Topic

ruby slippers and teleportation

I know I asked for this before, but I really want it. (mumblemumblemumble, there's no search in the forums... starting over.)

We should be able to acquire ruby slippers so that we can click our heels and go home. In effect, giving us TWO teleportation spots. I really really want to be able to just go home. Home is where the heart is, but more importantly, it's where my stuff is. This became more obvious to me when my home was moved from what I thought was a relatively convenient location (hey, I picked it!), to what I think is an inconvenient location.

(Though I do think as the world gets bigger, there's going to have to be a better way to move between zones than walking. Bullet trains?)

Posted 13 years ago by clare Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Ruby slippers are a great idea. Really I could see adding making your own clothing items and equipment in this game. You could collect textiles learn new patterns to sew (or shoes to make). Or maybe they could be a reward for a quest.

One of the survey questions that is asked when exiting the game is about vehicles and transportation. I think its definitely in the works, but so are plenty of other great things. Yay!
    Posted 13 years ago by Mursock Subscriber! | Permalink
  • "This became more obvious to me when my home was moved from what I thought was a relatively convenient location (hey, I picked it!), to what I think is an inconvenient location."

that happened to me too : [

i mean marylpole? arg. so frustrating. it wasn't a big deal, but i only went to the house twice in this entire test because of the shift.

anyway -- stoot has said there will be public transit of some kind eventually, so there are your bullet trains.

i did like the group warping that jade and i came up with this test. she set her warp point to scribe weald, and i set it to harbringer heath. by sticking together and having people follow us before we teleported, we set up a transit junction between the two locations. albiet only temporarily.

as for the ability to teleport home? good idea. probably inevitable.
    Posted 13 years ago by striatic Subscriber! | Permalink
  • striatic: Yes, the group teleporting was great. But the giant conga line was even greater. :D
    Posted 13 years ago by Hburger Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Saddest part of my day was when I was with everyone at Scribe's Weald with a mass of people, got my paper, and then had to refresh my browser 'cause it cragged. When it reloaded, everyone was GONE. :`(
    Posted 13 years ago by charliepark Subscriber! | Permalink
  • CONGA! :)
    Posted 13 years ago by blogkitten Subscriber! | Permalink
  • charliepark, it was The RAPTURE!

.. and you were Left Behind : [
    Posted 13 years ago by striatic Subscriber! | Permalink