Topic

Staff Topic

Your High-Level Recipe Ideas!

We’re working on a revamp of the cooking branches of the crafting tree! The goals are to (a) streamline the number of distinct ingredients required for most recipes, (b) introduce a middle tier of intermediate ingredients (such as sauces, veggie mixes & spice mixes, batter and “prepared beans”) which can be used in different combinations in different recipes and (c) create some new high level recipes. 

We want your help! If you have input on the changes and ideas to higher level recipes, we’d love to hear them.

The new intermediate recipes (mixes, etc.) are useful for several reasons: they reduce the number of ingredients needed to make high-level foods, encourage specialization in particular areas of the cooking tree, and promote trading between players at different levels — lower level players can “do the prep work” for the more experienced chefs. We’ve listed all of these below.

If you’d like to propose a new high level recipe, please follow these guidelines:
1. Must be made with Famous Pugilist Grill or Awesome Pot (or less desirably, with Frying Pan)
2. No more than 4 ingredients (don’t worry about the quantity of each ingredient)
3. At least two of the ingredients must be from the intermediate products listed below

To get you started, here are some of the ones we’re planning to add:

Examples of High-Level Recipes:
Hungry Nachos (pugilist grill) - Tortilla, Sliced Beans, Hippie Veggie Mix, Cheezy Sauce
Maburger (pugilist grill) - Bun, Prepared Beans, Very Stinky Cheese, Hippie Veggie Mix
Ritzy Salmon Congee (awesome pot) - Proper Rice, Salmon, Green Mix, Secret Sauce
Swank Zucchini Loaf (awesome pot) - Zucchini, Batter, Dessert Spice Mix, Cooking Oil
Precious Potato Salad (awesome pot) - Cooked Potatoes, Veggie Medley, Expensive Spice Mix, Mild Sauce

And here are the new intermediate products we’re adding:

Spice mixes:
Firebog Spice Mix (cumin, saffron, turmeric, curry)
Naraka Hot Mix (ginger, hot pepper, mustard, garlic) 
Dessert Spice Mix (cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg, licorice)
Expensive Spice Mix (camphor, old(er) spice, turmeric, cardamom, nutmeg, saffron)
Bland Spice Mix (salt, pepper)

Veggie mixes:
Glitchepoix (onion, carrot, cabbage, zucchini)
Hippie Veggie Mix (tomato, spinach, onion, zucchini)
Green Mix (broccoli, cucumber, spinach, cabbage)
Veggie Medley (corn, parsnip, carrot, broccoli)

Sauces:
Roux (buttefly butter, flour) - this base sauce is an ingredient for Mild Sauce, Cheezy Sauce, Secret Sauce and Hot ‘N’ Fizzy Sauce
Red Sauce (butterfly milk, tomato, onion) - ingredient for Creamy Catsup, Wicked Bolognese Sauce, and Sweet ‘N’ Sour Sauce
Stock Sauce (butterfly milk, meat, flour) - ingredient for Wavy Gravy, and for the revised recipe of Meat Gumbo

Other new intermediate ingredients:
Batter (flour, egg, butter) - used in numerous recipes to replace the combination of flour, eggs, milk and butter, such as Gammas Pancakes, Divine Crapes, Waffles, Pineapple Upside-Down Pizza, etc
Sliced Beans (31 beans) - mainly an ingredient for Prepared Beans (aka tofu), but also used in recipes that require many beans such as Chilly-Busting Chili and Awesome Stew
Prepared Beans (sliced beans, old(er) spice) - used in recipes that would contain “tofu” as an ingredients, e.g. Maburger and the revised Super Veggie Kebab
Cooked Potatoes (potatoes, salt) - 6 potatoes, boiled to perfection

Your are also welcome to swap in one of the existing sauces, such as Mild Sauce, Sweet ‘n’ Sour Sauce, Creamy Catsup, Cheezy Sauce, Wicked Bolognese Sauce, Tangy Sauce, Secret Sauce, Cloudberry Jam, Whorteberry Jelly, or Hot ‘N’ Fizzy Sauce.

p.s. If you're curious about what it looks like when we try to show all the connections between all the cooking products and ingredients and balance the prices and costs, it looks like this: i.imgur.com/Q5ffG.png

