Topic

A short story in memory of Glitch

Originally posted here. I always wanted to write something about my Glitch and the Half-Forgotten Glitch, and this was a useful coping mechanism...

-

They say the world is ending, and that the Giants will stop dreaming. I believe one of those things.

If they say that Ur is ending, then I suppose Ur is ending. Could the giants really just imagine one world forever?

But I cannot believe that they will ever, ever stop dreaming.

Where will the Glitchen go, when Ur comes to an end? Will the Giants still remember us? Is there life after Ur? I imagine there is. I imagine that whatever's not forgotten is never truly lost. And I never want to forget.

That's why I'm here - the first place I met you, the first place I heard you whispering, trying so hard to be heard. Have you heard this song? The song of the conch - they say it's this song that let the giants remember so much for so long. I'm going to play it for you, here, and everywhere I can remember seeing you. And everywhere I want to remember.

I'm not a Giant. I'm just a tiny, tiny Glitch. But maybe, just maybe... if I try, and I remember...

Maybe my imagination will be enough. And we can meet again in the world after Ur.

Posted 11 years ago by Keysong Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies