Topic

you favourite quest + suggest a quest

please tell us your favourite quest in the game.

then please suggest a quest that you think should be in the game.

Posted 14 years ago by striatic Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• favourite quest - i like the quest where you have to harvest a spice, fruit and bubble tree. it is a very simple quest but it sends you on a fun little search. exploring is fun : ]

suggested quest - i'd like a quest where you plant a tree and then have to get 5 different people to pet the tree in order for it to grow. a simple task that requires cooperation to accomplish.
  • I'm only at level 3 so I've only done the beginning quests. I liked being miniaturized and talking to the dust bunny.

suggested quest - I'd like to see some quests where you have to solve some riddles or puzzles to complete it.
    Posted 14 years ago by FrankenPaula Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My favorite experience in the game so far was being tiny and looking for the shiny object. It was good jumping practice, and it was super fun to be temporarily whisked away to a totally different environment like that. Plus being tiny in a living room reminded me of Katamari and that is always good.

suggested quest: def something cooperative as striatic suggested (see my other post in the Death thread about getting yourself reborn back into your character by eliciting the help of strangers)

along those lines, some kind of room escape mini quest would be really fun, especially if you were trapped with a few other players. You and three other players (maybe every three players that accept the quest get teamed together automatically) get put in a "box" of some shape or form and you have to get out cooperatively.
    Posted 14 years ago by Nanookie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • i like the box trap. maybe you could stand on top of each other to escape, or maybe different people would have to stand on different pressure plates to open various doors.

sounds like people so far like being miniaturized and cooperating - maybe there should be a quest where people are miniaturized and have to cooperate!

like in the classic science fiction film Dr. Cyclops [1940]! en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Docto... : ]
  • helpgame.net had a cooperative game. Some had to stand on certain squares to open an area while another distracted blue meanies so the 4th could get a musical instrument. When you got all 4, you'd play a beatles song onstage for the other players and wear a sgt pepper uniform or beatle suit in the lobby. Failure kicked the team into the lobby. It had problems with people standing in a way that blocked the game entrance (people were treated as walls in the programming, no walking through them); some would play and lose on purpose or just stand there or run around aimlessly.
    Posted 14 years ago by Tingly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Back when I was playing Dofus at one point I was lurking outside this one area, trying to figure out how to get past a giant troll so I could get inside a building to retrieve an item. Then another person on the same quest arrived--we weren't strong enough to defeat the troll alone or together, so we came up with a plan whereby one of us would go kamikaze with the troll just so the other one could get by and get inside the building.

I went first and after I regenerated and was making my way back to the spot (which was a process that took a few minutes), I remember wondering if the guy would still be there so I could take my turn. He was, I got the object and we went our separate ways.

So whatever the box was, it would be nice if there was more than one way to escape it.
    Posted 14 years ago by Nanookie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ...well, that's another story.

(I liked all the quests, and please do surprise me :)
    Posted 14 years ago by .gatto Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm looking forward to the next open testing period. Sniffle, I wasn't able to help test on my first day of testing. (sniffle)
    Posted 14 years ago by Jack aLopé Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Be either :( Really want to try out the game can we have a test this weekend? Today, tomorrow, sunday? :p plz
    Posted 14 years ago by Mitchell Subscriber! | Permalink
  • for those of us wanting to play again, as soon as possible, might i remind ye:

"If you love something, set it free. If it returns, it is yours. If it does not, it never was."

patience .. patience ..

: ]
  • lack of patience to play is a good sign for glitch
    Posted 14 years ago by Tingly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Definitely a good sign. This past Tuesday morning, I kept waking up before dawn in a way that felt more like Christmas morning than Christmas morning has felt like in years!

Back on topic, I think it would be neat to have a quest at some point that turned you into an animal for some reason. Perhaps a butterfly or another flying creature (squirrel?), or maybe something that climbs or swims? In such a fantastic world, the ability to fly every once in a while would be a lot of fun.
    Posted 14 years ago by katlazam Subscriber! | Permalink