Topic

what is your favourite place [hub] in glitch so far?

i think mine might be laluapu caverns [sp?].

tho i like the other drop a lot too. verticality is awesome, for the lack of a better adjective.

Posted 14 years ago by striatic Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I like the levels just outside the Entrance, ilmenskie, oktabaya etc. The only downside is they have little with which to interact that makes them distinct. The crab was one but that's now available elsewhere.

I also like Flipside.

The main streets in Groddle Forest are a little boring but I guess that may be because I'm growing very familiar with those.
    Posted 14 years ago by bluto Subscriber! | Permalink
  • they should be more interesting with greater house variety.
  • I very much prefer Ilmenskie and Oktyabrya, etc for some reason too Bluto. Soothing colors perhaps?
    I want a house there. :)
    Posted 14 years ago by Spatula Subscriber! | Permalink
  • When it comes to having a house somewhere I prefer Pants Place. It's off the main road and I can actually remember that name when someone asks me where I live.
    Aside from that I like the graphics of that Wintry Place. But maybe that's just because it looks different from the other hubs.
    I am assuming that we will see a lot more graphic styles as the world expands.
    A greater house variety will definitely help to remember hubs. Also specific items to interact with (I am counting pigs and trees as items here).
    And yes, I was expecting and hoping for a pants tree in Pants Place....
    Also, I don't like hanging out in the caves for too long. It feels like work down there and literally feel the urge to take a deep breath when I make it back to the top. Fresh air and sunshine!
    Posted 14 years ago by Mina Subscriber! | Permalink
  • interesting. leaving the uralia caves feels less like a major transition to me, since the colour scheme [blue] remains similar.

i do get the "breath of fresh air" feeling when going up the groddle ladder tho.
  • double++ to more house designs. I love the ones with the mushrooms in front of them, and a few of the other ones. But variety is the spice of life!
    Posted 14 years ago by Bingobar Subscriber! | Permalink
  • A lot of groddle forest feels like suburbs with all the rows of houses. It would be nice to have more locations with no houses (but with other things to interact with) and with totally different housing such as towers or apartment blocks. So one area could be like suburbs, but you'd also have an area that's just forest or other scenery and another area that's a densly populated city.
    Posted 14 years ago by FrankenPaula Subscriber! | Permalink
  • even if it isn't a "place", i enjoyed rainbow run but maybe that's because i'm a fan of colors. i also like Ix.
    Posted 14 years ago by sleepinggiant Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Rainbow run was so short and such a long time ago that I hardly remember it. Is there a way to get back there???
    Posted 14 years ago by Hburger Subscriber! | Permalink
  • More levels like Rainbow Run! It was exciting and rewarding to do something active and more fast pace. Tending a patch and petting trees is nice, but it does get boring at times.

Alo, I noticed the coin grab was really a copy from Mario. It was fun, but I'd love to see something new and original as a challenge.
    Posted 14 years ago by Coffee Pot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Next reset (which I'm guessing will be with the release of Piglet?), you'll be able to do rainbow run again.
    Posted 14 years ago by Tingly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I still have a place in my heart for Hell....I love squishing grapes...reminds me of my teen years in Niagara Falls area picking Concord grapes as a summer job....ate most of them....but hey..Maybe Glitch's version will let me brew a few casks....I want a house down here for winter months....
    Posted 14 years ago by Tilly TrinkleHouse Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Chad Gallows. It's so close to everything (vendors, that is), low traffic, and has pigs + minerals + trees. Beautiful little place. Got myself a house there yesterday!
    Posted 14 years ago by Soopa-Fresh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I like Groddle Forest Junction. So many levels! So many people in and out going places! It's like a train station, but... natural! And you can jump off things! Awesomeness glitchsonified!
    Posted 14 years ago by Atalanta Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I love hanging around Groddle. I just love places with tons of people. And i like mooning new people.
    Posted 14 years ago by Jeff Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The cave 'Drop' level is fun and a nice change from Groddle :) Though once you're in there, it feels claustrophobic and if you want to get out, you have to mindlessly follow passages that don't really make sense on the map. But it's worth it for the fun, excitement and coin rewards once you're falling down 'The Drop' (or 'The Other Drop').
    Posted 14 years ago by Hburger Subscriber! | Permalink