Topic

Elixir of Avarice - multiple uses

This game I've been able to drink Avarice multiple times when I hit 200. When I do, and then grab a quoin, it resets me to 150 and I get to start grabbing quoins all over again.

Posted 12 years ago by FyodorD Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I did it multiple times to make sure I am not insane. I'm hanging it up now to avoid exploiting but I can certainly confirm it's happening, endlessly it seems.
  • This game day let me go over as well. I quit at 201, but the same scenario still applied.
  • I did it last night too, once.  I had exactly the same result as Fyodor.   I haven't had a chance yet today to try it. 
    Posted 12 years ago by Bexley Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I did this once last night sort of by acciendent. I was going for my max quoins, and after i hit it i went home. when I got home i noticed i didn't have the avarice buff, and though maybe i just forgot to take it. i opened the pop up window and it said i hit my max of 150, which also made me think i hadn''t taken it. I swore I had, but decided to try again anyway. It let me drink it the second time, i started to get more quoins, and when i hit the 200 max, the pop up window said i had -50 left to get to hit my max. so OOPS! I have no intentions of using avarice again until the bug gets fixed, since i don't always remember, and part of the bug seems to be the game forgets for a bit too.
    Posted 12 years ago by Pixieyelsraek Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This game day I couldn't do it but I'm not sure what the difference was. Trying to figure that out.
  • Maybe they're working on fixing the Elixir of Avarice. I have a max quoin cap of 150 (is more possible?) through upgrade cards. It would be great is the Elixir allowed you to surpass you max limit like previously (by allowing you to collect an additional  50 quoins).
    Posted 12 years ago by Kerlick Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Kerlick - it does. My max cap is 150, with the elixir it puts me at 200. AFAIK that was what was intended. The problem was that after hitting the 200 cap the buff would go away and we were able to drink a second time, getting 50 more quoins giving us a technical cap of 250. It would say we were at -50 our max cap of 200, but we still got the img/currants/mood/energy from the quoins we weren't supposed to collect.

It has been fixed though it seems. :-)
    Posted 12 years ago by Pixieyelsraek Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes, it seem to have been fixed, although I haven't seen any posts about it either. I haven't seen the bug take place for a week or more.
  • I hit 60 and am no longer levelling or running for quoins. I assume someone is taking up the torch on this one? I've never gotten a reply or seen confirmation that this was a known bug, although I haven't been able to duplicate the issue for a while. Was this just fixed under the radar?
  • It was fixed a couple weeks ago FyodorD.
    Posted 12 years ago by kevbob Subscriber! | Permalink