Topic

Getting very frustrared with the same cards over and over

Trying to get the manic mining cards and reshuffling and buying cards over and over,  but same damn cards over and over.this really sucks.After getting all the mining skills  now feels like working to play this game especially in the mines.

Posted 12 years ago by Jellybelly Baby Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

Previous 1 2
  • Don't leave.... please? It's an awesome game, and I bet you'll get the card you want before you know it. It's only been such a short time... plus now we get free one-per-day reshuffles!
    Posted 12 years ago by diaveborn ♥ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This card thing is like gambling,not amused at all. I am looking at two of the same cards on my page and no reshuffling allowed.If this game wants to give me free cards all day fine, but to work for these img sucks.
  • You get one free re-shuffle now per game day. If you are not seeing that now you should file a bug report.
    Posted 12 years ago by Leelah Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm sorry to hear that you are frustrated, but take comfort in the fact that it is a temporary thing: you are coming into this new system at a high level with a LOT of skills (and since skills and levels unlock upgrades, you have a much bigger "deck" of available upgrade cards than any new player would). There's no reason to "save up" imagination and in a day or two I'm sure you'll have the all the upgrades you feel like you are lacking now.
    Posted 12 years ago by stoot barfield Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I like not having just everything available. It gives me a goal to work toward and doesnt make things completely boring.
    Posted 12 years ago by Popcorn☺ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • its not that fun having to play the game over again as a lower level.  i had all the skills i needed and now it seems stupid to do all that again.  been there, done that.
    Posted 12 years ago by ☣ elf ☣ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I like working towards getting all my old skills back too. Bit like my powers were stripped from me and now I must rise up to get them back! Lol (GoW type situation)
    Please don't run away due to the difficultly of getting the cards you want :(
    It'll work out just have fun like always and roll with it.
    Posted 12 years ago by Boaz Jachin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes, the problem is that many of us are having to catch up on months worth of upgrades.

If this system had been in from the start since launch, we would have seen hundreds of reshuffles if desired, and probably every card in the system a dozen times each. That said, it might have been nice to have a certain number of free reshuffles based on how much imagination we had at conversion. That didn't happen, so the only alternative is patience.
    Posted 12 years ago by Tamutnefret Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I think it would be nice if the shuffle was not completely random, so that you don't end up with a hand like: Brain Cap +1, Brain Cap +3, Brain Cap +1
    Posted 12 years ago by jello's landscaping Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I think if this happens... I should get all 3 for free! :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Mathilda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I agree with jello, it can be frustrating when the same three types pop up (in my case it was energy cap +50, +500, and +50 :P ).  I'm sure the dev team are working on it so the shuffles work a better :D
    Posted 12 years ago by Xopher TAF Subscriber! | Permalink
  • stoot! That was a compassionate answer above! Thank you. That makes me happy.
    Posted 12 years ago by Audaria Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It would be really nice if the cards behaved like an actual card deck, where the redeal sent the current hand of uninteresting cards to the bottom where we wouldn't see them again until we'd worked through the rest of the deck.

I managed my impatience to get my mining and harvesting improved fast by buying some inexpensive cards I didn't really care about like kitchen tool durability. I keep getting stuck with unwanted energy tank cards though, which is a little frustrating.  Those are the ones I'd like not to see again, at least not anytime soon.
    Posted 12 years ago by Lucille Ball Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 Elf. I am now bored and I don't want to do all of that agian, it took so long and honestly, I worked hard at gaining all the skills I have. Just frustrated I guess. i know, I'll get past it. :) I just don't see the purpose of having to re-earn it all. I don't cook, do herbs etc, I don't want to have to buy all those upgrades for things I don't use, just to get lucky and find the ones I do. And please, don't talk to me about leveling the playing field, work hard, get much. That simple. I'm done whining now, :)

