Topic

Post-Glitch get-together - LONDON MEET-UP DETAILS

There are a number of UK Glitchen around. Anyone feel like meeting in person after the game closes? Either before Christmas or in early January?

I'm thinking of London as all trains go there and it's near-ish for me, but if there is a large contingent elsewhere we could shift or do more than one thing.

Please say if you would maybe or definitely be up for attending. If we get a critical mass of people I will look into locations, dates, timing etc.

EDITED TO ADD EVENT INFO:

Glitchen will be meeting!

Date and time: Saturday 19 January 2013 from 1pm. Don't know how late we'll finish but try to arrive before 3pm to be sure of joining in the fun.

Place: The Mad Hatter Hotel back bar, which I have booked. I will make sure there is a Glitch-related SOMETHING visible to let you know where to go within the pub.
Address: The Mad Hatter Hotel, 3-7 Stamford Street, London. SE1 9NY
Directions/map at the venue website. This venue is near to various tube and rail stations.

Things to do: Have some food, have some nice drinks, talk. If you would like to play games or otherwise do Glitchy-themed things, someone will have to put those together, so please share ideas and help to make that happen - I will not be able to do all that myself.

Please share this information with anyone who might want to come to the event.

This event won't be in the right place for everyone - please do not feel that just because this event is happening you can't organise something else, elsewhere. I think there is a lot of interest in meeting up with other Glitchen.

Posted 11 years ago by Theremina Lute Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• well that came out fucked up a bit
    Posted 11 years ago by ~Fnordo~ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Not sure what's in my diary but would really love to come. Can you put me and my partner @wurzel down as a hopeful 'maybe'?
    Posted 11 years ago by annapeee Subscriber! | Permalink
  • If I were to show up I would be wearing the chicken hat and the springy boots.
  • And probably nothing else.
  • lmao
  • Now checking coach and train times. Looks feasible. 
    Posted 11 years ago by snygyst Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It seems very likely that I will be attending..thank you very much for organising this:-)
    Posted 11 years ago by !$Harrump$! Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hastily adds !$Harrump$! to image and publishes Mad Hatter.
  • Hmm. I may look into travel arrangements from Edinburgh. I do like making the trip down south, although I'd need to book soon and it'd be competing with my Christmas budget. Tricky one.
    Posted 11 years ago by Anaglyph Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Theramina: if you'd like I could make a yahoo group for Glitch meetup arrangments.  Yahoo groups have their limitations, but they're easy to set up and run.
    Posted 11 years ago by Josiah Thimblerig Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Tickets purchased.. so I'll be there :)
  • Oh I would so love to come..... Unfortunately, me being in Japan, I so very sadly cannot. :(((( 
    Posted 11 years ago by Misty Power Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'd love to aswell, but I won't be able to afford it. Have a lovely time Glitchen!
    Posted 11 years ago by Aemulus Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm in! :)
    Posted 11 years ago by shhexy corin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ooo I'll be there :)
    Posted 11 years ago by purple goldfish Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm in also - so long as I don't have to paint my face blue to gain admittance!
    Posted 11 years ago by JarkWoman Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I hope we aren't all expected to get nekkid!
  • I'll be there!
    Posted 11 years ago by eviljen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Cosplaying as your Glitch is not required to gain admittance. Cosplaying as your Glitch, if your Glitch is/was nekkid, is explicitly forbidden, cos I don't wanna get thrown out of the pub. All right? :)
  • Yup
    Posted 11 years ago by dopiaza Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I shall try my very best to be there, and will try to drag Cleo13 down too :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Marky Thirteen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm definitely in, too
    Posted 11 years ago by tass timez Subscriber! | Permalink
  • we are defo there.
  • can't wait!
    Posted 11 years ago by katlazam Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Just bumping this thread to remind people that the London meet is definitely going ahead on the 19th. I will brandish my gorgeous, lovely Glitch pouch (maybe something else too, dunno) to alert people to my identity - I will be in the BACK of the pub. I have had several confirmations that people are coming so rest assured it won't be just you and me if you decide to turn up :)

TL xx
  • can't make it sorry but i hope you all have a good time :)
    don't forget to post some pics of the venue
    Posted 11 years ago by god of war Subscriber! | Permalink
  • whoop! whoop!
  • Cant promise anything hun but im gonna try and juggle stuff and see if i can there......or be oblong x
    Posted 11 years ago by Loupin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I will be there, and I've persuaded geekybird to come along too.
  • To anyone who's going.. take note of the meal discount voucher at the foot of the page
    http://www.madhatterhotel.co.uk/
  • Piss.  There are engineering works between Three Bridges & Haywards Heath. 

