Topic

Staff Topic

New: Icons of the Giants (or, a Third Use for Emblems)

It is now possible to use Emblems to make "Icons" of the Giants. There are 11 new items, one each for Alph, Cosma, Friendly, Grendaline, Humbaba, Lem, Mab, Pot, Spriggan, Tii and Zille. Making an Icon requires 11 of the same Emblem (e.g., 11 Emblems of Mab can be used to make one Icon of Mab).

Like Emblems, Icons have three single-use-daily verbs on them which give XP, mood and currants (though the Icon versions give substantially higher return). You also have a chance of magically receiving significant favor from a Giant when you are near one of its Icons placed on the ground. Note: In order to continue to perform their magic, Icons must be tithed to occasionally.

Posted 13 years ago by stoot barfield Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

1 2 3 Next
  • thanks to all who participated in the emblem exchange! due to the success of the first round i am organizing round 2! check the group for details
    Posted 13 years ago by Snowpuff Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Woohoo, more things to do with emblems.  Keep them coming!
    Posted 13 years ago by Humbabella Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Where is the achievement badge for collecting all 11 icons?
    Posted 13 years ago by Awesomasaurus Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I remember when this was a suggestion nearly a year ago. Actually, I think I was part of the discussion about just this.
    Posted 13 years ago by Johnny Subscriber! | Permalink
  • greenkozi asked the question that I've also been looking for an answer.  Do we need the actual emblems or just having already earned it will suffice?.  So can I spend the emblems on learning and still get an icon?

I think, from what I have read, the answer is no.. I need to have the actual emblems but I really would like to see the answer in black and white:)  Thank you :)
    Posted 13 years ago by Qizara Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The icon is made from the emblems.  If the emblems are not there, the icon cannot be made.
    Posted 13 years ago by Fnibbit Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ty Fnibbit :)  I thought so.
    Posted 13 years ago by Qizara Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yay! I got all the icons without trading or buying any emblems! That was an adventure!
    twitpic.com/74b4mv
    Posted 13 years ago by Keymo Machine Subscriber! | Permalink
  • OMG! Congratulations, Keymo! That is a remarkable achievement. I'm still working on my first one---lol
    Posted 13 years ago by GreyGoose Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wow, congrats, keymo!

I have two at this point, and they are tithed up a bit, so they give decent amounts of stuff when I interact with them. (And a couple of times, I've gotten the bonus just for being there, and that's certainly fun.)
    Posted 13 years ago by clare Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Is there some way to find out how many of each emblem we've gotten so far? I'm assuming we can spend emblems and still have them count?
    Posted 13 years ago by Widdershins Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Widdershins: You are not correct. You have to have all 11 emblems in hand to make an icon. If you spend them, they don't count.
    Posted 13 years ago by BarryW Subscriber! | Permalink
  • One of my icons just threw me some oaty cakes? That is cool.  I am pleased.
    Posted 13 years ago by Scarlett Bearsdale Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Widdershins You need to have all 11 emblems in your bag(s) to get the option. The icon by the way, looks great thanks to the artist(s).
    Posted 13 years ago by Phochai Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Well I now have all 11 icons.  Dev please allow me to combine all the icons together to create a GMO-baconaise-colossus the shots me into a completely new dimension of the game. 
    Posted 13 years ago by Webbie Subscriber! | Permalink
1 2 3 Next