Topic

Rock, Shut Up Already With the Rainbow Run

Last night I was trying to get to Uncle Friendly's to buy some sammiches so that when I next log in I won't die of starvation right away. I've gotten to the point when my "play" options include conducting monumental efforts in animal petting/squeezing/milking or plant tending/petting/harvesting OR, the one quest my rock has for me, The Rainbow Run. The Rainbow Run looks entertaining, and I tried it a couple of times when the Rock first suggested it, but it was late and I was getting sleepy and I didn't want to try the Rainbow Run again, especially since the annoying Rock makes you go through the same five- or six-stage dialogue every single time you answer the Rock's suggestion.

Please, Rocky, either take a hint and stop suggesting it after a while (maybe offer that quest as an option when I click on the Rock), or at least make the interval of offering much longer.

Posted 14 years ago by Peter Verona Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I think you should be able to click on "not now" as an option and then it still appears in your quest list but you can choose to go back to it and start it whenever you want.
    Posted 14 years ago by FrankenPaula Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yeah, I reported this too in another thread.
    Posted 14 years ago by Skywise Subscriber! | Permalink
  • You will be able to pause/archive or Just Say No pretty soon.
    Posted 14 years ago by stoot barfield Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I died. It wasn't so bad! But yes, Rocky did go on and on and on and on :)
    Posted 14 years ago by onelittlebird Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I only ever had 1 second left by the time I'd loaded, which made this a little frustrating ;) But then I''m on a dismal PC.
    Posted 14 years ago by Hemulen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hemulen - was that now? Or last test? It has been changed recently and the timer should not start until it is fully loaded.
    Posted 14 years ago by stoot barfield Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This time I got about 20 invitations to drink the 12 beer(s). NOT NOW, OK??!!
    Posted 14 years ago by Chelseathing Subscriber! | Permalink
  • CHUG CHUG CHUG! :D
    Posted 14 years ago by Bunyip Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hemulen....yay for the Moominy name.
    Posted 14 years ago by Nanookie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • When on earth can i archive this Rainbow Run? it goes so slow, and i've said no five or six ties today already!
    Posted 14 years ago by georgina Subscriber! | Permalink
  • We're going to be fixing this shortly. In the meantime, the game re-notifies you whenever you gain any experience. So if you're in the middle of something, you can finish it up then do the quest then go back to whatever you were doing.

In the future this will be a lot less irritating/intrusive. We definitely know how annoying it can be, so thank you for being patient with us while we get it working properly.
    Posted 14 years ago by Beefcake Subscriber! | Permalink