Still love you TS
    Posted 12 years ago by Li'll Missy Brenda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks Stoot, I like the randomness of the cards.  And with the grinding to 60 many of us did before the "switch", we have a bunch of img to work with.  What a great twist to an already great game.  Patience to those who don't get the "right" cards.  There is no right or wrong, simply a matter of time.
    Posted 12 years ago by Sir Milo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • me too , fairly frustrated .dont like wasting img on cards that i dont really want. i cant really customize my glitch the way i want when i am forced to buy cards i dont want in order to try to get to cards that i DO want.
    YES - i'd like old things to go to the bottom of the deck- that sounds good.
    and yes I know we are in beta and all-so theres always a risk that things players do will have to be completely redone (like basically leanring the skills twice via the img new system) -but it still can be a bit frustrating to weather the changes ... ;)
    ETA- I have yet to get ONE reshuffle card on my own .I bought one at auction . So , umm yeah , I am happy for you guys who seem to rack them up , but my "luck" holds true and I havent gotten one yet.
    So , let me just state YMMV ,please remember we dont all have the same "luck with the random card generator" when you are making comments about how "simple" it is to use reshuffle,etc. I'd love to have gotten dealt lots of reshuffles and simply go on my merry way and use them-but that hasnt happened yet.
    Posted 12 years ago by serenitycat Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I actually am pretty satisfied with the cards. They aren't annoying at all. The only change I think so far is weird is the bags, lol.
    Posted 12 years ago by Ameh.Loves.Fudge Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Drat!  Foiled again! imgur.com/nzajJ At least I got Tree Hugger III and Bubblier Harvest before I got stuck, but I had to spend 30K iMG on skill learning speed cards that I didn't particularly care about in order to find them. I had a brain size card in my hand before I redrew my cards too.
  • I think that the cards are probably just randomly chosen.  It might be better to use a sequence which doesn't repeat so that people see all the cards before seeing the same ones again (i.e., a linear congruential sequence).
    Posted 12 years ago by Janitch Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Agree that if we reshuffle then the cards we previously had should go to the bottom of the deck. It's frustrating to see cards I'm trying to get rid of or ignore, go right back into my hand when I reshuffle. 

Maybe cards we reject could even go into a discard pile, and then we could choose to "imagine" reshuffling them back into the deck or leaving them out, to increase our chances of getting different cards. 
    Posted 12 years ago by Lynnt Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Well we knew what we were taking on when we agreed to play beta.. :) I know it can be frustrating..with the cards...I know we feel..grrrr when we constantly shuffle or buy trying to get that mining card especially when we "thought" we had mastered all the skills initially... But I keep reminding myself..It's beta I agreed to be a beta tester and this goes hand in hand with that role.. So I say to myself waaaahh lol Now I gotta go work for more iMG and try again for that card..Keeps me busy..It's a game and I like a challenge, so off I plod back out with me squeezing fingers flexed and chase those chickens or nibble those piggies..harvest those trees.. and when I think I've earned a suitable amount of iMG off I go back to face the deck of cards.. :) Hang in there guys..it will all sort its self out in the end!!  :) 
    Posted 12 years ago by Cryztal Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Personally I am loving the new card system. However, I do think it's odd that we can get multiple cards of the same time in a hand at the same time. I don't think there should be more than one e.g. brain capacity card in the same hand.
    Posted 12 years ago by geekybird Subscriber! | Permalink
  • "if we reshuffle then the cards we previously had should go to the bottom of the deck"

But that's not what shuffling is. Shuffling is "mix them all up and start again".

"I do think it's odd that we can get multiple cards of the same time in a hand at the same time. I don't think there should be more than one... in the same hand."

But that's what happens with real cards. It's just random. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you get a duff hand.

Personally, I like the randomness. If there's a card that keeps coming up and you want it out of the way, buy it and take it out of the game. It's not like imagination is so precious you can't contemplate spending some - you can always get some more.
    Posted 12 years ago by dopiaza Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I don't want any more energy or harden my cooking items, but thats the cards I keep getting xD
    Posted 12 years ago by Hana Firefly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • But dopiaza some of us don't want to buy a certain upgrade, even to get it out of the way. And it's not about saving or spending iMG.

I know I don't want to upgrade my energy tank because it won't really help me, it only increases the drain. I was thrilled that it got lowered in the conversion. I'm beginning to suspect there are a zillion and a half energy tank cards because I find myself stuck with a set of three after the shuffle in no time at all. 

