Topic

Keita Takahashi

Props to TS for recruiting this genius. Been a big fan of Katamari Damacy and Noby Noby Boy, and I felt there was something reminiscent of those games in Glitch's art style. I must have missed the news, but wasn't too surprised to read in the latest blog that Keita works on the game - the bubble words that appear when doing actions and the sleeping dinosaurs fit his style to a tee.

Posted 12 years ago by Draron Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Keita has designed a lot of things for the game starting with the melty furniture, color unblocking, and finally shim shiri.
    Posted 12 years ago by Mal'akh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The hi signs, spelling streets, and train car coats were also his ideas. :) 
    Posted 12 years ago by Little Poundcake Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Well Hi5 to Keita! Choo Choo! <3
    Posted 12 years ago by Queen Zipporah Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes, loving his work in Glitch, and have been a long time Katamari addict myself! Hi5!
    Posted 12 years ago by Lynnt Subscriber! | Permalink
  • O-ho! I didn't know he designed the traincoats. Very nice KT!
    Posted 12 years ago by Mal'akh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • How about a Katamari-style quest? I would love to roll up Ur!
    Posted 12 years ago by Dagny Taggart Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I actually only heard about this game due to an article on B3ta and Boing Boing on the same night that said the creator of Katamari is working on a a new game. I joined that night and haven't looked back since. Thanks kt (and Stoot, and everyone else in TS).
    Posted 12 years ago by Cleops Subscriber! | Permalink
  • KT has broken the mold, so to speak, with the new transport system. And in doing so, gives the rest of TS permission to be even more creative.
    Posted 12 years ago by Sturminator i` Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Same here Cleops. my roommate showed me a short side in a Game Informer about how Keita was working on this new project. I immediately signed up for the beta and was sent my invite a few days later. I've been playing ever since! :D I really I don't think I've spent more time in a game (other than maybe animal crossing or dragon quest IX) than I have in Glitch.Thanks everyone responsible for this game!
    Posted 12 years ago by Muncey Mango Subscriber! | Permalink
  • naaaaaa nana na na na na na, nana na nana naaaaaaaa...

now loading... dinosaur butts... traincoats... bats... color blocks... progress indicators...
    Posted 12 years ago by Little Poundcake Subscriber! | Permalink
  • His involvement has become my best hope for getting one particular friend of mine to play - she was the Prince for Halloween.

(She has an account, but also a Minecraft addiction and a life and job, so...)
    Posted 12 years ago by Spaghetti Thompson Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I love Katamari and was really excited to see that Keita was involved with Glitch.

Dammit, Little Poundcake, I'm going to be humming that all day now... *shakes fist ineffectually* =D
    Posted 12 years ago by Shogo_Yahagi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Very happy to see growing evidence of Keita's work here. I enjoy the whimsy and the style. Also, because it seems fitting, we really should take a moment to consider NA.
    Posted 12 years ago by Voluptua Sneezelips Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I love his work! It makes me happy!
    Posted 12 years ago by Guided by Foxes Subscriber! | Permalink