Topic

Thanks for letting us have everything too fast and too easily

I hope anyone doesn’t take this the wrong way… During the short time I’ve been playing Glitch, I have really grown attached to it, and I really love it… But now that it’s closing… Well, for me, whatever game I’ve ever played, I’ve always gotten bored with it at some point. Sometimes almost immediately, sometimes it has taken a longer time. With Glitch, I believe that if I’d had the chance to keep on playing, it would have taken a very long time for me to get bored. But still, I know it would have happened eventually.

And now. With all the free credits, and shortened learning times, I suddenly start feeling that I have accomplished everything in the game, I can think of (at least for now). I just finished the new floor in my tower. And then I got to build my Sky Lounge, and learned furniture making I and II so fast that I could make the furniture there myself. Before, it was my husband, who also plays this, who had those skills and helped me with those kinds of things (and I helped him with other stuff). I was also able to upgrade all my furniture as I liked, without thinking of how many credits I could spend (I still have a little more than 1000 left).

Eventually, there’s only the party pack my husband has, that we’re still going to try out. And possibly I will expand my house just one more time. But then. As it is… I am actually getting a little bored. And with the game closing, it helps. I’ve been taking a lot of snaps and all. And I will miss this game. Especially the co-operation I've had on the game with my husband, because this is the first time we're actually interested in the same game. But with Tiny Speck making playing so easy on us now… It will be easier to stop playing, at least for me, when the time comes.

Posted 11 years ago by Titania Power Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I totally get what you're saying.  It's a kind of closure.

I'm sure that if the game were able to keep running, there'd have been added content on a fairly regular basis that would help keep you coming back.  On the other hand, that added content on a regular basis is part of the enormous overhead of running a game like this (but only part).

Yes, it is nice to be able to play the game out at quickly as possible.
    Posted 11 years ago by Carl Projectorinski Subscriber! | Permalink
  • That's a very good point. That them giving new things on a regular basis is something that keeps people coming back. And even though I say I have accomplished everthing I want for now... Well, if this game continued, I would probably keep thinking of new stuff to do and build. But now I don't even want to, because then I might not have time to do everything.
    Posted 11 years ago by Titania Power Subscriber! | Permalink