Topic

fox brushing

my brush doesn't come back fast enough, so i can catch the fox some more.  also, sometimes, when i light a bait, i only get one brush out of it.   is this how the game was designed?  thanks 

Posted 12 years ago by little peep Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Some people buy another brush, so they can use the second one while the first is resetting.
    Sometimes the fox eats the bait right away, sometimes it lasts a couple minutes.
    Posted 12 years ago by Zany Serendipity Subscriber! | Permalink
  • One reason I play games like Glitch (as opposed to other types) I have no eye-hand coordination, so fox brushing is almost impossible for me.

Is it is very very hard for others to do this, or is it just me?
    Posted 12 years ago by ArtOfHands RoboGirl Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It's not just you.  I don't have a whole lot of trouble with it, but when it was introduced there was a vocal minority complaining about being unable to do fox brushing.   Rest assured that it's not a big part of the game and you can manage just fine buying the occasional fiber and fabric off the auctions.   
    Posted 12 years ago by WalruZ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yeah, it's not just you. Fox brushing is kind of variable. Lately it has been so much of a pain (literally & figuratively) that I'm giving it an extended rest. The one bait/one brush ratio is pretty frustrating. 
    Posted 12 years ago by Aleph Zero Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @ArtOfHands, there is also a group called The Fiber Exchange www.glitch.com/groups/RIFPJ... for ppl who have trouble gathering fiber and those who want to help them out. Let me know if you would like some. I love gathering :)
    Posted 12 years ago by MaryLiLamb Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I came to this forum totally frustrated with my attempts. I just tried again to brush a fox and I  had a breakthrough. I ignited the bait. Instead of chasing the fox, I stood in one place next to a couple of the bait vapors and waited for it to come to me. I think got 3 or 4 brushes in which came to about 96 fibers. I don't know if that's a huge haul, but it was better than nothing and I feel oddly satisfied. Oh I had 2 brushes on hand.   
    Posted 12 years ago by Zeep Subscriber! | Permalink