Posted 12 years ago by Mart Lume Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Oh. My. Gosh. I just love you guys! All of you! The sheer brilliance, wit and hilarity in this thread is amazing! I guess that is why I love it here. My face hurts from this dang sh*t-eating grin that I have had from page 1! (Or maybe it was the poo-poo platter...) :D
    Posted 12 years ago by Hab Subscriber! | Permalink

• Mushroom Risotto
    (awesome pot): Rice, Mushroom, Stock Sauce, Cheezy Sauce
    Meatloaf (awesome pot) : Meat, Oats, Glitchepoix, Creamy Catstup (or Wavy Gravy)
    Scotch Egg (awesome pot): Egg, Meat, Batter, Bland Spice Mix
    Churros (awesome pot)): Batter, Dessert Spice Mix, Oil, Honey
    Uncle Friendly's LCD/TV Dinner (pugilist grill): Meat, Cooked Potatoes, Veggie Medley, Bland Spice Mix (or berry bowl)
    Posh Canapés (Smoked Salmon w/Blinis)(pugilist grill): Salmon, Batter, Expensive Spice Mix, Secret Sauce
    Soft Pretzel with Cheezy Dip(Pugilist Grill): Batter, Beer, Salt, Cheezy Sauce
    Posted 12 years ago by Christine Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Coq au Vin (awesome pot)
    1 Glitchepoix
    1 Hooch
    1 Roux
    1 Meat
    Aranna is said to be lonley and far away from civilization. Things are sometimes a bit different here. The animals behave differently. They feel lonley and pick up habits from other species. For example, chickens from Aranna sometimes want to be nibbled and give meat. This is the secret ingredients of the famous "Coq au Vin". (And you better don't ask what pigs give, when they are squeezed...).

Grilled Tofu (Famous Pugilist Grill)
    2 Prepared Beans
    1 Firebog Spice Mix
    1 Sweet n Sour Sauce
    1 Garlic
    Posted 12 years ago by Louis Louisson Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I think a more important change to food rather than new recipes would be to improve the usefulness of food (though that could be done with new effects on the new recipes).

Currently, at high level eating food for energy isn't useful as the energy bonus is tiny compared to your maximum energy. Eating for img isn't much better as img is plentiful at high levels (and there isn't much to spend it on).
    Posted 12 years ago by Zandev Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I got this in my mailbox -- from you, Akhen:

"I'm sorry to intrude, but it seems to me that Juicy Carpaccio and Secret Sauce are already fairly close to your versions of Hollandaise sauce and steak tartare."

And when asked why you didn't just post it here, I got this:

"Because public finger wagging for only making small differences in existing recipes or not following the guidelines of the original post would have been even ruder than the message, and off-topic. Besides which, I can't see an entirely new item being implemented for adding salt to the Secret Sauce recipe. Sorry for wasting your time."

Let's be clear: if you want to be a busybody and say that someone else's suggested fake recipes suck, you should say it here instead of passive-aggressively emailing them snooty messages disguised as benevolence.

And by the way: hollandaise sauce is "2 eggs / 1 butter / 1 pinch salt / 1 black pepper" because those are actual things in real hollandaise sauce.

I swear to god you're the kind of person who writes notes about how someone's lawn is overgrown by 2 inches.
    Posted 12 years ago by The Crepeist Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I know it doesn't quite stick to the guidelines (and probably belongs more in the Blender than an Awesome Pot), but I'd love to have:

Jellisac and Ice-Cream
    Ice
    Butterfly Milk
    Dessert Spice Mix
    Jellisac
    Posted 12 years ago by Jheya Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Brownies!
    Awesome Pot
    Guano (for chocolate)
    Roux sauce
    Cooking spray (so brownies don't stick to pot)
    Batter
    Desset Spice Mix
    Posted 12 years ago by Morgana The Great Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Fisherman's Pie (awesome pot)
    Pocketed Salmen
    Cooked Potatoes
    Roux
    Cheese

Zilloween Soup (awesome pot) - seasonalExpensive spice mix
    Pumpkin
    Stock Sauce
    Wine of the Dead
    Posted 12 years ago by Maggie Moon Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Moosakka(Awesome Pot)
    -Stock Sauce
    -Cooked Potatoes
    -5 Eggs
    -2 Cheese

Tortta (Awesome Pot)
    -Dessert Spice Mix
    -Batter
    - 6 Ice
    -
    Fruit Salad

Kiopolo(Famous Pugilist Grill)
    -Firebog Spice Mix
    -Red Sauce
    -Greasy frybread
    -10 meats

Mazalo
    (Famous Pugilist Grill)
    -Tortilla
    -Prepared Beans
    -Roux

-2 Eggs
    Posted 12 years ago by Snarlo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • SQUEEEEEEEE!!!

