Topic

Staff Topic

Your High-Level Recipe Ideas!

We’re working on a revamp of the cooking branches of the crafting tree! The goals are to (a) streamline the number of distinct ingredients required for most recipes, (b) introduce a middle tier of intermediate ingredients (such as sauces, veggie mixes & spice mixes, batter and “prepared beans”) which can be used in different combinations in different recipes and (c) create some new high level recipes. 

We want your help! If you have input on the changes and ideas to higher level recipes, we’d love to hear them.

The new intermediate recipes (mixes, etc.) are useful for several reasons: they reduce the number of ingredients needed to make high-level foods, encourage specialization in particular areas of the cooking tree, and promote trading between players at different levels — lower level players can “do the prep work” for the more experienced chefs. We’ve listed all of these below.

If you’d like to propose a new high level recipe, please follow these guidelines:
1. Must be made with Famous Pugilist Grill or Awesome Pot (or less desirably, with Frying Pan)
2. No more than 4 ingredients (don’t worry about the quantity of each ingredient)
3. At least two of the ingredients must be from the intermediate products listed below

To get you started, here are some of the ones we’re planning to add:

Examples of High-Level Recipes:
Hungry Nachos (pugilist grill) - Tortilla, Sliced Beans, Hippie Veggie Mix, Cheezy Sauce
Maburger (pugilist grill) - Bun, Prepared Beans, Very Stinky Cheese, Hippie Veggie Mix
Ritzy Salmon Congee (awesome pot) - Proper Rice, Salmon, Green Mix, Secret Sauce
Swank Zucchini Loaf (awesome pot) - Zucchini, Batter, Dessert Spice Mix, Cooking Oil
Precious Potato Salad (awesome pot) - Cooked Potatoes, Veggie Medley, Expensive Spice Mix, Mild Sauce

And here are the new intermediate products we’re adding:

Spice mixes:
Firebog Spice Mix (cumin, saffron, turmeric, curry)
Naraka Hot Mix (ginger, hot pepper, mustard, garlic) 
Dessert Spice Mix (cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg, licorice)
Expensive Spice Mix (camphor, old(er) spice, turmeric, cardamom, nutmeg, saffron)
Bland Spice Mix (salt, pepper)

Veggie mixes:
Glitchepoix (onion, carrot, cabbage, zucchini)
Hippie Veggie Mix (tomato, spinach, onion, zucchini)
Green Mix (broccoli, cucumber, spinach, cabbage)
Veggie Medley (corn, parsnip, carrot, broccoli)

Sauces:
Roux (buttefly butter, flour) - this base sauce is an ingredient for Mild Sauce, Cheezy Sauce, Secret Sauce and Hot ‘N’ Fizzy Sauce
Red Sauce (butterfly milk, tomato, onion) - ingredient for Creamy Catsup, Wicked Bolognese Sauce, and Sweet ‘N’ Sour Sauce
Stock Sauce (butterfly milk, meat, flour) - ingredient for Wavy Gravy, and for the revised recipe of Meat Gumbo

Other new intermediate ingredients:
Batter (flour, egg, butter) - used in numerous recipes to replace the combination of flour, eggs, milk and butter, such as Gammas Pancakes, Divine Crapes, Waffles, Pineapple Upside-Down Pizza, etc
Sliced Beans (31 beans) - mainly an ingredient for Prepared Beans (aka tofu), but also used in recipes that require many beans such as Chilly-Busting Chili and Awesome Stew
Prepared Beans (sliced beans, old(er) spice) - used in recipes that would contain “tofu” as an ingredients, e.g. Maburger and the revised Super Veggie Kebab
Cooked Potatoes (potatoes, salt) - 6 potatoes, boiled to perfection

Your are also welcome to swap in one of the existing sauces, such as Mild Sauce, Sweet ‘n’ Sour Sauce, Creamy Catsup, Cheezy Sauce, Wicked Bolognese Sauce, Tangy Sauce, Secret Sauce, Cloudberry Jam, Whorteberry Jelly, or Hot ‘N’ Fizzy Sauce.

p.s. If you're curious about what it looks like when we try to show all the connections between all the cooking products and ingredients and balance the prices and costs, it looks like this: i.imgur.com/Q5ffG.png

Posted 12 years ago by Mart Lume Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• +1 Potcorn omg! All of these are so great !!
    Posted 12 years ago by Darling Violetta Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 the suggestion for deeper bags to go with all these extra steps.
    Posted 12 years ago by Alicorn24 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Rhubarb pie for the stoot shrine. It can be seasonal.
    (Awesome Pot)
    Ingredients: rhubarb (added fruit-changing, or grown as a crop), flour, butter, egg

Edit: I didn't read the original post too well.
    New ingredients: rhubarb, dessert spice mix, batter
    Posted 12 years ago by indiewindi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yeah... We need to have vinegar for cooking. I had to resort to replacing vinegar with either Honey, Oily Dressing or Beer.
    Posted 12 years ago by Mal'akh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • OMG!!! I can't believe I missed this thread! This has me ridiculously excited, and not just because it's dinnertime.

