Topic

Crafted every furniture item twice and still no badges

I crafted one of each furniture item before the new achievements, but when they rolled out, I only got the one for making each type of seating. I just finished recreating one of everything except for seating items, because I know those already counted. I still don't have Domestic Completist (or Novice Furniturer for that matter). Am I missing something? Is there a hidden item or two I can't craft because I don't have a certain skill or achievement, like with cooking items?

Posted 12 years ago by Kestin Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Did you make a note pole?
    Posted 12 years ago by snarkle Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Or a rug?
    Posted 12 years ago by Mal'akh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes and yes.
  • Same problem here, though I haven't been so meticulous. I haven't tried making a sofa or a loveseat yet, b/c I have credit for the seating badge, but maybe it's just glitchy? (no pun intended) If seating was counted from before the new achievements came out, shouldn't the rest of the furniture (in which case I should have Domestic Completionist several times over).
    Posted 12 years ago by MX Ghostie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Is it possible you never crafted the furnishings that came with the house (original "soul" furniture)?  
  • Actually, the achievement page is showing that as something I still need - but I did get the badge, so maybe the bug is just on the graying out the badge. Check through your profile to see if maybe you got it and didn't notice.
  • @MX: It's possible. I'll try making another set of seating items, then, and see if it works.

@snarkle: I made everything that I could make with the construction tool, as well as a rug. Also, it's not on my news feed or achievements page.
  • Same here, I have just crafted every single furniture item, including rug and pole and upgraded them, which got me the Better Homes & Garden badge. But still no Domestic Completist badge.

ETA: In desperation I just made a wall segment, although for the life of me I dont see how that is furniture!? But guess what .. I got the Domestic Completist badge and Novice Furniturer!
    Posted 12 years ago by Teena Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Definitely a bug here.  I previously crafted a bunch of SDBs, a few shelves, and a note pole, and just crafted EVERYTHING else including a rug.  No badge.  I did get the seating badge, though.
    Posted 12 years ago by Kellygrape Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hey all- please send in a help case for a badge you don't think you received.

Thanks!
    Posted 12 years ago by kevbob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yeah, same with me, it seems not to be counting past wall segment crafts. As soon as I made (another) one, it popped.
    Posted 12 years ago by Synkronos Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Did you make a door and a wall board?  I got the badge.  I don;t think that any of the furniture i had already made when the new Achievement was added count so I made several items a second time.
    Posted 12 years ago by Brib Annie Subscriber! | Permalink