Ok, got that out of the way.
    I like the sushi idea actually, since proper rice can be made with an awesome pot, that would give the lowers levels something they would need to trade for to make that recipe or give the higher levels a recipe for the knife and board (if that makes sense. I rarely use my knife and board anymore).

+1 to Birthday Cake and Bacon!

Chicken & Waffles (Grill)
    -Bland Spice Mix
    -Honey
    -Waffles
    -Meat (Should probably call it something besides chicken & waffles but I really want Chicken & Waffles)

Jelly Donuts (Grill or Frying Pan)
    -Greasy Frybread
    -Dessert Spice Mix
    -Whortleberry Jelly

Pot Roast (Awesome Pot)
    -Naraka Hot Mix
    -Carrots
    -Meat
    -Cooked Potatoes

Vegan Stirfry (Frying Pan)
    -Prepared Beans
    -Veggie Medley
    -Sweet n' Sour Sauce
    -Naraka Hot Mix
    Posted 12 years ago by Sparrow Odele Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Please, please PLEASE add all of these recipes!! They all sound deee-lish and I would be in a cook's ecstasy!! 
    Posted 12 years ago by sgjo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • There is a distinct chance that I might've duplicated a recipe in here inadvertently, as I did not read the whole thing. I just saw a chance to submit recipes and wanted to run with it. I apologize in advance if this happens.

That said, please enjoy. :)

Epoch Egg (Awesome Pot)
    ---------=---=---------
    Egg
    Naraka Hot Mix
    Stock Sauce
    Grain

A simmering, boiling spiciness that sticks with you for a bit, and we're not talking about the pot!
    (May suggest 'A Hearty Feeling' buff, 180 sec. duration, because of the Naraka Hot)
    Wrapping the eggs in grain, then boiling the eggs in the Stock Sauce and the Naraka Hot Mix should yield a flavorful preserved egg (and perhaps a distinct need to clean the thick result of the stock sauce's boiling away).
    Bonus points if anyone gets where this is going. ;)

Choru Nary (Pug. Grill)
    ---------=---=---------
    Meat
    Expensive Spice Mix
    Egg
    Bland Spice Mix

Mmm. Protein, the brinner of champion travelers! Oh, don't tell me you've never had brinner before!
    Top the egg with a steak, and chow down.
    (May suggest a variant of this that puts it between a bun for a little more energy.)

Sotato Palad (Awe. Pot)
    ---------=---=---------
    Cooked Potatoes
    Bland Spice Mix
    Butterfly Butter
    Hippie Veggie Mix

Not sure if this more of a fix for the pallid tone of some glitches who just devour stacks of meat, or if it's just a great use for those otherwise ignored veggies.
    A playful spin on a salad with potatoes in it.
    Posted 12 years ago by Xial Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yay, this is AWESOME! \o/

How about a Hot Veggie Salmon Pot (Awesome Pot)?
    - Salmon
    - Naraka Hot Mix
    - Glitchepoix
    - Potatoes

Or just Spicy Grilled Salmon (Famous Pugilist Grill)
    - Salmon
    - Hot ‘N’ Fizzy Sauce
    - Veggie Medley
    - Cooked potatoes

And Cinnamon Buns (Famous Pugilist Grill)
    - Batter
    - Dessert Spice Mix
    - Honey
    (Technically it should be a cinnamon, sugar and butter mix instead of the Dessert Spice Mix and the honey, but needs must. :~D)

(The only thing that would be better is if you had also added baking... I want to make cakes! and cookies! and buns! And it's kind of weird to do that without an oven...)
    Posted 12 years ago by Rannera Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Okay: Here's my two currants for this thread.