I'm sure I will have a couple recipes to add once I've reviewed the new intermediate ingredients,  but for now I'd like to +11 Christine's Gingerbread Yeti (from page one), indiewindi's Rhubarb Pie, and Ms Marvel's Tii Brew (if only for the Fibonacci reference).
    Posted 12 years ago by kastlin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Forgot to add:
    <3 to Mart for letting us in on this, and for the link to the foods/ingredients chart. So glad I'm not the one doing that - I have enough trouble with the color blends for my RL shop (some ingredients/colors really do resist being used in multiple configurations).
  • so many +1s to so many wonderful ideas!

one idea...based on a regional dish from upstate NY:
    (Cosmic) Garbage Plate
    Cheeseburger, Grilled Cheese, Prepared Beans, Cooked Potatoes, Naraka Hot Mix
    (PLUS one random optional ingredient like: eggs, fried eggs, green eggs, onions, mustard spice, bun, butterfly butter, Hot N fizzy sauce, etc...)

A regional dish from Boston
    The (Ur)Mess
    veg version : plain noodles or tangy noodles, wicked bolognese sauce or Red sauce, stinky cheese plus a veggie mix
    meat version: add a serving of meat or meat tetrazzini

BiBimBop

Sesame oil, meat, fried egg, Naraka Hot Mix plus 2 veg mixes

UrGratin potatoes (similar was posted earlier I think)
    Cooked potatoes, (bland) Essential seasoning, cheese, stinky cheese, very stinky cheese. olive oil or butterfly butter

Chowdah
    Roux, Prepared Potatoes, corn off the cob, salmon (or crabato), butterfly milk. (Bland) Essential spices
    for NY style add red sauce
    for Maryland style add old(er) spice

Off the Bone
    Naraka Spice Mix, (Bland) Essential spice mix, either of the Jellies, a chick or 3, IN A SLOW COOKER! (Can you Urmagine the Inuendo when you make Pulled Pork!!!?!?!??!)

Urpple crisp
    Apples, Dessert Spice Mix, Batter plus Oats and Honey

Glitchmas cookies
    Batter + Expensive spice mix + jelly. also... needs paper to wrap.
    (gives iMG when given away)

Hum-giving Pie
    Roux + Hi-Sucrose Corn Syrup Square + Expensive Spice Mix + any fruit (cloudberries?)
    (gives Stuffed feeling when eaten - pooped like jumps, desire to watch dog show or football on TV)

you didn't ask for it...but it's my favorite
    Lemon Crud (I was always a terrible speller)
    Lemons plus Eggs
    (it goes good with prepared beans and buns)

2 currents...
    Onion Rings need beer plus batter, essential spice and onions...maybe an herb for classing it up ... and catchup?
    Rhubarb Pie should have strawberries in it :)
    Posted 12 years ago by BlueBetsy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Not sure if anyone mentioned Fish Tacos or not

Salmon, Tortilla, Hot n Spicy sauce, cheese, fibers
    Posted 12 years ago by Pickle Juice Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Herbal Vegan Strew (made in a awesome pot)
    1 of each herb that can be grown.
    1 tofu (made with krazy salt, beans, cup of water and pugalist grill)
    1 flour
    (maybe a essence of purple?)
    and a hawt sauce!

gives 1 mood, 1 img, and 1 energy

FOOD BUFF:

Herbal vision.
    inverts all colors (maybe some meltyness?)
    Distorts speech
    and of course, animals are attracted to your presence!
    Posted 12 years ago by Herb Herbally Subscriber! | Permalink
  • PURPLE BROWNIES

Purple Flower, essence of purple, flour, Honey, butterfly milk, mushrooms

gives MUNCHIES buff, which grants a 5% img bonus to food consumed.  Also triggers the purple flower buzz
  • OMG YES. Especially +1 to the onion rings. I love onion rings.