That'll make the journey from Brighton superfun! 
  • If only I'd spent more time learning teleportation instead of playing silly computer games :(
  • When did this change from 13th?
  • It was never the 13th
  • "If only I'd spent more time learning teleportation instead of playing silly computer games"

I have a tonne of tokens left, but I don't think Chiltern Railways accept them.
  • Toot! Toot! 
  • I think I've only ever posted this one announcement and the date has always been the 19th. Commiserations if anyone has got confused - I will definitely be in the pub described next weekend, on the 19th.
    If you are coming and would like phone contact info, please message me privately using Glitchmail.
  • And if anyone wants a sketch of their avatar, email me at markythirteen@hotmail.co.uk and I'll try to have it done for Saturday

Please attach your avatar, and a few words about their (or your) personality

:)
  • Hoping the weather does not mess transport up.. dumping of snow forecast here Friday.
  • Having looked at the weather forecast, I'm no longer confident I'll make it. If I don't get there, do all have a good time.
  • There's snow all around, but nothing, and I mean NOTHING, will stop me from getting there
  • I can confirm I will not be attending. I live in a small village in the middle of nowhere, and the roads are already pretty treacherous. By tomorrow, they're probably going to be really unpleasant. 
  • Just made it home to Brighton from the outskirts of London. Looking unlikely for tomorrow too... I live up a steep hill that's pretty scary when it's icy. But we shall see. Perhaps the giants will send down some warming farts of love and make everything alright.
  • I doubt I can make it either - I can confirm the news wasn't lying about the red snow alert for the South Wales valley - so am snowed in and live on a very steep ungritted hill. But hope that those of you nearer/in London have a wonderful time ... and may be we can try again for another date in a couple of months time (assuming Theremina can rent the shag pile carpet again)?
    Posted 11 years ago by JarkWoman Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I can't make it either :( 'Lil town with train lines snowed over, and my trusty pair of feet can't carry me all the way to London...
    Have a good time for the rest of us, and we'll be there in spirit ;)
    Posted 11 years ago by purple goldfish Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I will def try to make it ... Hopefully there will be a few of us. . Such a shame that the weather has been a spoilsport.. Wud have loved to have met all of u..
    Posted 11 years ago by !$Harrump$! Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The weather out there is pretty scary, it's true! I intend to be in the pub as planned; I think I should be able to make it there ok. If I can't, I will post on this thread to say so.

We can have another go at meeting in a few months' time - there's nothing to say this is the only opportunity. All of you stuck in the snow please take care of yourselves and stay safe!
  • I am praying for good, decent weather for all of you to travel safely and have a WONDERFUL time!!! I am so excited for you all, my dear UK Glitchen! And please record a sing-a-long if you do it! I will be there in spirit, and am sending much love your way!!! xoxoxo Hab
    Posted 11 years ago by Hab Subscriber! | Permalink
  • P.S. What a perfect place for a Glitch get-together, too - with all the wild hats we had! I thought for a minute it was where I bought a British-version top hat back in the late 80's when I was in my favourite city of London, but no - it was Lock & Co on St. James. Wonderful memories - wish I still had the hat and not the memory of the guy I bought it for! LOL - jk! (However, I do still wish I had that FABULOUS hat! It was along the lines of the Vincent Thorpe hat without the goggles of course, and a grey hat band - really wonderful! I wore it home to the amusement of many people in the airport and on the plane!) :D
    Posted 11 years ago by Hab Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'd certainly be up for a meetup in more clement weather. Perhaps we should reschedule...