FPG recipes
    ==========

Roast Suckling Piglet
    - piglet
    - apple
    - lots of garlic
    - rookswort (which I imagine tastes a bit like rosemary)

Proper Cornbread
    - corn
    - flour
    - butterfy butter
    - hot pepper

Vendan Vindaloo
    - Meat
    - Mazzala Seasoning Blend (ginger, cumin, curry, allspice, mustard, hot pepper)
    - Tomatoes
    - Onions

Bonus: Classifies as "Hearty" owing to its immense warming properties

AP recipes
    ========

Proper Chili
    - West Spice seasoning blend (cumin, garlic, hot pepper, pepper, salt). This is patterned after West Texas, which from a bbq and chili-making perspective, is the only Texas worth mentioning.
    - meat
    - butterfly butter (for browning)
    - flour

Note that this has no beans; real chili has no beans.

To compliment it, here's a real bean recipe:

Blue Ribbon Beans
    - Beans, obviously.
    - West Spice seasoning blend (cumin, garlic, hot pepper, pepper, salt)
    - Onion
    - Garlic

Jethimadh Jerk
    - meat
    - Caribbean seasoning blend (allspice, hot pepper, salt, pepper, older spice)
    - flour

Chakra Chutney
    - Mangosteens
    - Mazzala Seasoning Blend (as above)
    - Rubeweed
    Posted 12 years ago by CrashTestPilot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ahem, Cake?

4 Batter
    4 Birch Candy
    1 Silvertounge
    2 Dessert Spice Mix
    Posted 12 years ago by Taco Assassin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Recently, The Boyfriend saw pumpkin sauce at our local Giant Eagle. After hemming and hawing about it for around a week, we decided today to turn it into a stew. It's not done yet, but we were checking up on it a few minutes ago and gave it a taste. It's pretty awesome -- so awesome, in fact, that Awesome Pumpkin Stew should be a part of Glitch, albeit a seasonal dish like the real stuff.

First off, you can make Awesome Pumpkin Sauce with a saucepan:
    1 Pumpkin
    1 Roux
    2 Nutmeg
    1 Cinnamon

And then Awesome Pumpkin Stew with the Awesome Pot:
    1 Awesome Pumpkin Sauce
    3 Meats
    1 Firebog Spice Mix
    2 Carrots

1 Cooked Potatoes

This is actually a pretty close approximation to what we used in real life.
    Posted 12 years ago by girlthulhu Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 to Cocoa plants, chocolate and baking. 

Not trying to theme these. Most were inspired by entirely too many trips to Disneyland.

Grill
    Monte Cristo - Meat, Cheese, Batter, Cloudberry Jam
    Salmon Wellington - Salmon, Bun, Mushrooms, Expensive Spice Mix
    Spicy Steak on a Stake - Meat, Firebog Spice Mix, Naraka Hot Mix
    Churros - Batter, Dessert Spice Mix
    Roasted Veggies - Green Mix, Bland Spice Mix
    Surf and Turf - Meat, Salmon, Expensive Spice Mix, Baked Potato
    Baked Potato - (Cooked) Poatoes, Butterfly Butter, Salt
    Strawberry Shortcake - Strawberries, Batter, Butterfly Milk, Dessert Spice Mix
    Veggie Pizza - Batter, Cheese, Red Sauce, Hippie Veggie Mix
    Vegetable Gratin - Veggie Medley, Glitchepoix, Cheese, Bland Spices
    Potato Gratin - Cooked Potatoes, Cheese, Bland Spices
    Hot Dog - Meat, Bun Creamy Catsup, Mustard
    Corndog - Hot Dog, Batter, Bland Spice Mix

Awesome Pot
    Mashed Potatoes and Gravy - Cooked Potatoes, Butterfly Butter, Wavy Gravy, Bland Spice Mix
    Beef and Broccoli - Meat, Broccoli (or Veggie Medley), Stock Sauce, Proper Rice
    Pineapple Ice Cream (or any other fruit) - Pineapples, Milk, Ice, Dessert Spice Mix
    Meatloaf - Meat, Creamy Catsup, Glitchepoix
    Popcorn - Corn, Butterfly Butter, Bland Spice Mix
    Funnel Cake - Batter, Strawberries, Dessert Spice Mix
    Risotto - Proper Rice, Stock Sauce, Meat, Veggie Medley
    Vegan Stew - Glitchepoix, Hippie Veggie Mix, Veggie Medley, Bland Spice Mix

