Topic

Staff Topic

Zilloween? In the month of Candy/Fever?

We’re not entirely sure what happened, but it seems that somewhere, somehow, Zille sneezed, and little memory-fragments of Zilloween came flying out of her mountainous nose and escaped into the world.

Due to this, you may find some anomalous things out there. Things that, as good Glitchen, you would not expect in the month of Candy (or Fever, depending on when you read this). There are, for example, seeds for a new (large, orange) vegetable temporarily available from Gardening vendors. 

The “pumpkin”, as it is called, can be grown (but only when in season) then cooked with, or eaten raw. When carved, it will produce questionably tasteful decorations for your home (or party space), and ingredients for making several other of Zille’s favourite holiday treats, if you have the equipment, and skills. (NB: We would always advise you to share these treats with others, as Zillots were notoriously sugar-happy, and eating too many of their treats can cause terrible toothache. Who knows, perhaps you could share them with other Glitches, while wearing some of the fine costumes available from our wardrobe department?  Including perhaps, one of the extremely terrifying, sorry, LOVELY new pumpkin masks? It’s up to you.)

We'll get round to clearing most of these up some time next week, because they clearly belong at Zilloween, not now (I mean, what's NOW? Nothing that we know of…) But in the meantime, you may find some unusual items and recipes out there. We apologise for any inconvenience. ;)

Posted 13 years ago by annapeee Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Thank you for the great seasonal treats! I love it all :D   
    Posted 13 years ago by Sadie the Goat Subscriber! | Permalink
  • TJ - In packet, they should last perfectly well until next Zilloween. And the one after that. And the one after that… I mean, these packets were rolled up in a ball of imagination that came flying out of a sleeping Giant's nose - who KNOWS how many millennia they might have been up there…and they still seem to be functioning fine right now, right? 
  • What skill is it that I need to be able to make the Pumpkin Pie? I have the frying pan but the recipe is not there right now.
    Posted 13 years ago by Otune Subscriber! | Permalink
  • where do we get 'hot knife' for the peptias??
    Posted 13 years ago by VivaCity Subscriber! | Permalink
  • SSoo excited ! Thanks to all who made this happen - love limited seasonal items-that's what makes them special.! And oh wow - pumpkin ale for the win! ;) I want a pumpkin in front of my house ASAP! ;)
    Posted 13 years ago by serenitycat Subscriber! | Permalink
  • you carve the pumpkin, MelodiousViv, its in the pumpkin menu
    Posted 13 years ago by Addi Bee~♥ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I apologise that my post came up 3 times in a row...I only meant to post it once... Thank you Addi Bee for your response. :_)
  • I apologise that my post came up 3 times in a row...I only meant to post it once... Thank you Addi Bee for your response. :_)
  • You will randomly receive Pepitas when you carve a pumpkin.
    Posted 13 years ago by TRB4 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Melodious Viv - To be fair, it is the same old knife that comes with the knife and board - perhaps it just GETS hot from all that vigorous carving action. As far as we can tell, they just come out that way when you carve a pumpkin (but you'll need a knife/board and pick for that).

Otune - Cheffery III
  • Oh my. How much awesomeness can a glitch withstand?  Thank youuuuuu!! :)
    Posted 13 years ago by Christine Subscriber! | Permalink
  • TRB4 & annapeee thank you so much for you help....please let this be just printed once !!
  • Is there such a thing as a Pumpkin cubimal?
    Posted 13 years ago by Gordon Gekko Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Gordon what a fabulous Idea!
  • Oh before I forget...A HUGE THANK YOU to the Dev's & Staff :_) loving this muchness
  • Thanks a bunch to the Devs and Staff.

Can't wait to see everyone in the Zilloween spirit, I much appreciate this seasonal release. Should be fun!
    Posted 13 years ago by Shaney Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This is so rad!! thanks!!
    Posted 13 years ago by Tumahura Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This is so marvelous it feels like Christmas!!! (Well I was close, eh?)
    Posted 13 years ago by Laundry Queen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Eeeeheheheheheheee!!!!

That is all.
    Posted 13 years ago by Grem Sketch Subscriber! | Permalink
  • If I put my carved pumpkin somewhere OTHER than on my doorstep, can someone move it or take it?
    Posted 13 years ago by Pascale Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Awesomeness, thanks for this!
    Posted 13 years ago by Slappy Squirrel Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Love, love, love the pumpkins, lanterns and holiday recipes! Thankyou, devs xxx
    Posted 13 years ago by geekybird Subscriber! | Permalink
  • YYYYAAAAAYYY!!!!!
    Posted 13 years ago by Rusty McDusty Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Pascale: I believe that you can't drop it anywhere but your doorstep, well I can't anyways =)
    Posted 13 years ago by Shaney Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Pascale/@BlackEnvy - I'm led to believe that lanterns may work in Party Spaces too, but I'm not sure if anyone's tried yet...
  • This is fabulous!!!! Having so much fun!  Love the punkins.  Can we have a punkin chunkin contest like Mythbusters!  Great fun!  Thank you so so much!  And I did get a super harvest and got 3 additional ones so it is possible that the Giants just might give you more than one.
    Posted 13 years ago by AlmostSilver Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Arrrrggghhhhh!.  Can you devs & staff plese stop it.  You are overwhelming my poor tiny Glitch Brain with all the new awesomeness.  There just not enough hours in the day.
    Posted 13 years ago by dmnddgs Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I was going to be "That Guy" and complain that none of the pumpkin masks were free, and how, before this day, I would have never imagined that you guys (Tiny Speck) would make holiday-related wardrobe additions without adding in a free version so the poor people could join in the festivities. And then I realized that that isn't really fair. It's not like a store in real life is going to give you a costume for free just because you don't have a lot of money.

