkin seeds degrade over the year or would they sit in the cupboard until next Zilloween?

~~TJ
    Posted 13 years ago by Thaddeus J Fuzzybut Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @annapeee:Sweet.  Thanks for the clarification.  Going to get some seeds now.
    Posted 13 years ago by Warrender Subscriber! | Permalink
Previous 1 2 3