Firstly, another intermediate item suggestion:

Breadcrumbs (Knife and Board)
    Bun

Anyway, on with the actual food. Apologies for any repeats, I didn't have time to read everything!

**Awesome Pot Recipes:**

Mab-pot Tofu
    Prepared Beans
    Meat
    Naraka Hot Mix
    Proper Rice

Rasana Ragout
    Meat
    Glitchepoix
    Red Sauce
    Hooch

Crazy Cassoulet
    Sliced Beans
    Glitchepoix
    Wavy Gravy

Fruity Naengmyeon (Cold Korean Noodles)
    Plain Noodles
    Cloudberry Jam (We don't have vinegar, but why not fruit? ^_^)
    Expensive Spice Mix
    Ice

Soup-er veggie soup
    Hippie Veggie Mix
    Green Mix
    Veggie Medley (You saw this coming, right?)
    Bland Spice Mix

Tii Egg
    (Need not bear any resemblence to the actual recipe except for appearance, entirely here for the pun)
    Egg
    Expensive spice mix

**Grill recipes:**

Jammy/Jelly Doughnuts (Depends on whether you prefer to have the pot or the grill doing frying...)
    Batter
    Honey
    Whortleberry/Cloudberry Jam/Jelly
    Oil

Steak Tangy-yaki
    Meat
    Tangy Sauce
    Expensive Spice Mix

Mild/Spicy Fishcakes
    Salmon
    Breadcrumbs
    Cooked Potatoes
    Mild Sauce/Firebog Spice Mix

Tonkatsu (+Rice)
    Meat
    Breadcrumbs
    Bland Spice Mix
    (Proper Rice)

Stinky Fried Tofu
    Prepared Beans
    G-g-g-guano?
    Oil
    Hot and Fizzy Sauce

Meat in the Hole
    Meat
    Batter
    Onion Gravy
    Posted 12 years ago by Saro Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Simple mechanism for bacon, because I know that's occasionally a topic of interest.

A) Collect Meat.
    B) Using knife and board, TRIM MEAT.
    C) Using this mechanism, acquire cuts of meat.

These could include:
    1) Bacon.  (OMG.)
    2) Tenderloin
    3) Carnitas
    4) Your choice of cuts here.

These cuts of meat are then deployable in other cooking techniques.

IE, Bacon could then be prepared in a frying pan.
    Tenderloin could be prepared to two ends, either via the FPG, or the AP.

Very simple method of putting meat out there, in a variety of ways.
    Posted 12 years ago by CrashTestPilot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • We really need Bacon* (e.g. meat, and a spice mix, e.g. expensive, or even )! Because then we can make

Cobb Salad
    Green Mix
    Hippie Veggie Mix
    Bacon
    Very, Very Stinky Cheese (something that I think currently has no use in recipes)

* I think it would be good to have an intermediate recipe for Meat similar to that for beans / potatoes -- and Bacon would fit the bill perfectly
    Posted 12 years ago by Sturminator i` Subscriber! | Permalink
  • As always, Sturminator and I agree in principle.
    Not a HUGE fan of the Cobb, more of a Caesar man, myself.
    But again, one could TRIM a Salmen and season it, to make anchovies, and then turn the anchovies into pizza, a sauce additive, or a lovely Caesar dressing, combined with Stinky Cheese, and oh: Where TF is the GD lettuce in my crop garden.
    I need a variety of lettuces: Bibb, Greenleaf, Redleaf, and Romaine, de minimus.
    Also, we'll be looking for artichokes.
    And olive trees.
    And cold-pressing machinery to make olive oil.
    So, you can see, we have much work to do, and little time to do it.

I see ovens as a machine, that can produce pizzas, baked goods (cakes, muffins, scones, pies, etc.).  They need fuel, so, that'll be good, particularly since the benefits (img) of the slow-cooked things will pan out for us. No?

We're also going to need fermenters to produce beer, sake, wine, vinegar, and other things of this type.  That's probably NOT going to need fuel, just time.

And finally, we're going to need presses to help us create the precursors to olive oil, wine, cider, sake, beer and other lovely things.  Those precursors could be loaded into the fermenter to create the  above mentioned Wine, Sake, Beer and Cider and Vinegar products.

I'm really glad someone serious at TS is taking this on. 

