Topic

What do Time Quoins do?

In the Gold Hatted, High Bouncing Memory Place quest, there's a Time (clock) quoin at the top of the tree. I'm curious: what's the point of it/what does it do? Once collected, it gave me '14 seconds'. Screenshot:

i.imgur.com/hY9Hm.png

Posted 14 years ago by Hburger Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Well, it's possible they made that a timed quest, and Time Quoins give you more time.
    Posted 14 years ago by Houdini Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Actually, time quoins reduce the amount of time it takes you to learn a skill. But, you need to be learning a skill at the time you collect the quoin for it to be of any use. If you're not learning a skill when you pick up a time quoin, I believe it gives you a +0 reward. Not very slick yet, and I'm not sure we intended to have those available at the moment, but that's what they do. We'll make it clearer at some point.
    Posted 14 years ago by jdawg Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh, OK. Well, I hope I find some next time I learn a skill!
    Posted 14 years ago by Houdini Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ah. I ran into one of those today, but I think I was in the middle of skill-learning because that's the most efficient game-play while juggling a day-job in other browser tabs. But it gave me +0. Next session I'll test.
    Posted 13 years ago by tiff Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Time Quoins are an awesome idea! I hope they get fully implemented soon.
    Posted 13 years ago by Jeff Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yep, I got a +0 time quoin yesterday as well, although I was definitely in the middle of learning a skill. So perhaps this post is in the wrong forum. But I will say that the idea is groovy!
    Posted 13 years ago by katlazam Subscriber! | Permalink