Oh well, I like everything about the changes so far except getting stuck with cards I don't want. I guess that's pretty good overall.
    Posted 12 years ago by SkyWaitress Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thus the reason it is called "Beta". Still testing things. Sometimes that means we have to roll with what comes our way. Realizing we have played for quite some time, with the new addition of the cards...we have to "pretend" we are starting at level "0". We did get the advantage of having all the IMG going in to the new UR. New players will get cards added as they level up and learn skills. We already have levelled, giving us all the cards at one shot. I'm sure there will be more added as new skills are added and we level up more. 
    Posted 12 years ago by KinOfWolf~♥ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm kind of confused by all the folks saying how bored they are with having to deal with the new upgrade cards to get their skill levels back.  I don't think I want another complete reset, but I was getting bored with having no new skills to learn and no new features.  Now, within a really short time, we've had additions to the housing design system, new skills, new machines, new animals, and more.

I'm finding it very fun to see what new features the upgrade cards are making available, and choosing how to spend my imagination while still saving ahead for the final housing roll-out, so I can build the most awesome /home ever.

And please remember that we are still in Beta Test.  By being here you are agreeing to the fact that things may sometimes not work, and things may change.  Our job is to provide *constructive* feedback about bugs and features.  I know I've done my bit of whining on these forums too, 'cause we're all human, but offering ideas about how to move forward and improve the features that TS is implementing is more useful than demands to put it back the way it was or threats to leave.
    Posted 12 years ago by KhaKhonsu Subscriber! | Permalink
  • And for those of you frustrated that we were given enough iMG to buy what we had already earned,  rather than given them all automatically. bear in mind there was a very slight chance of another complete reset. Which would have  meant starting at level 1 with no skills and virtually no currants or iMG

I actually think we got a pretty good deal. Had you stopped using your cookery skills for instance? This way you get to keep the iMG you were given to replace the skill and can  spend instead on, say, a better bonus on a skill you do use a lot or, *soon*, to expand your yard
    Posted 12 years ago by IrenicRhonda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I ran into an ironic combination today: adding insult to injury with a Rube frequency card in addition to two brain capacity cards! :-)
    http://imgur.com/FzVov
  • I'm confused by those that are saying they worked hard to get all their skills. What? We learned skills outside the game with a click of a button, the only thing we had to do ingame sometimes was get an achievement or get an emblem.

Really. I don't get it. The system was click a button, wait, click a button, rinse and repeat a bajillion times.
    Posted 12 years ago by Piratice Subscriber! | Permalink
  • A lot of people spent considerable favor speeding up skill learning. I know I dumped tons of stuff into shrines when I was working on Mining IV.
  • what is the rube radar one?
    Posted 12 years ago by RJStormRider Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @RJStormRider doubles your chance of triggering the Rube.
  • Ah, cool!
    Posted 12 years ago by RJStormRider Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I keep getting stuck with the Happy and Happier Animal cards which I think are still broken. (And I think that's what they are called.) It kinda bums me because a) I do want to purchase those but cant, and b) I usually don't have my daily reshuffle available to get new ones so I'm stuck until the new day.

Why won't you let me spend my imagination!?
    Posted 12 years ago by Bexatious Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Bexatious

I think if you can't spend on a card it is because you got it already during the conversion. The buggy part is that it is there as a choice at all since you probably already have it.

I didn't realize I had it already and clicked on it. What I am curious about is if the iMG spent on it or not. I didn't notice at the time. I hope it didn't!
    Posted 12 years ago by liquid blu Subscriber! | Permalink
  • A lot of people spent considerable favor speeding up skill learning. I know I dumped tons of stuff into shrines when I was working on Mining IV.

I never got that.  what's the hurry?  Stoot himself has said that this is meant to be a casual game played over a long period of time.  The people who are expressing dissatisfaction seem to be very upset that they can't instantly grind through whatever is put before them.   Relax - this is not a console game. 
    Posted 12 years ago by WalruZ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I totally agree, WalruZ! What's the hurry?
    Posted 12 years ago by dm Subscriber! | Permalink
  • WalruZ, we've had our differences in the past, but would you be OK if I tried to friend you now?  ;)

Seriously, well put.
    Posted 12 years ago by Carl Projectorinski Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 WalruZ.
    I know some people that wanted to hit 60 as fast as they could.
    I have too many other demands on my time to play like that; and I discovered that it really didn't impact the pleasure I derive from playing.
    Now, that's my path; it doesn't mean all should play like I do.
    I think there's a type of person that wants to be on top of the leaderboards; have all the skillz; finish ALL the badges; harvest ALL the things.  That's okay; there's room for them too. So I can understand why they're frustrated at not having all the cards.

