Topic

Backpack

It would be great to have a small tutorial for the back pack......I got mine from a very generous Glitchen who had the patience of a saint to help me work out the mess I had made.The world became a literal dumping ground whilst I waded trough theories. Much later the duhhhhh switch flipped on.......Sorry about the garbage piles...At least thoughtful citizens recycled it....

Posted 14 years ago by Tilly TrinkleHouse Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• What things would be helpful in a tutorial? What things did you find confusing? Thanks!
    Posted 14 years ago by Mr. Burka Subscriber! | Permalink
  • When we start out we have slots in the back pack.As you trod through the first quests and you are collecting from trees,piggies and such those slots fill up.Soon you discover you can buy the "bags". As you go on to purchase more bags,there is no info that tells you the slots are full and your option is to empty a slot,then buy a bag to stick said items back into it.Freeing up space to get more goodies.Also the fact that you can click-hold-and move goods from one slot to another . My case...I dumped them on the ground,and had to leave them because I did not understand the capabilities to move said objects...So,I dumped and went to buy bags...My mistake was dumping goods from the bags and then trying to buy more....It was the slots that needed to be emptied in the back back.....Jd explained to me...But I had to do trial and error to get the hang of it.....Success was sweet!
    Posted 14 years ago by Tilly TrinkleHouse Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hmmm. A checklist tutorial might be handy. Players could follow the main introduction and upon completion have the option to do smaller, separate tutorials about in-game functions. Clearly how to use the backpack would be one, as well as the basics of tools like the blender and mining pick (informing them that skills are necessary before they make their big purchases - or even blocking those items before the skill has been learned), and interacting with animals... someone else can conjure up better examples than me at the moment. :)

The tutorials could obviously be offered right away, but I think they should also be available via the help page. Some people need to see things more than once to really understand, and some of us might enjoy the refreshers.
    Posted 14 years ago by Bunyip Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I was glad to help out yesterday, and it's great to know you got things sorted. I can see that a few tutorials on game features and item usage would be helpful, and I'll be sure to pass your ideas on to the dev team.
    Posted 14 years ago by jdawg Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks much :)
    Posted 14 years ago by Bunyip Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I would like to sort my bags by naming them. Ex: for spices, food, utillities, tool, etc. Please enable a name change to the generic bags.
    Posted 14 years ago by teet Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ^ +1
    Posted 14 years ago by Hburger Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 on naming your bags!
    Posted 14 years ago by FrankenPaula Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Maybe I overlooked this, but a indicator of how many total slots are free would also be useful. My addin' skills aint what they used to be. ;)
    Posted 14 years ago by Delphin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • the backpack continually shrinks to a point that i cannot see it, or worse yet becomes a very thin line in the left hand corner of the screen. is there a hot key that will bring the backpack into view, say control + i, so that i don't have to strain the servers by backing out and back in, which does not always bring the backpack icons back.
    Posted 13 years ago by morgoth mindbender Subscriber! | Permalink