Topic

Where is schedule when world is open and closed?

Would like to see a schedule when world is open and closed (with timezone).

Thx

Posted 13 years ago by Thordom Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I don't think there is one, I'd guess it goes up when the staff has enough new features built and stable enough for us to test, which can't really be put on a schedule.
    Posted 13 years ago by quoo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Follow @isglitchopen on Twitter and get updates sent to your phone. Other than that... give plenty of feedback when it is open so we can move to Beta faster? :)
    Posted 13 years ago by Herp Derp Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Pity, logged in again and it it is closed again, well maybe one day I will get a go ! :D
    Posted 13 years ago by Thordom Subscriber! | Permalink
  • We're aiming for about once a week now. Tentatively, the next test is on Friday.
    Posted 13 years ago by stoot barfield Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Phew. Luckily nothing in the calendar for Friday so far. It's blocked out now...
    Will there be queue jumping links published for this 'tentative' Friday test though?
    Posted 13 years ago by RealJimBob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • weeknight tests...

i know they aren't the preference, but they draw a different crowd, which is good.

maybe more of those?

also, please, some tests where only new players are allowed in, and existing players excluded?

i think much could be learned from more tests like that.
    Posted 13 years ago by striatic Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Did I read somewhere that the world is reset each time? Does that include skills learned does anyone know?
    Posted 13 years ago by Flugel Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I agree with striatic. I haven't had a chance to play yet and it would be great to be amongst other player who don't know the game yet.
    Posted 13 years ago by Bubs Subscriber! | Permalink
  • DItto Flugel's question. The last test was my first and I was wondering if Friday's test will wipe my progress.

I really don't care all that much since there are entire skill tracks I didn't touch this time around (mining, meditative arts, tinkering). I'm looking forward to exploring more, too!
  • To Flugel and Herp Derp ...

I can't speak for what'll happen between now and the official launch, or how often the game will reset. But I've been playing for a few months, and I think it's only reset on me once. *Maybe* twice. They need to test both "beginner" achievements/challenges/skills/etc. and "advanced" achievements/challenges/skills/etc., so I think they let each test go for a while. I think they're sensitive to the fact that — while they have their own needs regarding world resets, and they're clear that there's no guarantee that you'll be pick up where you left off — they know it's a little soul-crushing to lose the work you'd done to date.

So ... it's possible that Friday would wipe your progress, but I'm guessing you'll start where you left off.

Also, note that their saying "Tentatively, the next test is on Friday" isn't a guarantee that there *will* be anything on Friday. I know you know that. Just sayin'.
    Posted 13 years ago by charliepark Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks for the insight, charliepark. Makes sense to me.

Either way, I just want to play again! :)
  • I keep thinking it's friday since tomorrows a holiday - and checking to see if glitch is open:)
    Posted 13 years ago by quoo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • We tend to reset players infrequently, so no wipe expected for next test.
    Posted 13 years ago by jdawg Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks, jdawg. Keep up the good work.
  • Thanks for the awesome work, jdawg and glitch folks! will prod my friends to log in this weekend.
    Posted 13 years ago by Alexis Hex Subscriber! | Permalink
  • And yes on tests just for new players - we haven't done that for a long while, but should.
    Posted 13 years ago by stoot barfield Subscriber! | Permalink
  • it's friday! (at least in my time zone) keeping fingers cross for glitch to be opened this weekend.

separately -- yeah, i wouldn't mind a total reset too much, have different ideas about how to go about gaining skills and what not. want to be able to contribute to new street building and see what that's like.
  • Alexis: Friday tests usually start around midday, ending at 5pm PST. Where abouts in the world are you?
    Posted 13 years ago by Hburger Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hburger: thanks for the heads up. my timezone is gmt+8, so it's going to be another 11 hours or so before glitch is open where i am.
  • @Hburger : GMT+8? Are you from Singapore? or one of the other countries?
    Posted 13 years ago by Ixirim Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @ Ixirim: I'm from the UK, GMT +0, so tests usually start at around 7pm, ending at 1am.
    Posted 13 years ago by Hburger Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Woah, that'll mean it'll start at 2am for me!?
    Posted 13 years ago by Ixirim Subscriber! | Permalink
  • As good as their word, another corking test.... Roll on the next one...
  • C'mon, we haven't had any tests at all throughout the whole month of December... :)