Topic

Remembering Glitch - Preserving memories and snaps of Glitch

tl;dr: Complete the sentence "I'll always remember Glitch for..." in 140 characters or less (longer contributions welcome too! See below), and see what others have posted

I've bashed together a site that tries to capture our memories of Glitch. You can find it here: http://resources.grelca.com/memorial/. There's no limit to how many you can post.

I've mentioned in an IM to someone once that this game doesn't have a collective memory. Sure, we record our thoughts in status messages, forum posts, snaps, blogs outside of the game and so on, but they're scattered around the internet and not easily accessible. I never offered a solution at that time, since, well, history is history, and I expected us to "play a really long time". Anyway, before I start tearing up again, this is my hacked-together-in-12-hours solution to that problem. No, it's not perfect, but in the circumstances it'll have to do.

Important: Before you log in to post, please dress up in your best costume. A copy of your avatar will be saved to the server to ensure that we still have your face after Glitch goes under, and this will only be done once.

If you've got a story, poem, or anything longer than 140 characters to share, hit the "I need 140 character!" button. This will also allow you to format your post using Markdown. If you're going to use this, please read the syntax first. In particular, paragraphs need to be separated by two carriage returns, and if you need line breaks (for poems, for instance), add two spaces to the end of the line. Many Markdown editors with preview are available online. If you're writing something with a lot of formatting it'll be a good idea to compose in one of those first.

I've already shared this with some of my friends, and the contributions so far have been awesome. There are some that are heartwarming, funny, silly inside jokes and more. I'm looking forward to see what you share!

Posted 11 years ago by Boom and Bust Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

Previous 1 2
  • Well Boom and Bust... This is just another awesome thing that you have done for us Glitches... Thank you so much for everything you contributed.
    Posted 11 years ago by Potian Dragoon Subscriber! | Permalink
  • thanks for immortalizing us, boomy :) i feel infinite.
    Posted 11 years ago by Beans, Obviously Subscriber! | Permalink
  • oh my.

that's lovely. 

thanks.
    Posted 11 years ago by shhexy corin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 for everything you have done Boom and Bust!
    Posted 11 years ago by Misty Power Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Another beautiful page! (Speaking of which, I still miss that Tree stats page).

Looks like Juju Grandma didn't manage to remain unknown forever by the ever-watchful LC.
    Posted 11 years ago by TomC Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I remember that tree stats page! I think I still have the code somewhere on my computer. Shouldn't be too hard to gather up one last set of data for Ur before closing time and put the rendered static page up somewhere. Hmmm...
  • <3 Thank you so much for this Boom & Bust. :))
    Posted 11 years ago by Leïla Subscriber! | Permalink
  • That is an amazing memorial, thank you so much.
    I'm tearing again, lol.
    Posted 11 years ago by DollDoll Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh, and one more thing - all entries must be in before the game's server closes. This is because the site uses the API, and with the API gone the site will no longer be able to let you post new memories.

Also, my favourite so far is Bonten's entry: resources.grelca.com/memori..., just because I really really like the idea of Generosity "Wars" :D
  • Boom and Bust, you are a mensch. If I could hug you right now I would.
    Posted 11 years ago by Mal'akh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Nicely done, B&B!
    Posted 11 years ago by Janitch Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This is truly, truly lovely. (((B&B)))
    Posted 11 years ago by Georgia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Lovely :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Panda Party Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Excellent
    Posted 11 years ago by Dr Payne Subscriber! | Permalink
  • B&B, this is AMAZING. I added my memory, and it was adorable reading everyone else's. Thank you so much for making this!

I have one teensy nit to pick, though. It should be 'Add yours', not 'Add your's'. I'm sorry, this isn't meant to be mean, I just think stuff like that is important.
    Posted 11 years ago by Cefeida Subscriber! | Permalink
  • B&B, that is so awesome that now I'm watching for the random marriage proposal. You so rock.
    Posted 11 years ago by Supershero Subscriber! | Permalink
  • "remember your's"

Is there a way to view all the submissions in order?
    Also I got this link through Facebook first, and so I'm wearing the butterfly mask. lol
    Posted 11 years ago by Avnas Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Sorry Boom, but I had to go nekkid.  It was only right.
    Posted 11 years ago by Thursday Soleil Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Amazing! Thanks for this!
    Posted 11 years ago by Danny Subscriber! | Permalink
  • We ♥ you too, Danny! You wouldn't believe how many posts mention the music in Glitch!
  • PS. If anyone needs to change their avatar or edit/delete their posts, please feel free to drop me a mail.
  • Avnas, you can change the number at the end of the link - I think the first one might be resources.grelca.com/memori...
    Posted 11 years ago by Oopsy Daisy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Haha, I'm glad you enjoyed my story! <333 It was one of the defining moments of my early Glitch experience.
    Posted 11 years ago by Bonten Subscriber! | Permalink
  • You changed the typo! Thank you! <3 <3 <3
    Posted 11 years ago by Cefeida Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This game seriously does have the best art and music of any game I've come across. I could fall asleep listening to Nottis every single night for the rest of my life. :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Sisterly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • 1 hour pun sessions in Global.
    Posted 11 years ago by Volkov Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I love this
    Posted 11 years ago by Feylin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This one is so true. 

