Topic

Leaving Home Street -- new player is stuck and confused

Ok, I'm confused.  I'm a new player, and I've gotten myself stuck early on. 

I haven't left Gentle Island yet.  From my home street, if I click on img and then Return to World I receive the message "You can't do that yet" and I stay in my home street.  The cloud that used to show the world is now blank as well.  I can go to a friend's street and get back to mine.

What does "You can't do that yet" mean?  What do I need to do?  How do I get back to the game and out of my street?

Thank you!

Posted 12 years ago by Kayote Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• That looks like a bug.

Don't think you're supposed to leave Gentle Island to your home.

Hope it gets fixed!
    Posted 12 years ago by Palindrome Subscriber! | Permalink
  • leaving the home street from the img menu isn't available for those on gentle island. Return to World refers to Ur, and you haven't gone to Ur yet. you need to complete the tutorial.

is this the first or second time you've gone home? also, have you tried the live help channel?
    Posted 12 years ago by bored no more Subscriber! | Permalink
  • If you have a map, click on a location on the map to go there.  Later when you return to your Home, the "Return to World" location will be the last place you were before you went Home.
    Posted 12 years ago by Brib Annie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hi Kayote! Sorry you're having troubles right off the bat. Good first impression, huh?

It does look like there's a bug here. I'm having an engineer look at the problem and we'll have you fixed up as soon as possible. Once you're good to go, I'll send an email to the address that you used to sign up. Thanks for hanging in there!
    Posted 12 years ago by Herp Derp Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This is something I was trying to help a new player with a couple days ago... Kayli. She did put in a bug report, so you might want to take a look.
    Posted 12 years ago by Lady Cailia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • hm, cant they follow someone out of there?
    Posted 12 years ago by ☣ elf ☣ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • sorry to mislead. I misunderstood the tutorial videos.
    Posted 12 years ago by bored no more Subscriber! | Permalink
  • OK! This should be resolved now.
    Posted 12 years ago by Herp Derp Subscriber! | Permalink