Frying Pan
    Chicken Fried Meat - Meat, Batter, Wavy Gravy, Mashed Potatoes
    Seafood Crepe - Salmon, Batter, Expensive Spice Mix, Secret Sauce
    Posted 12 years ago by Rantte Subscriber! | Permalink
  • please stop saying bland spice mix.
    really, it's starting to annoy me.
    it's essential, or basic seasoning.
  • Curry Rice: Proper Rice, Glitchepoix, Red Sauce,Firebog Spice Mix , Awesome Pot

Meat 'n Taters: Cooked Potatoes, Meat, Bland Spice Mix, Puglist Grill

Okonomiyaki: Batter, Green Mix, Stock Sauce, Puglist Grill

Oden: Prepared Beans, Stock Sauce, Meat, Awesome Pot

Hamburg Steak: Meat, Red Sauce, Egg, Puglist Grill

Piggy on a Stick (Corndog): Batter, Meat, Plank, Oil, Awesome Pot

Mapo Tofu: Prepared Beans, Red Sauce, Naraka Hot Mix, Awesome Pot

Spriggan-Spiced Cider (say THAT three times fast!): Apple, Desert Spice Mix, Birch Syrup, Awesome Pot

Tii's Tartlets: Apple, Batter, Desert Spice Mix, Puglist Grill

(I spent most of my life in Japan, hence the food choices :))
    Posted 12 years ago by Xaila Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Maybe change Maburger to Mabburger. Maburger reads more like "ma burger". Which is awesome, yeah, but probably not how you intended it to sound.

Pickled Firebog Eggs, the main dish eaten in Mazza'la. (if nobody's suggested this already.) Eggs + Firebog Mix + Olive oil
    Posted 12 years ago by Sororia Rose Subscriber! | Permalink
  • No clue if anyone's suggested this (because I haven't gone through and read all of the suggestions), but how about:

Grilled Peat Bog & Jellisac Sammich (Grilled PB&J)

Bun (or maybe batter, just to make it fancier)
    Jellisac
    Peat
    Dessert Spice Mix
    Famous Pugilist Grill

It's the ooey, gooey, fun-filled treat that can't be beat! Disclaimer: filling is not actually comprised of fun.
    Posted 12 years ago by Kipple Subscriber! | Permalink
  • if nobodys suggested it:

Potcorn
    Famous pugilist grill
    3 corn
    1 salt
    1 butterfly butter
    5 paper
    Posted 12 years ago by Ultra-Dynamic Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Tetrahedral Samosa (frying pan)

- Tortilla
    - Firebog Spice Mix
    - Meat
    - Cooked Potatoes

Recursive Cabbage Rolls (awesome pot)

- Cabbage
    - Meat
    - Rice
    - Tangy Sauce

Family Style Palow (awesome pot)

- Meat
    - Rice
    - Hippie Veggie Mix
    - Expensive Spice Mix
    Posted 12 years ago by sadiekate Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 for Potcorn!
    Posted 12 years ago by IxÆoN Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Broccoli Cosma Casserole (Freezy-Bake Oven)

- Broccoli
    - Cosmapolitan
    - Firebog Spice Mix
    - Red Sauce

(grants Butterfly Farts, a little extra hangtime when jumping due to power take off)
    or
    Extreme Radiation, multiplier for group events like rook attack or feats, to boost the entire group effort
    Posted 12 years ago by IxÆoN Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Baked Nottis: Dessert Spice Mix, (Cloudberry Jam or Whortleberry Jelly), Ice, Eggs (probably for grill? maybe name it Grilled Nottis then?)

Minestrone: Bland Spice Mix, Sliced Beans, Glitchepoix (for pot)

Pierogies: Cooked Potatoes, Plain Noodles, Bland Spice Mix, Cheese (for pot)

Pizzelles: Dessert Spice Mix, Batter (for grill)
    Posted 12 years ago by Arashi Kurobara Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Groddlewälder Kirschtorte (or Groddle Forest cake) 
    1 Dessert Spice Mix
    2 Batter
    1 Hooch
    4 Cherries

(We definitely need Chocolate for the desserts!)
    Posted 12 years ago by Louis Louisson Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I have a recipe idea... but I don't think balut would have a Glitch following.
    Posted 12 years ago by Mal'akh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Sauce:
    • Adobo Mix (Saucepan) - Pinch of Salt, Black Pepper, Garlic, Honey

