Topic

Discussion... Glitch 2.0?

As I start off, I just want to let you know- I am not ready to let Glitch go. I have been one of those individuals so in love with Glitch that any additional play time in Ur just further depresses me as it reminds me of what I'm losing. I was one of those who refused to accept that there was nothing to save Glitch; even now, I come on the forums daily hoping to see the Shut-Down thread gone and a "Just Kidding!" thread in its place.

And before you lambast me over this- I know. Glitch is shutting down. Flash is dying. It couldn't be sustained. I get all that.

But, the optimist inside of me still has to ask- is there the possibility of a Glitch 2.0 in the future? Obviously it would be years down the road. Of course it would be on a different platform. But could it/ will it exist? Or will TS possibly make something similar to Glitch? 

And I'm sorry if my refusal to let go is a bit irritating for those of you who have accepted Ur's fate. I suppose I'm still stuck in the depression and denial stages of grief. Glitch was just too beautiful, too wonderful and too quirky to give up on. It's like the old girlfriend that you look back on and wonder what could have been. I just hope that 10 years down the road, Glitch isn't a distant memory, but rather, a wonderful past-time once again.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

Posted 11 years ago by Fawnie Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• This is a great question. There are so many incarnations possible with the technologies that we have already, I'm positive and a little bit sad that we haven't hit the next wave of interactive possibilities. Glitch has the assets and the talents to do it, but unfortunately not the time or money. I'm sure that with a little indie help, you could play Glitch on your mobile device, your PC, and your car stereo.

All joking aside, I think if TS had put a little more stock into this area of development, things might have been different. I only say so, because I know with the kind of innovative minds they have, they could have come up with so many creative and interesting ideas that pushed the boundaries of what we currently know. Unfortunately, they got boxed in too far too fast.

I'd love to see Glitch come back in a new incarnation. I'd love to hope that we haven't seen the last of Ur. Only time will tell, but unfortunately we will only have the ghosts of our memories to hold us through if and when that comes.
    Posted 11 years ago by Xupa Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I won't speak for everyone or anyone but myself, but Tiny Speck starting another Glitch type game any time in the next 10 years "seems" hiiiiiiiiiiighly improbable.
    We had forty-something people that worked on the game though.
    Most of the people we got are born with the Glitch flavor in their blood. Their blood literally tastes like Glitch. Keeping your eye on what ex-Tiny Speckers do would be a good thing. Because wherever we go, whatever we all do next, we can't help being glitches at heart.
    A lot of people here have the need to stay in games. And who knows? Maybe somewhere down the line, a company out there may want to create THE mobile game. And one of our people could realistically be heading the design of it.
    Glitch is made of people. The people are still alive.
    Posted 11 years ago by Kukubee Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I love you Kukubee :')
    Posted 11 years ago by tis Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks Kukubee!
    Posted 11 years ago by Quilty Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Kukubee; this is just wonderful and nail on the head "Glitch is made of people. The people are still alive."

I think a lot of the players have glitch in the blood as well and I think, down the line, we are going to find each other again in another (ad)venture!

I plan on staying glitchy forever! :D
    Posted 11 years ago by Hen vla Ham Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks for your answer, Kuku! 

I figured it wouldn't be likely that there will be another Glitch, but if whatever you do next is Glitch-like, then I cannot wait to see it. Because Glitch is in my blood for sure. And I love it. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Fawnie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • GLITCH IS PEOPLE! 

ARGGHHH!

(with apologies to Soylent Green)

--Me
    Posted 11 years ago by SchWM Subscriber! | Permalink
  • *turns to mush*  Kukubee.......I lobe you, so very much. *grins softly at Glitchen*
    Posted 11 years ago by Innie✿, Obviously Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Kukubee. I... Thanks so much
    Posted 11 years ago by Fernstream Subscriber! | Permalink