I guess that's really indicative of your standing with me, Tiny Speck. If your company was anything like most F2P companies that I've played with over the years, I wouldn't have even thought twice about being mad about something like this. Most other F2P companies are completely shoddy in their workmanship, especially their diligence about fixing bugs, but you guys have been awesome in pretty much every way imaginable.

So I'll get over it and pay credits for one of the pumpkin masks if I want one (<- This statement really doesn't hold much weight, considering it'll be from the 100 credits I got from joining, but I'd still spend the credits even if that wasn't the case.). To be clear, the 40 credit pumpkin masks don't disappear after the holiday is over, right? I might have to pick up the orange pumpkin mask if these things will be sticking around. Still, if you guys were to add a free version of the pumpkin mask that disappears after Zilloween is over or something (if that's even possible), that would be awesome ;).

And before people reply by saying that you can still show your festivity for free by putting a pumpkin outside of your house, I'd argue that there's a pretty big difference in importance or effectiveness between having something outside of your house and wearing something. If I'm wearing something in the mines, which is where I am 99% of the time when I'm online, people know it's me. I'm sure people recognize me around the area like I recognize them. On the other hand, if it's a pumpkin outside of the doorway, it's still just a random house in a random block on a random street owned by a random glitch.
    Posted 13 years ago by Mr. Glenn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Omgggg.... the lighted up pumpkins outside the door are just the bestttt evaa..Thanks to my friend joos who gave me two grown pumpkins cos I was too impatient to wait for mine to grow..hehe ..She's the best.. and I just so happened to have full firefly jars sitting around my yard .. hehe How lucky was that!!! :D x
    Posted 13 years ago by Cryztal Subscriber! | Permalink
  • *squee!* if you light them up, they come to life! like gnomes, but so much cuter. :D twitpic.com/77bige

and, they can learn more than one phrase!
    Posted 13 years ago by Alexis Hex Subscriber! | Permalink
  • You are all AMAZING!!!!  I had so much fun with this... and haven't laughed that much in a long time.. and I laugh a lot.  Knocked it out of the ballpark with this!!!  Thank you for such fun!  And I hope you all have a very Happy Zilloween!!!
    Posted 13 years ago by kat65 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The ingredient list for the carob treats is the funniest thing I have seen in ages.  Give that dev a raise!
    Posted 13 years ago by WalruZ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ahhh! I can see my eyes and face through the holes on the pumpkin mask. I wasn't expecting this. I was hoping the mask would be done so I couldn't see my face and it would look like I actually have a pumpkin for a head. :(

Whoa, but you guys just added some new hats, jackets, and pants, didn't you? Those fisherman jackets and pants are nice! :o
    Posted 13 years ago by Mr. Glenn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I only have a couple questions. When will the encyclopedia be updated to show all the different type of carved pumpkins there are? What new acheivements comes with this Zilloween? :D
    Posted 13 years ago by TimeLord Subscriber! | Permalink
  • this is so great. working on the trick-or-treat achievements has been super fun and everything I like about glitch. I love my doorstep lanterns, I love my toothache, I love this seasonal fun. Thanks!
    Posted 13 years ago by Niqster Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Timelord - a) At some point. Maybe. When it wouldn't ruin the surprise for anyone. and b) Ask around! Not all of them will be achievable in one Zilloween though, probably...

Hope that helps ;)
  • Yes it does, thanks :D
  • Darn it posted twice, sorry
  • Loving this! Lookie what I did with my pumpkins:

Part one
    Part two
    Part three
    Part four
    Part five
    Posted 13 years ago by Live Your Dreams Subscriber! | Permalink
  • That's awesome, I love it!!!
  • That is wonderful :)
    Posted 13 years ago by Liza Throttlebottom Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Devs = Extragourdinary (Don't blame me. I'm under the Candy Corny Buff)
    Posted 13 years ago by emdot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Um... so I only just realized why people were telling me congratulations. lol

OMG I LOVE YOU DEVS? :D <3 THANK YOU! This honestly, truly, seriously made my weekend. <3<3<3
    Posted 13 years ago by Myuki Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Anyone sorted out all the achieves for this, yet? I've picked up a couple.
    Posted 13 years ago by Turbo Angst Subscriber! | Permalink
  • will the items we make with the pumpkins stay around until we use them?
    i understand the zillo'lanterns disappearing, but what about the pies and other foodstuffs?
    Posted 13 years ago by Count Battra Subscriber! | Permalink
  • When halloween is over do you lose all your seeds, recipes, pumpkins and jack-o-lanterns?
    Posted 13 years ago by daniel5457 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I tried moving my pumpkin so i could get a screenshot which shows mine & my next door neighbours pumpkins (my street looks awesome as 4 people have pumpkins out so far) but when I picked it up the light went out and it lost it's learnt phrase. :sad face:

EDIT: must have been a bug or something as picked it up to move it a 2nd time and the light is back.
    Posted 13 years ago by Primevil Shambler Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks for the great and enjoyable update, and Zilloween event:) Already gave awey some pumpkins to my friends, and making some treats for next week, I thought it would be fun, to Carve a mask, or make a dress too, maybe a future Tailor skill?... :P Making costumes would be marvelous. Well thanks again, for the Devs, the Staff and of course this great Community. Have fun fellow neighbors and have a great Zilloween.
    Posted 13 years ago by Ssennor Subscriber! | Permalink