I'm a bit of a foodie, so the idea of creating these chains of resources is v. v. interesting to me.  It also creates more machine diversity, so, that's good as well.
  • Cloudberry Rice Pudding
    - Proper Rice
    - Cloudberry Jam
    - Dessert Spice Mix (cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg, licorice)
    Posted 12 years ago by BooAnCoo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Spicy Whortleberry Noodles
    -Dessert Spice Mix (cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg, licorice)
    -Whortleberry Jelly
    -Fried Noodles
    -Secret Sauce
    Posted 12 years ago by BooAnCoo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Crab Apple Bread

Apples
    Crabato Juice
    Dessert Spice Mix
    Batter
    Posted 12 years ago by Carl Projectorinski Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Well said Crashtestpilot. And while we're on the subject of fermentation, how about soured-oat pizza crust and focaccia.
    Posted 12 years ago by Myrrah Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm throwing this link up to an idea I have posted in the Ideas forum. Forgive the intrusion, but as this post directly inspired this idea, I feel maybe it will get a few more eyes here than being lost on the Idea board alone.

The general idea is that with the advanced recipes a combination of quests and skills could be combined to allow people to have an Ur food cart and travel around and sell their wares. Full post here:

www.glitch.com/forum/ideas/...
    Posted 12 years ago by rorschach Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Crabby Boil [Awesome Pot]: Crabato Juice, Hot n' Fizzy Sauce, Meat, Naraka Hot Mix
    Firozi Tapenade [Awesome Pot]: Expensive Spice Mix, Hippie Veggie Mix, Olive Oil, Pocket Salmon
    Groddle Galantine [Awesome Pot]: Glitchpoix, Meat, Veggie Medley
    Humbaba Hock [Famous Pugilist Grill]:
    Meat, Bland Spice Mix, Whortleberry Jelly
    Potstrumming [Awesome Pot]: Bland Spice Mix, Pocket Salmon, Stock Sauce, Very Very Stinky Cheese
    Posted 12 years ago by Kazehas Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Taiyaki! Taiyaki! Taiyaki! 

My all-time favourite in RL, aside from Mont Blanc  :D
    Batter
    Red Elements
    Sliced Beans
    Honey
    Posted 12 years ago by Maruchan Subscriber! | Permalink
  • How about Sushi...
    Proper rice, cucumber, pocket salmen, bland spice mix, cabbage?
    Also +1 for Soupie's chicken noodle soup 
    and also +1 for BACON!
    Posted 12 years ago by Jendaline Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Myrrah: Don't get me started on starter.
    My mother has made a near religion of it.
    So, yes, a vessel + flour + time could yield great starter that could be used for a number of high-img-added goods, baked and otherwise.
    It's simply the dynamic of gardening where one begins something, one waits, and then one has results, applied to a tool.
    From a computational/database perspective, the plumbing of that should already be pretty well laid in at Rancho TS.  Now they just need to apply it to a portable in-game object.

But yes! What you said!

One demurral/inquiry:  Do you know of a focaccia recipe that requires starter?  Please post link! That sounds bloody amazing!
  • Spaghetti Yeti
    Made with Awesome Pot (obviously)
    - Plain Noodles
    - Tofu (would require a separate recipe...)
    - Naraka Hot Mix
    - Ice

The final result would look like a yeti made out of noodles!
    Posted 12 years ago by Yeti Spaghetti Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Tofu = prepared beans + fermenter.
    Also produces Soy Sauce (shoyu), Miso, and MSG.
    Yay, umami!

Another reason we need fermentation systems.
  • Thanks everyone very much for contributing, and keep them coming! There are so many fantastic ideas here!

Zadow: There are many considerations going into adding a recipe to the game, enthusiasm in this thread being one of the key factors. Then there is the "designy side" (such as recipe's usage of under-utilized ingredients, whether there is 'space' for this recipe in the 'skill/value matrix' of all recipes, do similar recipes already exist, etc), so the final choice will have to be made by us. That said, this is an enormously exciting pool of ideas to choose from!

Shogo Yahagi and others who are concerned about needing "deeper bags" after this revamp: If you'd like to make all your higher-level foods "from scratch", then indeed you may need a few extra inventory slots to process the intermediate ingredients. But we are hopeful that it will become more common to trade ingredients between players of different levels, so lower-level players could participate more in the ingredient economy, and thus in the end make it more fun and more "worth it" for everyone.
    Posted 12 years ago by Mart Lume Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I saw the explanation, Mart, it was just wrong. Adding steps and intermediate ingredients is the opposite of streamlining, and they don't reduce the number of ingredients for high-level recipes, they increase them. If buying the components is "more fun" than making them, you've clearly gone in the wrong direction. If the players are telling you that the top level cooking skills are not as beneficial as they should be, the solution is not to make them so inconvenient that people will just buy the components instead of using their skills.

