Topic

Remembering Glitch - Preserving memories and snaps of Glitch

tl;dr: Complete the sentence "I'll always remember Glitch for..." in 140 characters or less (longer contributions welcome too! See below), and see what others have posted

I've bashed together a site that tries to capture our memories of Glitch. You can find it here: http://resources.grelca.com/memorial/. There's no limit to how many you can post.

I've mentioned in an IM to someone once that this game doesn't have a collective memory. Sure, we record our thoughts in status messages, forum posts, snaps, blogs outside of the game and so on, but they're scattered around the internet and not easily accessible. I never offered a solution at that time, since, well, history is history, and I expected us to "play a really long time". Anyway, before I start tearing up again, this is my hacked-together-in-12-hours solution to that problem. No, it's not perfect, but in the circumstances it'll have to do.

Important: Before you log in to post, please dress up in your best costume. A copy of your avatar will be saved to the server to ensure that we still have your face after Glitch goes under, and this will only be done once.

If you've got a story, poem, or anything longer than 140 characters to share, hit the "I need 140 character!" button. This will also allow you to format your post using Markdown. If you're going to use this, please read the syntax first. In particular, paragraphs need to be separated by two carriage returns, and if you need line breaks (for poems, for instance), add two spaces to the end of the line. Many Markdown editors with preview are available online. If you're writing something with a lot of formatting it'll be a good idea to compose in one of those first.

I've already shared this with some of my friends, and the contributions so far have been awesome. There are some that are heartwarming, funny, silly inside jokes and more. I'm looking forward to see what you share!

Posted 11 years ago by Boom and Bust Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

1 2 Next
1 2 Next