Topic

Trees with 0 lifespan still working

Hi! I wonder if that only applies to me - a nice bug, for sure, but somewhat odd. I have several trees with no lifespan left, both in my street and backyard - and yet they don't die. In fact, I've been waiting for them to, to see how the restorarion works (I like restoration projects) - so far none of them died. Surely it can't be normal?

Posted 12 years ago by Verea Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• No, not just you, I have submitted a bug for clarification :D  I am actually waiting to replace mine with different resources.
    Posted 12 years ago by ♥joby♥ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I believe I read somewhere (not sure where) that the patches are for the lifespan of one tree. Hence once your lifespan bar runs down the patch stays active as long as the tree is alive. If the tree then dies, the patch will need restored. (I can verify this is what happens as I've replanted some trees in my Home Street and the patch needed restored when the dead tree was removed.)
    Posted 12 years ago by Dr Evanzan Subscriber! | Permalink
  • So poison should kill it then remove the patch? awesome I need something other than trees
    Posted 12 years ago by Raktivist Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Same as joby, i have had 3 tree's at 0 lifespan for more than a week, they do not die, i can water/pet, harvest all that, they just don't die!!
    Posted 12 years ago by ~Annie~ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Raktivist,

Yes, poison the tree then clear it will present a patch restoration project where you can then remove the patch.
    Posted 12 years ago by Dr Evanzan Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hmmm, while I get that it's the patch that needs restoring, it seems counter-intuitive for a tree to keep living if the patch that is part of sustaining its life is devoid of life sustaining nutrients because it needs replacing...shouldn't the tree no long accept waterings and pettings once the patch need restoring to force the tree to eventually have to die?  Not that I'm complaining...I love my ever-allspice tree...but it does seem odd.
    Posted 12 years ago by b3achy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • That's a pretty neat idea, b3achy. 
    Posted 12 years ago by Papa Legba Subscriber! | Permalink