I'll say it again. If you're going to go ahead with this, you need to introduce bigger spice racks, better tools that skip steps (like an advanced mill that lets you go directly from allspice to spice mixes), or both. You should not penalize players who want to do their own cooking.
    Posted 12 years ago by Shogo_Yahagi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh!! The more involved the cooking, the better I like it!!

Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait!!
    Posted 12 years ago by sgjo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • In the interest of contributing to the recipes:
    Cooking Sherry
    Hooch
    Bunch of Grapes
    Pinch of Salt

Used as an ingredient in recipes; when consumed directly, gives the buff "...And Then We Add The Wine!" (named in honor of the Julia Child impression that I thought was terribly funny as a wee lad) which reduces the energy cost of cooking activities.
  • OH MAN, I'm so so excited for this to come out, cooking was the first thing I learned fully but I've been so dissapointed with only making awesome stew for so long. I'm so glad there's going to be more variety soon! Not to mention it's pretty hard to keep up a 1500+ tank with 200 energy per stew, please make something a bit more filling!

As for recipies please make more things with salmon, only one salmon recipie is driving me crazy and I'd love an excuse to go out and pocket some since it's so fun!
    Posted 12 years ago by Kachek47 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Traditional Holiday Green Bean Casserole: (Awesome Pot) - Sliced Beans, Roux, Mushrooms, Onions.
    Glitch Toast: (Pugilist Grill) - Batter, Bun, Dessert Spice Mix, Birch Syrup
    Firozi Crab Cakes: (Pugilist Grill) - Crabato, Batter, Hippie Vegetable Mix, Firebog Spice Mix
    Posted 12 years ago by Autolycus Subscriber! | Permalink
  • OMG yes, we need holiday recipes!

Sugar Plum Pie
    - Pugilist Grill? - we really need an EZ-Bake Oven
    Batter, dessert spice mix, plums, honey

Apple Pie - Pugilist Grill or EZ-Bake Oven
    Batter, dessert spice mix, apples, butter

Turkey with Stuffing - pugilist grill (?) - EZ-Bake Oven
    Meat, Bun, Wavy Gravy, Expensive Spice Mix

Sweet Potato Casserole - awesome pot
    Cooked Potatoes, honey, pineapple, Roux

Spriggandaise Sauce
    - saucepan
    Eggs, Butter, Lemon, Salt
    Because you HAVE to have hollandaise sauce for the broccoli and we have all the ingredients!

Special Occasion Vegetables - awesome pot?
    Vegetable Medley, Spriggandaise Sauce, Mild Spice Mix

Eggs Benedict
    - frying pan - doesn't fit your requirements but I'm on a roll
    Eggs, Meat (or even better the bacon other players have suggested), Bun, Spriggandaise Sauce
    Posted 12 years ago by Lucille Ball Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Some time ago I  suggested, in the Ideas Forum  that for our birthday (creation date) I would like a short time recipe (1 day, a week, whatever) that slices into say 8 portions. Eating them would give some energy, high mood and maybe iMG, but the cook is unable to eat it. It must be shared, it would only 'work' if it was given to you. A social achievement could be given for eating them, not for baking them. For the Award Hounds you would have to reciprocate to encourage sharing and giving so that you get some back. Only one person responded though
    http://www.glitch.com/forum/ideas/11175/

And something similar was also suggested here
    http://www.glitch.com/forum/general/26936/

And then
    Kukubee wroteThat's awesome. I think it will be awesome if you can share slices of the cake with friends and receive a bonus for eating them together. Sort of like sharding, but with eating. Because there should be a bonus for partying. Anyways, I drew it, proposed it, and if history is any indication, we will not do it! But hopefully!

So can we have Birthday Cake? Sharding Birthday Cake?
    Posted 12 years ago by IrenicRhonda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • What about adding more drinks and adding an intermediate step to them, using an item that's not used very much as is. Yes, I want to be able to make:

Flavor Crystals!
    Strawberry! Orange! Cloudberry!

And then use those to make things like Tropical Punch Cool-Aid.