Other new intermediate ingredient:
    • Browned Meat (Frying Pan) - Meat, Adobo Mix, Cooking Oil

High-level recipe:
    • Adobo (Awesome Stew) - Browned Meat, Cooked Potatoes, Onion, Old(er) Spice, Beer

Adobo was introduced by someone earlier, but I think it should be more like this.
  • Spiced Meat and Tofu (Knife and Board) - Prepared Beans, Meat, Oily Dressing, Onion, Black Pepper, Ginger

Ur version of the Filipino Tokwa at Baboy (Tofu and Pork).
  • Special, bell peppers and beef... Jet, there's no beef in here...
    Posted 12 years ago by ICountFrom0 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I think we need rice vinegar for some of the Asian  dishes.
    Posted 12 years ago by Myrrah Subscriber! | Permalink
  • As someone who fell in love with cooking the moment she was Imagined, I love the idea of more recipes, but I do hope that there's some back-end planning to make eating more profitable. Right now I get by just fine as a high level player by draining my tank, playing with icons, draining my tank and dying, and using a GooHF card. I have NO motivation to eat at high levels.

Maybe the plan is that only low-level players will eat, and I guess that's fine, but I LOVE FOOD in this game and I want a reason to make it other than hoping low-level players will stumble across my tower to buy some.
    Posted 12 years ago by Aliera Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Let's have some more representation from South East Asia foodies
    Collaboration with ricepapergirl (We're both from Singapore)

~ Hokkien Mee (Popular in Singapore and rest of South East Asia): Fried Noodles, Black Pepper, Pork, Garlic (made in Awesome Pot)

~ Pork Congee (Chiok as known in South East Asia): Rice, Pork, Sesame Oil, Spring onions (Awesome Pot)

~ Fish Sauce: Salmen, Sugar and Salt (Saucepan or Awesome Pot)

~ Veggie Stir Fry: brocolli, mushrooms, sesame oil and fish sauce (Frying Pan)

~ Pot Stickers: potstickers: pork, flour, soysauce, onions (Awesome Pot)

~ Durian Ice Cream: Durian, Ice, Milk, Sugar (Blender)

~ Ginger Sesame Salmon: ginge, garlic, sesame oil and salmen (Awesome Pot) 

Thanks for asking us for feedback. *HUGS* TS :D
    Posted 12 years ago by Bachjess♫♫♪ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I've thought of several recipes that I prepare at home, and translated some of the more interesting ones to accommodate existing Glitch items:

Pacific Pasta (Awesome Pot): Pocket Salmon, Plain Noodles, Firebog Spice Mix, Cheezy Sauce
    Jalcakes (Famous Pugilist Grill): Pocket Salmon, Batter, Firebog Spice Mix
    Stuffed Salmon aka Growfish (Awesome Pot): Pocket Salmon, Glitchepoix, Lemon, Bland Spice Mix
    Pot Pie (Awesome Pot): Meat, Veggie Medley, Batter, Roux

And here are some Glitch-only goodies:

Toughburger (Famous Pugilist Grill): Sammich, Snails, Naraka Spice Mix, Prepared Beans
    Fine Fragile Fluff (Awesome Pot): Tiny Bubbles, Batter, Strawberries, Dessert Spice Mix

More to come soon, I hope.
    Posted 12 years ago by Lupicek Subscriber! | Permalink
  • To add on to Bachjess' post, spring onions might have to be derived from onions somehow, and soy sauce can be a new sauce (seasoned beans + sugar + salt in awesome pot). Durian can be a new fruit in the fruit changing machine, if you eat it alone it has the same effect as very stinky cheese.

Ginger sesame salmon is a real recipe that I cook very often. Stomach is growling just thinking about it.
    Posted 12 years ago by ricepapergirl Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Meaty Casserole (Awesome Pot)
    -Meat
    -Roux
    -Stock Sauce
    -Glitchepoix
    -Bland Spice Mix
    -Saffron
    Posted 12 years ago by Csophae Subscriber! | Permalink
  • With all of these recipe ideas, I don't see many +1's, and I am wondering about the process of choosing the most attractive recipes.

