Topic

Craftybot..

... is totally awesome :)

Posted 11 years ago by Emberlyn Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• The Craftybot confuses me. Is it best used in my inventory or freestanding in my house? When it wants to fetch things, does it need me to make them available somehow? How do they work, these crafty bots?
    Posted 11 years ago by Vortexae Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The Craftybot needs to be freestanding to be used. It is to be mainly controlled from a webpage on a mobile device so things can be crafted without loading up the game. It is pointless using this bot because it uses up so much fuel.

postimage.org/image/jacjc8psn/
    Posted 11 years ago by Macs Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Interesting, thank you!
  • How do you make ingredients available to it? I have them in my bags, but I don't know how to give them to it.
    Posted 11 years ago by Mol Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Do the things made by craftybot count toward badges?
    Posted 11 years ago by Chazerei Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Mol the ingredients and tools must be acesssible to him in the house, huge fun!
    Posted 11 years ago by zoom.b Subscriber! | Permalink
  • the craft bot it's a game on is own, amazing.
    Posted 11 years ago by zoom.b Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Okay, another question. I'm trying to make stuff with a beaker, and the bot says that I need "X number of red elements." But I can't drop elements ... they get destroyed. And if I leave a chemical, it doesn't do anything. Is this a bug or...?
    Posted 11 years ago by Mol Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Moi, some people were able to put the Craftybot in their inventory, but I don't have one yet so not sure.
    Posted 11 years ago by TomC Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Drop your elemental bags, that have them in it, on your floor
    Posted 11 years ago by Just myself Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Mine can't see the oats in my house.  I put some in a pile on the floor and some in a SDB.  He can't seem to find either.  Anyone else have this problem?
    Posted 11 years ago by ArtOfHands RoboGirl Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I was able to pick up Craftybot and use him while he was in my inventory. That was useful because all the ingredients and tools he needed were in my inventory. But it's more fun and useful to have him freestanding if you have tools and SDBs around.
    Posted 11 years ago by girlhacker Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I still don't have box/bot :( 
    Posted 11 years ago by snarkle Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I found that I had to pick him up so that he could fetch all of the resources and tools he needed. I kept him in my inventory while he worked.
    Posted 11 years ago by Myrrah Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Why don't I have a craftybot?
    Posted 11 years ago by Megan64 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • craftybot can't find my bloody bubble tuner! 

*kicks*
    Posted 11 years ago by shhexy corin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • eh....i didn't get one.  but i think this might have been what i needed because i no longer run to the back yard to expect it.  kind of a healthy flaw, if that makes sense.
    Posted 11 years ago by Rennie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It can be used in my inventory,
    Posted 11 years ago by Sad Pollen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My bot excreted some spare bubbles.
    Posted 11 years ago by jiva Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Elements can be provided by leaving an elemental pouch in your home - the bot can find them in that.
    Posted 11 years ago by Yamamanama Subscriber! | Permalink
  • if only it could also gather resources on its own xD it could be used for mass production while being offline
    but the bright side is it implements the crafting of all the basic resources on it's own, that's great
    Posted 11 years ago by Zean Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I've had about 54 dullite chunks on the house floor for a few days, but the craftybot still says it needs to fetch 120 of 120 needed. I'd have thought that number would have decreased...?

Also, ever since taking delivery of the craftbot, I've had game crashes like I've never seen before. The game will simply freeze up - totally unresponsive to clicking anywhere. The only thing I can do when that happens is Task Manager - End Process on the flash plugin.
  • I love the craftybot... I'm so glad you (addressing TS here) gave us a chance to play with it.

It's adding to my list of reasons to be sad, though. I can see so much potential in it. Once we all got used to the craftybot and had all our things laid out in the house for him/her, the time we would have spent crafting would be freed up. Sure, we'd still have to collect resources, but that involves running through streets, not standing around crafting thing after thing. And, I would have loved to see how this might have been expanded...

With this release, I got my now-second-nature Glitch update excitement. So happy to try it for the first time, so happy to work into my play style, and eagerly looking forward to what comes next. All of that is bittersweet now. I'm trying it only to have it taken away, changing my play style hardly seems worth it, though I might, and what comes next? The Giants snap out of their beautiful daydream. And Ur vanishes.

Dammit, I'm going to miss Glitch so much.
    Posted 11 years ago by Fernstream Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Well, that's useless for me because I don't have a mobile device .
    Posted 11 years ago by Rockadilly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Rockadilly
    No, you can use it by putting it in a backpack slot and taking it around with you while you travel through Ur, or (based on the posts above) leaving the resources and tools in your house for the bot to use while you're out.

@Vortexae
    Usually, a kick or two will make it see that you have the resources already. :p I don't know if that applies to having the bot in the house, though; I carry mine with me. I also don't know if it affects Flash in any way.
    Posted 11 years ago by kalsangikid Subscriber! | Permalink