Topic

Mood boosters?

What exactly boosts your mood in-game when feeling down in the dumps (apart from quoins)? Which drinks are best for this & are there any that give mood-related buffs? I always have trouble finding mood when fresh out of hell... any strategies?

Posted 13 years ago by Hburger Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Bubble tea is a great mood booster, as it is in real life as well (especially from momoko in Austin).
    Posted 13 years ago by Nanookie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • emblems.
    Posted 13 years ago by striatic Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Emblems are such a bore though. My house is full of them. I wish they would fade with use.
    Posted 13 years ago by bluto Subscriber! | Permalink
  • why do you keep emblems in your house? they are free energy and mood and xp every day. super useful.

if you accidentally die with your tummy full, they can really bail you out of jam.
  • Why not keep them in your house, striatic?

They don't give that much of those things, and they're there at home if I need them.
    Posted 13 years ago by clare Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Once you've spent an emblem, can you go back to that giant to receive another emblem after you've collected 1000 points with them? And then again? To build up a huge emblem collection...?

And what does each emblem offer? For 1000 favour points of items donated, 25 energy, 45 xp and 20 mood per emblem per day? Times a bigger bag (16 slots) full of them... That's 400 energy, 720xp, 320 mood. Still, not all that much compared to a good stock of cabbage and drink (beer gives good mood right?)
  • I know you can go back and get another emblem at least once.

Yeah, after the first emblem spent to get a skill, and then maybe recollecting all of them to get the trophy, I don't see much use of the emblems.
    Posted 13 years ago by Cainunable Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Seriously, I have about 25 emblems, and since you can only use them once a day, carrying them about is a waste of inventory space. One emblem per God would be a good limit I think.
  • You can always drop them, litter the world with emblems.
    Posted 13 years ago by Tingly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes. In which case they are no use as mood boosters :)
  • merging 2 emblems should take us to limbo :p
    Posted 13 years ago by gaara Subscriber! | Permalink
  • you don't need to carry all 25. i have about the same number of emblems, and carry 16 in a big sack. so one main slot = all the mood i need each day with a generous dose energy and XP supplied on top of that. never having to carry mood drinks saves slots too.

that's never been insufficient for pumping up my daily mood, especially when combined with basic meditation, since it is rare to drain the entire mood bar each day.

emblems aren't a replacement for cabbage, but they are a total replacement for drinks while still supplementing cabbage power. add in XP as the kicker, and they're totally worth carrying around.

plus once you make the initial investment in getting the emblems, they provide consistently *free* energy that doesn't go against your "zen" or "tummy". they're pure profit.

clare suggests leaving them at home .. this is probably a god idea is you regularly go home once per game day, like if you're a gardener. that comes down to play style. the downside is that they don't work as emergency rations in case of full tummy and maxed zen if they're sitting at home.

16 slots / 400 energy per day is like saving 400c per day on cabbage/produce purchases. which isn't much if you're merely viewing them as an energy replacement but if viewed as a mood/energy/XP source all in one .. not a bad little amount to save every 4 hours.
  • underneath the foil wrapper, they are all chocolate.
    Posted 13 years ago by Nanookie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Woah! Butterfly milk (drink) = 6 mood. One slot full (24)= 144 mood!