Topic

Lag in Decorate Mode

I'm kind of sad right now, because I just finished fully expanding my tower, but I can't decorate it because Decorate Mode is too laggy!  Wall coverings will only load if you apply them one section at a time (won't load the preview/image if you try to apply a whole wall at once), and only after a delay of at least 10 seconds. Each. Ceilings wouldn't load at all.  I mentioned it in Global, and I'm not the only one who's been experiencing this. Any explanations/insights into how long this will last or things I can do to improve performance?

Thank you!

Posted 12 years ago by Aurora Dellaterra Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Hi! I experience less lag in decorate mode when (aside from things like restarting my browser/computer and having less tabs open) I have less furniture in my inventory.  If you have a bunch you may want to drop off some in your home? (I know, this can be less than helpful suggestion because you might want to actually *decorate using* your furniture in decorate mode...! But if you have a ton of extra pieces sitting around you could try it and see if it helps.)
    Posted 12 years ago by diaveborn ♥ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I have exactly 1 piece of furniture in my inventory, so that doesn't seem to be the problem for me. I haven't even gotten to the point of thinking about furniture, because I haven't been able to get my wall coverings up!
  • Do you get lag when visiting other people's houses or towers? Maybe it's just a slow connection. If you try this page, it'll show some numbers in milliseconds (ms) and if they're in the thousands, that could be an issue: www.glitch.com/help/test/
    Posted 12 years ago by TomC Subscriber! | Permalink
  • TomC - the lag I'm experiencing is only noticeable in decorate mode. However, I did run that test, and two of the "game server" numbers came out in the thousands. Everything else was in the tens or hundreds. Perhaps is it just a slow connection.
  • Same problem.  Lag only occurs in decorate mode, lasts for a minute after I leave it, though.  I can't change wall, floor or ceiling designs.
    Posted 12 years ago by Humbabella Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Flash crashes on me practically every time I exit deco mode. It's been a real battle trying to get my house and tower decorated, and I'm more inclined to just leave it be then fuss with it a lot because I know I'll have to restart Chrome (have also tried Firefox and Safari with same result) every time I do. Anyone else have this problem?
    Posted 12 years ago by N2ZOrtolanaBlue Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Same here. However, I think my problem (not sure about others) is a flash issue. I have a terrible lag issue with floors and ceilings!!!
    Posted 12 years ago by Innie✿, Obviously Subscriber! | Permalink