Topic

A way to know what streets you have and haven't been to?

I started playing Glitch in yesterday's testing and as much as I loved playing the game, I felt like I was left to my own devices when it came to navigation - should I have gone left? Or right? Did I miss something? Why am I here? What's there to do here that there isn't on any other street? (That one especially). All the streets sort of molded into one and I got lost very quickly!

I frequently checked the map, but that didn't help because the names of the streets are so complicated, I didn't know which one's I had been to or not. I'm one that likes to take a route round the whole map without going to the same place twice unless necessary or there was something special there.

I'm suggesting a way to tell if you've been to a street or not, e.g. The street sign lights up or shines a different colour if it goes to a street that's already been visited by me. Or on the map, the street would shine a pale yellow, meaning you've already been there. Thanks :)

Posted 14 years ago by Hburger Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• i think a shortcut key to the map (or other key functions) would also be beneficial as currently switching back and forth between mouse and keyboard is a bit of a hassle and adds to the confusion of exactly where you are (please ignore if this already exists - i didnt see any specific notice on shortcut keys and the world is closed so im unable to check)
    Posted 14 years ago by rasterboy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The shortcut key to toggle the map is 'm'. There are a few others like 'l' for your quest log.
    Posted 14 years ago by Mina Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ah nifty, just saw a post to /help and realized there's a bunch :)
    thanks mina!
    Posted 14 years ago by rasterboy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • There is also the link to Help in the upper right corner of this page.
    Posted 14 years ago by Tingly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • So uhh, any thoughts on my idea? :)
    Posted 14 years ago by Hburger Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Great idea, and one we've already been pondering. One day there will (most likely) be an easier way to tell which streets you've already explored. We're also thinking it would be nice to be able to see your friends are the map.
    Posted 14 years ago by jdawg Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Along the same lines, it'd be nice to see where Thing-I'm-Looking-For is... like 'which streets have bubble trees?' or 'where are the pigs today?' though for something like the pigs, which seem to show up on a random different street all the time, it's nice to ask the community to help you find them... Just a thought.
    Posted 14 years ago by Jenllip Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Lightbulb! A hand-held pig radar, with a mini-game searching for the snorting squealers. :D
    Posted 14 years ago by Bunyip Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Maybe streets could show up as gray or faded on the map until we visit them? ^^
    Posted 14 years ago by Catriona Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I think for the map to show where different kinds of trees or pigs are would be too much information, part of the fun is to find it yourself. But perhaps there could be a way for you to attach notes to a street on the map where you'd mark where you found bubble trees, etc..
    Posted 14 years ago by FrankenPaula Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This is a great idea. Also, agreed with FrankenPaula. You should have to figure *something* out. The street names were useful clues, sometimes.
    Posted 14 years ago by Mac Rapalicious Subscriber! | Permalink