I wanted to know if TS will hand-pick them or would we vote on them in another thread?
    Posted 12 years ago by Zadow, Obviously Subscriber! | Permalink
  • awwwww, now I am hungry! :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Ishtar Subscriber! | Permalink
  • If we are going to be adding recipes, why not add a new type of machine: baking oven! 
    Posted 12 years ago by Ustice Subscriber! | Permalink
  • You know how we have more awesome shovels, picks, and the like? Perhaps the more awesome version of the fpg could have oven like qualities...
  • OMG, some of these actually sound delicious! =)
    and, yes, we do need bacon and onion rings... ;D

3 Intermediate products:

1. Prepped/Spicy Hot Meat (meat + Naraka Hot Mix)

2. Urgreen Onions (onions + Green Mix)

3. Glitchipotle Sauce, using saucepan combine:
     - YoghURt (butterfly milk + lemon, use blender)
     - Mayonnaise (egg + oil + cumin, use blender)
     - Glitchipotle Peppers (pepper + red elements, use grinder)
     -salt

High-Level Recipe for the Famous Pugilist Grill:

Glitchipotle Hot Wraps (prepped meat, tortillas, urgreen onions, Glitchipotle sauce)

new tool 'idea': bowl & whisk
    Posted 12 years ago by ~Scilly~ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • GIANT Surge Energy Drink (Awesome Pot)

Mega Healthy Juice (cuz it provides energy)
    Naraka Spice Mix (hot spices speed up your metabolism & digestive system)
    Hippie Veggie Mix (cuz, you know...they are supposedly good for ya) YUCKY!!!
    Prepared Beans (cuz they propel you forward when you toot!) :P

ETA: +1 for Potcorn. Puleeease add it to the game. Sharing that with friends would be awesomesauce!
    Posted 12 years ago by Dagnabbit Rabbit Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Strata: Salmon, bun, hippie veggie mix, eggs, milk (in the Famous Pugilist Grill, or an oven if an oven is added)

Mozzarella sticks: cheese, batter, bland spice mix, olive oil (in the Awesome Pot - you can totally deep fry things in a nice deep pot)

Stirfry: prepared beans, Naraka Hot Mix, glitchepoix and/or veggie medley (in the Awesome Pot, or the frying pan - a wok would be better but there isn't one)

Eggdrop soup: stock sauce, eggs, corn or veggie medley (in the Awesome Pot)

Possibly homemade cottage cheese?  Milk, salt, a couple lemons?  (In the Awesome Pot).
    Posted 12 years ago by Alicorn24 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Mal'akh -
    balut
    incubate 1 chicken egg for 30 seconds
    squeeze chicken
    enjoy
    Posted 12 years ago by Muncey Mango Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This is a close approximation of the most common recipe I could find while searching around google to use edible camphor.

Recurse Pudding - rice, butter, birch syrup (or a fruit jam, perhaps?), expensive spice mix
    Posted 12 years ago by Caesura Subscriber! | Permalink
  • We of course need Nectar Of The Gods.

Greasy Frybread or Batter
    Sweet 'N' Sour Sauce
    Dessert Spice Mix

& as a 4th ingredient Hot 'n' Fizzy (more of a spicy/tangy than super sweet, but I love Hot&Fizzy!!), Oranges, or Honey (but only if we can craft it!)
    Posted 12 years ago by Sturminator i` Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Such awesome recipes! I am now starving. I'm chiming in to also say YES, please give us an oven! Pretty pretty please!
    Posted 12 years ago by Pengwen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hrm. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't these intermediate ingredients just add more steps and/or inventory space requirements?

If a recipe currently requires salt and pepper and is changed to require Bland Spice Mix, I would then need to have an additional inventory space for the Bland Spice Mix, and would have to take an additional step (presumably requiring time and energy, making the already inefficient cooking process even less efficient) to make the Bland Spice Mix before I can continue on toward completing the recipe.

Unless you're planning to give us 32-slot Spice Racks and ingredient bags, no thank you.
    Posted 12 years ago by Shogo_Yahagi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Lemmite Pineapple Curry (awesome pot): pineapple, Naraka Spice Mix, Red Sauce. For adventurous travellers, appropriately.

Tii Brew (awesome pot): Green Mix, Expensive Spice Mix, whortleberries, bubbles. I feel that the ingredient amounts should follow the Fibonacci sequence.

Fish and Chips (frying pan): Salmon, Batter, Cooked potatoes, paper. The paper is because it's wrapped in a cone.
    Posted 12 years ago by Ms Marvel Subscriber! | Permalink