Topic

Maybe, just maybe....

Well, although I've still got a level, and currants, and a house, and my avatar-look, I've got no skills and no badges all of a sudden, and when I first arrived at the site a couple minutes ago I saw this.
bit.ly/dbfvIl

Could these be.... signs?
/me tries not to get giddy....

Posted 14 years ago by Eleanor Rigby Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Hmm... I still have skills. 21 of them to be precise. I don't, however, have any friends any more :( Is this a result of changes to the game, or does nobody like me now? :P

The latest blog post states that: "The next test will be announced in the next few days and we're aiming to several larger ones as quickly as we can. We thank you for your patience :)"

I can't wait!
    Posted 14 years ago by TGDT Subscriber! | Permalink
  • oooooooooo Eleanor I like your attention to detail! :D

skill revamp! skill revamp!

i've actually still got skills but no badges or friends (aww), but yay, excitement!

even if there's no actual test today, it's good to see signs of progress. the forums have been a bit /grr lately, maybe we're all getting a bit Glitchy Twitchy? thanks also to the glitch team for the new blog post and video, even if it did make my brain explode a bit trying to catch all the details :)
    Posted 14 years ago by katlazam Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I still have friends, but that and a house is all I've got.

In some universes, that would be plenty.
  • Hey here's a thought: maybe our accounts are being wiped in different ways to see how we recover?
    Speculation is useless, but oh so much fun. : )
  • Yep, my skills and badges have vanished as well. I'm so glad I am off of work today... Here's to hoping! :D
    Posted 14 years ago by Bunyip Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I still have skills, badges, friends and my house. I will sell you my friends for currants.
    Posted 14 years ago by Helcat Subscriber! | Permalink
  • All I've lost so far are my skills.
    Posted 14 years ago by Tingly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I really don't want to lose my skills - I spent ages getting them! Why would stoot persuade us to start learning skills that take the longest time at the end of the last test, if we have to start afresh :( My hope is that they reappear :P (Although I haven't actually lost them yet)

I liked the Avatar video. I kept seeing flashes that looked like various people, and wondering if it was just me seeing things, or a deliberate insertion to see if anyone noticed.
  • We get reset when they want us testing things from the beginning of the game. Don't get "married" to anything (skills, achievements, items, houses,...) and you'll save yourself a lot of headache.
  • on
  • Yeah, in this case, we actually had an accident and deleted things we did not mean to delete. We are debating whether to restore from a backup or just forge ahead and give bonuses to those who ask nicely :)
    Posted 14 years ago by stoot barfield Subscriber! | Permalink
  • We're just a bunch of excitable shiny happy players, I'm gonna bet we'll smile and say "Please?" while batting our baby browns coyly.
  • Oh, pretty please? (not sure what I'm asking for but I guess it's worth a try!)
    Posted 14 years ago by bluto Subscriber! | Permalink
  • *twitch*
  • Looks like they went with the restore option.
  • ha, i was gonna say 'restore shmestore' but that was just my Glitch Twitch talking... i am super excited to get my friends back... after all, i never woulda sold 'em out for some quick n' dirty testing and maybe a bonus shiny... nooooo, of course not!
  • Yep, we are restoring. Stupid data integrity issues! Back soon!
  • *watches the needle start to move from "test today please" towards "wait til tomorrow please"*
  • Optimism! Optimism!
  • XP is back to 0, level still at 6. amazing! ;)

I'd rather test for 6 hours tomorrow instead of 3 hours today, so i optimize in that direction. :)
  • *super-glues Tingly's needle to "test today please"*

there you go, all fixed! :)

(don't worry, it will still work tomorrow)
  • Mmm I like the way you think. Agreed. :D
  • Testing-Time-Which-katlazam's-Glue-Has-Cost-You Clock
    (edit) [0]:[0][0]
  • Any testing today will not subtract from testing the rest of this week :)
  • I now have 0/0 XP, but am at Level 11... I also appear to have no profile. I'll wait and see how things pan out! :P
    EDIT: Everything is back to normal. Thanks!
  • I'd rather lose everything and get to play, hint hint
    Posted 14 years ago by Helcat Subscriber! | Permalink
  • *coughs hopefully*
  • Testing tonight? Thursday, or Friday?
  • Mine seems to be intact.....looking forward to playing...Don't forget to share with the rest of us the nature of the mysterious bonus gift! Inquiring minds wanna know.....
    Posted 14 years ago by Tilly TrinkleHouse Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Apparently, you can (or will eventually be able to) make wine from Hell One grapes.
  • Works for me ........I spent quite a bit of time there last run...Got that squishing down pat!
    Posted 14 years ago by Tilly TrinkleHouse Subscriber! | Permalink