Mmm? :D
    Posted 12 years ago by Panda Party Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 for Flavor Crystals =)

Panda's Tropical Punch:
    ~Flavor Crystals = Krazy Salts, strawberries, banana, coconut, Rubemycin (sounds a bit like a vitamin),
    ~add hooch, for that extra punch in the punch.
    Posted 12 years ago by ~Scilly~ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hehe, nice name Scilly :3

Or maybe something like...

Zingtastic Panda Pop (Blender)
    +50 Mood, +20 Energy, Cooling Down buff (+5 Mood, +5 Energy every second for 10 seconds, doubled in a hot place?)

Made using approximately:
    3 Flavor Crystals
    5 Ice
    2 Honey
    10 Diabolic Acid
    5 Friendly Acid

I think food or drink that did something more in certain types of area would be fun. Like...

Brew of Below
    Healthy Glow - Lasts for 1 minute and gives 3 Mood per second, plus if your Glitch is in Ilmenski Deeps or Caverns, you glow slightly. Sounds fun?

Ingredients:
    Firefly Jar
    6 Carrots
    3 Ginger
    2 Hooch
    Posted 12 years ago by Panda Party Subscriber! | Permalink
  • this isn't a recipe idea, but goes along with high level recipes...how about a butter churn and a cheese press, for making large batches of butter and cheese
    Posted 12 years ago by liln Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh, cooking, how I love thee...let me count the ways - dino burgers, dino steaks, dino rump roast, dino neck bones and beans, dino...
    Posted 12 years ago by sgjo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I love cooking and can't wait to see the changes. I hope cooking becomes more useful though.
    Posted 12 years ago by Reirei Umezaki Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 to spaghetti yeti, all Giant related food and bacon!
    Posted 12 years ago by Potian Dragoon Subscriber! | Permalink
  •  
    Posted 12 years ago by Misty Power Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Curries!  Great use for the spice mixes.  You could have Palak Paneer with spinach, cheese, and a spice mix or two, or Japanese-style curry with a spice mix, potatoes, carrots, onions, and meat.
    Posted 12 years ago by LinnesetFox Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Banana Cabbage Lasagna (pugilist grill) – Firebog Spice Mix, Banana, Green Mix, Cheezy Sauce
    (in RL I added cashew nuts)
    Posted 12 years ago by Gohawk Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Shogo, I disagree on these points:

1) Streamlining -- there is a wild inconvenience between various recipies on # of ingredients. This indirect cost does not reflect in the % increase (profit) for crafting. By thinning down the # of different ingredients (streamline), we'll see more rational cost / profit across all recipies.

2a) Buying for convenience is already part of the game. Thus the 400% markup on allspice and beans.

2b) Buyng intermediate recipes is also part of the game -- Tangy Sauce, used to make Purple Essence, is a pain to make. I frequently buy it myself, and the economic tracking sites show a steady market for it.
    Posted 12 years ago by Sturminator i` Subscriber! | Permalink
  • 1) You can call it what you like, but adding steps and requiring extra ingredients is not steamlining because words mean things.

2) I understand that it exists. I'm saying it's a bad idea. We're not asking low-level players to participate in the ingredients market, we're asking them to participate in the annoyance market. 

They're telling us that they are going to add an activity to the game that is so annoyingly grindy that we would rather pay someone else to do it than do it ourselves. Your're saying it's OK as long as someone else is annoyed. I'm saying I'd rather nobody be annoyed. Your mileage may vary, but I play the game as entertainment, which means that I'd rather it be entertaining.
  • So this topic's been unstickied.  Does this mean we can expect the new cooking system soon?
  • Fruit concentrates/extracts: Use the saucepan to convert a quantity of fruit to a concentrate, which can then be used to flavor recipes, like cakes, batters, or...

Taffy!  In the Awesome Pot, combine flour, several birch syrups, and the fruit (or fruit concentrate) of your choice.
    Posted 12 years ago by Undercover Nun Subscriber! | Permalink
  • We need more recipes for salmon!

Strangely Succulent Salmon Sushi (Famous Pugilist Grill)
    -2 Pocket Salmon
    -1 Proper Rice
    -2 Lemons
    -2 Seaweed (yes, we need seaweed in Jal.)
    Posted 12 years ago by Akane Tuna Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Are you guys going to add more drinks to the game as well? Or is this new system just for food? I would love it if you did it with drinks as well.
    Posted 12 years ago by Sveta Nightgale Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Akane Tuna -- You're right! And we do already have seaweed in Jal, we just need it to be harvestable.