Topic

Three years ago today...

I couldn't quite bring myself to title the post as such, it feels weird to say it but... happy glitchiversary, I guess?  Or how about -- a bittersweet, somber yet fond and happy memory-filled glitchiversary!  Doesn't quite have the same ring to it, but I suppose it is what it is.

Three years ago today, Glitch opened for public alpha. 

I've marked the date before (two years, one year), although it took staff confirmation to pinpoint the exact date of Feb. 21st.  And I just couldn't let today go by without saying it.

Happy Glitchiversary.

Thanks to TS and to all the community for everything you've done over the past three years. 

It was amazing. 

Posted 11 years ago by katlazam Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Happy Glitchiversary.
    Thank you to Team Tiny Speck and my Glitchy friends for all the wild imaginings that brought us together in a fun filled world of gentle happiness. Indeed it was awesome
    Posted 11 years ago by Faereluth Subscriber! | Permalink
  • In Feb 2010, CNET said "Since Glitch has no specific goals or end-game, committed players could find themselves entertained for months or more." ... which certainly rings true, 2 and a half years on. It's been entertaining. For months, and indeed, more.

Bittersweet, somber yet fond and happy memory-filled glitchiversary to all. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Hburger Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Happy Glitchaversary. Thank you TS for giving me a chance to experience your wacky, beautiful world. :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Wynella Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you TS and Stoooooot! I love love loved my time in the game and still miss it. I hope you have all been able to move on to some other preposterous, likable project :-)
    Posted 11 years ago by Daisy Blooms Subscriber! | Permalink
  • We must stay strong! Our world may be gone, but in our spirits we fight the Rook as bravely as we ever have. They have not won. They have not won. Happy Glitchiversary to all.
    Posted 11 years ago by Arraine Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Happy Glitchiversary. Thank you TS and players for the world we shared.
    A very bittersweet day, but filled with fond memories of our time in Ur. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Fernstream Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Happy Glitchiversary. ;(
    Posted 11 years ago by Phosomania Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Happy Glitchiversary everyone!
    Posted 11 years ago by Keeda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Bittersweet indeed!  Yes we loved our time in UR and wished we still could be there.  Thank You Tiny Speck for creating this incredible world.  And thank you glitchen for picking it up and running with it.  It WAS fun!  Happy Glitchiversary!
    Posted 11 years ago by Marla Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm still so grateful that I got to play in this lovely world. Thank you to everyone at Tiny Speck who created it, and thank you to all the Glitchen who made it what it was.

Love,
    Flowerry Pott
    Posted 11 years ago by Flowerry Pott Subscriber! | Permalink