Topic

Looking Back - Memories!

The Tower opened May 13, 2011.  We had waited with much excitement for some time.  I checked it every day or two.  It had the "Opening Soon" sign for what seemed like forever.  This Flickr Set Includes several images from the opening.  There were a lot of Glitchen in there so the wait for keys was often lengthy.  Several Devs attended and we all had a good time.  I found two secrets before leaving.  I went back later and found the rest of them and met Gwendolyn.

Please share some of your early memories and photos here!

Posted 11 years ago by Brib Annie Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• The day img replaced xp. I lost a lot of connection to the game that day...
    Posted 11 years ago by daniel5457 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The Dong Party in Kalavana.  I just happened onto this one day and nealy fell out of my chair laughing.  This whole street was full of this "Works of Art" and Kukubee was nowhere to be seen.  I think it was Greekozi and Ruby who thought this up and they had help.  Each "sculpture" was well thought out and placed for the best effect.  Someone released a lot of piggies though and they ate some of the art.  One of the Best Laughs ever!
  • The Rook Quest, for those who have not been there.
    The Beginning
    The End

Look very closely at the bottom right of the End to see the broken egg.  This was a difficult Quest because you could not zoom out to see where you were going.  There were giant moving blocks that would crush you if you made a false move and the Rooks would attack.  I believe there is a Youtube video of this Quest.  It took me several tries the first time to finish it.  After the Reset I did it again and got it in the first attempt.  I was a much better jumper the second time around.
  • The housing switch! I was pretty sad because I lost my firebog home, but...but still! :D
    Posted 11 years ago by Sororia Rose Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The Pork Fountain at The Entrance.
  • Here is a video of the Rook's Woods Quest, for those who haven't seen it. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Eleanor Rigby Subscriber! | Permalink
  • these are cool!

@Brib Annie - I totally clicked the OK button on that pic lol
    Posted 11 years ago by Tumahura Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Firebog houses were pretty comfy.  I lived in Kalavana for a while and enjoyed my house there.  I like the "roundness".  I had hoped that in the future that might be a decorating option, rounding the corners and having ladders instead of doors.  I also liked Balconies and Basements and expected to see those become options one day.  I enjoyed a variety of houses - Groddle treehouse, Alakol medium home, Kalavana firebog and Bortola cottage.  I have wonderful memories of them all and photos to keep them fresh in my mind.

My first housing lesson was, never release animals in your house!  There was no fence around my yard so I thought my animals would stray.  That treehouse was pretty small and made smaller by having pigs and chickens inside.  In the old days you had to get a Dev to move the animals and kevbob and beefcake did that for me a couple of times (sorry guys).  Chickens were always getting stuck in the tree but I eventually learned how to kick them out of it.  That set me on my first self-made Quest - Free the chickens of Ur from the trees!  I still do it - Lol!