Topic

Servers?

Is it my Imagination or have the Servers been a bit Glitchy lately?  Or have the Servers maybe been a bit Clunky lately?

Things just don't seem to be running as smoothly in Ur as they have in the past.

Posted 12 years ago by Sir Lovealot Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• In response to a ticket I opened yesterday, I was told they were having some server hiccups.  So at least yesterday it wasn't your imagination.  
    Posted 12 years ago by Saucelah Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I heard that some of the staff were experiencing some of the same hitches we're seeing -- long house-loading times and keyboard loss-of-focus in particular -- so I have my fingers crossed that these issues will improve soon.
    Posted 12 years ago by Sirentist Subscriber! | Permalink
  • We had an incident yesterday for about 30-40 minutes which was causing some players to have problems getting into the game, that was fixed; and some other unrelated things with some disconnects about 12 hours ago (9ish-10ish PM Pacific time). If you have something specific in mind, it would be great to get some detail on what you are experiencing. :)

Sirentist- I'm not sure of the focus thing you are talking about, I saw you mention it yesterday in LH, but didn't see other detail. If you have it, let us know! :)
    Posted 12 years ago by kevbob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I asked about it a couple times and came away thinking it was already on the list and so all I needed to do was hit control-enter every time and wait for the fix to come down eventually. I do know I'm not the only one experiencing it (as of about fifteen minutes ago anyhow). In any case, I'll bug it next time I'm in game if it's still happening. And I'll fill my report with EVERY SINGLE MINUSCULE DETAIL I can possibly think of that might be relevant. I know you love it when I do that.
  • I bet that focus thing is connected to Mac/Chrome...

*digs*
  • Aha, so I'm not the only one who's observed a change in the load time when trying to enter my house! It's gotten to the point where it's stupid-crazy-long, and I will typically click on my door and go refill my coffee or glass of water and return just as it's showing up. And it's not as if my house is crammed full of decorations or stuff other than some SDBs (and not all that many either); I think I have one chair, a few shelves, and a couple cabinets, and that's about it. Thanks for bringing it up, Sirentist.
    Posted 12 years ago by Eleanor Rigby Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The servers that host the API have been very flaky as well (not sure if that's the same set or not). For example, 9 failures (HTTP failure, not API error) on the 18th.
    Posted 12 years ago by Janitch Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Janitch- that could be a situation where calls to the API was rate limited; it would depend on how often you were calling API methods, and which ones. You might post something in the API forum about that
  • P.S. This isn't just a Mac/Chrome issue. I switched over to Safari last night and am having the same keyboard-focus problem this morning. I am on a Mac though ...
  • FWIW, also have keyboard issues on Mac/Chrome.  Enter is especially bad.
    Posted 12 years ago by riscy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • loss of focus thingy:  we were thinking perhaps it has to do with flash?  it seems to happen more often as of recently.
    Posted 12 years ago by RainyRain Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I cannot log in at all as of right now (10:10 AM Pacific) and keep getting the "can't connect to the servers" message. All other websites I tried load fine.  The problem isn't on my end.  Multiple page refreshes do not help, either.

Help!  I needs my Glitch!  :(
    Posted 12 years ago by Ravenfeather Noir Subscriber! | Permalink
  • www.glitch.com/forum/genera...

(Above link is specific to focus issues in the client)
    Posted 12 years ago by Jono Subscriber! | Permalink
  • These API flakiness problems have been happening for a long time (and yes, I and others did post in the API forum).
    Posted 12 years ago by Janitch Subscriber! | Permalink