Topic

Hard to streak if Glitch won't let you remove your clothes

13 minutes after disrobing in wardrobe, still clothed in world.  Reloaded, changed streets...nothing

Hrrrrumph

Posted 12 years ago by Goddess Freya Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Indeed. Same problem here.
    Posted 12 years ago by Shogo_Yahagi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Agreed, am still not nekkid.
    Posted 12 years ago by Phineus Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I understand that the wardrobe system is bogged down right now and it's being delayed.  But maybe this would be a good time to consider one of two things:

1) not doing feats like this that will bog things down to this point

2) announcing the details earlier so people can make their character changes well in advance and there won't be quite as much bogging down.

My glitch time lately is EXTREMELY limited... I was SO happy to see that there was a feat starting just as I could find a few minutes to play... only to be completely screwed out of the feat for the first 20+ minutes
    Posted 12 years ago by spacekadt Subscriber! | Permalink
  • me either.  
    Posted 12 years ago by Cat A. Tonic Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Same problem.
    Posted 12 years ago by Bexar Subscriber! | Permalink
  • i belive this is preferential treatment and it's not toward us.  so perhaps we should start our own group.  
    Posted 12 years ago by Cat A. Tonic Subscriber! | Permalink
  • While it's nice for the task of a feat to be a surprise, I suspect it would be quite helpful if players had been told 12 or 24 hours beforehand that if they want to participate in the feat, they should get nekkid, or that they'll need to be nekkid during the event. I'd think that doing so would incite fairly significant numbers of glitchen to prepare early (especially if it's as simple as taking off one's clothes). This would stagger the change, not bog the system down, and fewer players would be forced to wait before they could participate - and importantly, the task of the feat would still be a surprise. Maybe next time?
    Posted 12 years ago by Xiri Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yeah, warning for something like this would be great. Missed that Quick Feat thing. Still clothed.
    Posted 12 years ago by ZenMonkey Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Rather than tell everyone about the conditions of the feat (which kinda spoils the surprise), why not go through some level of infrastructure testing and balancing adjustments prior to the announcement of the feat? Standard operating procedures should have included a performance and scalability test at appropriate levels.

In other words, verify the server backend will tolerate the additional load before announcing the feat.
    Posted 12 years ago by CleverCharacterName Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I don't seem to be able to get undressed...I am also worried about losing what I have on now.
    Posted 12 years ago by Stylegeist Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Reading the hint on the feat was enough for me to guess that you need to get naked somehow. Several people got naked before it was time for the feat because of that hint (not me, so it took me a few minutes to get there- didn't think about the possible backlog). 

It's not preferential treatment, Cat A. Tonic (like the name, btw).
    Posted 12 years ago by Little Miss Giggles Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I read the hint, too and got nekkid before the feat started-I thought that hint was pretty obvious...and all around me glitchen were already nekkid, too, before the feat started (Nekkid nubbin-scraping in Nottis looked...*cold*)
    Posted 12 years ago by Alyx Sands Subscriber! | Permalink
  • maybe try your looks??/ if you have a naked version. that seemed to work pretty quick for me.
    Posted 12 years ago by menthia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I undressed, and when I got in game i was still clothed. However, I am getting the buff, and my streaks are adding up.
    Posted 12 years ago by TinkerToy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ...we're still in beta-ish. I believe the Feats are actually designed to stress the system. So, like CleverCharacterName mentioned, Feats ARE the way they do performance and scaleability testing.

Think about it, how else would they test "what if everyone changed their clothes at once?" Just turn it into a Feat and see what happens!
    Posted 12 years ago by Jenllip Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Although I'm not in this position, anyone who had free sub items they were wearing and has stopped subscribing will loose those clothes if they take part in this feat. Something for TS to look in to. I'm sure someone will be deeply unhappy about it.
    Posted 12 years ago by jiva Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Jiva, if your subscription ends you get to keep subscriber- only clothing onlyif you paid for it. Free subscriber items disappear, even nakifying your glitch if that's what you were wearing.

Maybe you are thinking of vanity items instead. You get to keep your subscriber-only nose etc. but you can't get a different subscriber-only nose if your subscription ends.
    Posted 12 years ago by Vocable Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This is just the sort of thing that makes it worth having one of your looks set to no clothes.
    Posted 12 years ago by Anaglyph Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Jenlip is right, CCN. Even with non-live testing, MMOs routinely get overloads or crazy bugs both in betas and in full live play. Case in point: almost every expansion launch of WoW has completely overloaded Blizzards servers. GW2 tried to plan for that kind of overload, and they still had problems. Internal testing can only go so far, especially since your players can surprise you!

You were "jipped" 20 minutes of game time in an MMO timed event. I'd call that perfectly acceptable, especially when compared to HoMM6's multi-day launch down time of a single-player game requiring online connectivity (I might still be bitter about that).
    Posted 12 years ago by Faranae Subscriber! | Permalink