That's actually the genius of the cards.  It finally gives the min-maxers something to bang on that they can't beat in a day or two.
    Posted 12 years ago by CrashTestPilot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Piratice: 
    "I'm confused by those that are saying they worked hard to get all their skills. What? We learned skills outside the game with a click of a button, the only thing we had to do ingame sometimes was get an achievement or get an emblem. Really. I don't get it. The system was click a button, wait, click a button, rinse and repeat a bajillion times."

What they mean is not every one raised their skills by just clicking a button and staying offline. Many people spend hours in game collecting resources, mining and grinding away to donate to shrines. They did that to accomplish a goal, Sometimes it was a grind, just like in any other MMO. The fun thing about Glitch was that the game seemed less "grindish" and more fun than other games. People are now feeling frustrated because it seems now they have to "re-grind" to get back to where they were. This has drastically impacted game play for miners who are unfortunate enough not to randomly encounter the mining upgrades.

I think every one gets it that we are in  beta and it may take a while to get back to where they were using the new system. But they have a right to express their frustration because the devs need to know how the new system is impacting people. It is now the 3rd real day and the ...what... 15th or so game day since the change and many miners still have not gotten the upgrade cards. Every one who loves the game should be able to understand how frustrating it might be for someone who cannot play the way they'd like for 3 or 4 days or maybe even longer since we don't know when the mining upgrades will be. In the meantime, maybe we don't want to make our cutting board or sauce pot stronger because we are still working on the kitchen tool repair badge. You see? So, it would not make sense for us to buy those kinds of cards, even if we did want to spend iMG.
    Don't criticize people for expressing their frustration. Most are doing so thoughtfully and only a couple are threatening rage quits. Perhaps the devs need to think about tweaks for when the game is out of beta and players don't have a wad of iMG built up that they can waste.  That's my four cents.
  • I am now down to 0000000 img trying to get the manic mining card no luck still have to go 8 whacks at getting mining .this is stupid, no way you look at it the same brain cards came up for over 700,000 img and lost all.why the hell did I work so hard to get mining 4 0r 5 in in the beginning now the silly radiation will take me 18 days to get .Well will get used to this as bad day all around,
  • How many Brain Cap cards are in a deck?
    Posted 12 years ago by WhereIsTheCandy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I understand what you're saying, Leelah, and that gives me a better understanding of the current frustration.

The devs have been saying though, along with others, that it won't be that way for the new players. They will get the cards relevant to the skills they learn as they learn them, so they won't have to usually wait that long to get them, since their decks will be smaller and they'll be getting cards as they go along rather than all at once. So I'm not sure there's much to tweak on that point, unless the high costing energy cards/brain cards (though that will be useful to lower levels)/quoin multipliers show up too often for low level players.
    Posted 12 years ago by Little Miss Giggles Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I believe chocolate pie has just proven my point above.  
    Posted 12 years ago by WalruZ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Chocolatepie, don't let the screen door hit you on the way out.
  • Baby the screen door here is revolving,dont get caught by your pants off with your opinions.this is Beta and I realize there will be times of great frustration with new learning,this is my time to get frustrated and well deserved knowing I never complain or come here to listen to folks like you down a persons reactions when they are frustrated.The team is greatley admired by me and have been since Alpha days . Everyone has the right to say what is bugging them in any matter they choose without people like you harassing them with your opinions.I know the Devs will sort out my frustrations as they always do.
  • Dunno why people can't stand waiting for more than 24-48 hours to get the cards they want.
    Posted 12 years ago by diaveborn ♥ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @diaveborn:  Did you see a post somewhere that says in 48 hours the cards would have cycled through? If so, please post link. At this point I think none of us knows how long it will take to cycle through. But, I'm always open to being educated.
Previous 1 2