Also can I just say that I am going to miss every single tree and rock and animal in Glitch? I love getting talk to them and hearing their stories. Whoever did/does the writing for all the talking things? Well done. You brought on a lot of laughs. (Also the conversations with the Magic Rock were always awesome too.)
    Posted 11 years ago by Sisterly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This is so lovely. <3
    Posted 11 years ago by Touya Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Let's share some of our favorites!

544: You celebrate the life of a Glitch. They were a good Glitch, a kind Glitch, and they left this world a better place than they found it.
    Posted 11 years ago by Miri Tazapin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • 211: making me feel childlike again, a return of innocence, wonder and imagination that i had forgotten

12: The infinite amount of things to do. Cook. Eat. Mine. Sell. Make. Build. Decorate. Glitch.
    Posted 11 years ago by Miri Tazapin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Boom, this is absolutely lovely.  Thanks for putting this together for us all.  

(If you are reading this and haven't contributed a memory yet, what are you waiting for?  Hop to it!)
    Posted 11 years ago by Tribeca Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I LOVE GLITCH!
    Posted 11 years ago by ewon Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'll always remember Glitch for Squish In Hell - Liathea 5:46 pm Weddingday, 24th of Widdershins Year 25
  • Boom and Bust  it's lovely.  LOBES
    Posted 11 years ago by caley dunn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This is delightful, and it's put together beautifully.  Great job, B&B.
    Posted 11 years ago by ennuienta Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'll always remember Glitch for All the things. - Addi Bee~♥ 6:29 pm Standday, 11st of Widdershins Year 25
  • I'll always remember Glitch for ballsacks, fuckweasels, peanut butter and lube. - Shaniqua 2:18 am Fabday, 20th of Widdershins Year 25
  • I'll always remember Glitch for HERE IS ERFS AND STUFFS. I like you. - Ninetails 1:17 am Fryday, 10th of Widdershins Year 25
  • I'll always remember Glitch for giving me a badge for dying in my own home - ricepapergirl 10:32 pm Fryday, 10th of Widdershins Year 25
  • I'll always remember Glitch for It's uniqueness in many ways - Rutger 7:52 pm Moonday, 14th of Widdershins Year 25
  • I'll always remember Glitch for the kindness encouraged by the game but perpetuated by the community. - Tryvalen 9:02 pm Hairday, 13rd of Widdershins Year 25
  • Thank you so much B&B, except I just started crying again...
    Posted 11 years ago by Arietty Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'll always remember Glitch for Damn, you's a petsy glitch! - unicyclr 3:45 pm Standday, 19th of Widdershins Year 25
  • The winters are coming and you are craving a nice cup of Mabbish coffee or another hot drink. You set out to find the perfect hot beverage. You leave your nice warm house from somewhere in UR and walk for awhile. The temperature suddenly drops 20 degrees. It is colder than you thought- maybe you should have brought a coat? It is very cold now. The wind and snow are blowing into your face, you are freezing- you need a nice cup 'o joe now you decide! Then you see it- a halo of light coming from the stormy grey clouds breaks through the dismal sheets of snow and alights on a cozy looking house. You can make out the inscription on the door- "1505 Lorme Rush in Bortola." You cautiously approach the snug house and crack the door open. You see a fire, a couple of squashy armchairs, but most of all... FOOD! Mountains of food and drinks left by previous Glitchen are everywhere, along with some trees for harvesting and some animals to harvest as well. Then you see it- your perfect cup of Mabbish Coffee, just waiting for you by one of the armchairs. Your mouth is watering as you read the note that has been left out for you: "Take some food and relax; welcome to Nori's Coffee House! :3" Your paradise has come at last.
    - Zadow 10:20 am Hairday, 13rd of Widdershins Year 25
  • I'll always remember Glitch for Civility being the best group of players on any MMO I've ever played. - a lifted pixel 4:04 am Theday, 25th of Widdershins Year 25
  • I'll always remember Glitch for Quibba naming me The Lemony Overlady and getting Global to give me lemons. - Feylin 5:37 pm Moonday, 14th of Widdershins Year 25
  • I'll always remember Glitch for Purple flowers! And the Scion... - JennileeRose 9:25 pm Theday, 17th of Widdershins Year 25
  • I'll always remember Glitch for I did make you erfs and stuff and did put it in your bag. OK! - Ninetails 1:11 am Fryday, 10th of Widdershins Year 25
  • I'll always remember Glitch for Dongs. - Wein 8:48 pm Theday, 9th of Widdershins Year 25
Previous 1 2