Topic

How do you buy a house?

How do you buy a house?

Posted 14 years ago by Houdini Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• You earn enough Currants to afford one, then click on one that has a "For Sale" sign out front and go to the Real Estate listing if you can afford it, and indicate that you want to buy it.
    Posted 14 years ago by Eleanor Rigby Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks!
  • You can always sell it for 80% of the original price.
    Posted 14 years ago by Hburger Subscriber! | Permalink
  • That's how to sell a house, though, not how to buy one. :P
    Posted 14 years ago by Catriona Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I know, just making the point ;)

(Oh and the cheaper the house, the nastier the interior. The 1,000 and 2,000 currant shacks have dreadful interiors :P)
    Posted 14 years ago by Hburger Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Awws, I just bought a 1,000 house because it was icy on the outside, and was hoping the inside might be wintry too. :(
  • Thanks for the help!
  • How does the 10,000 house look like on the inside? Just curious.
    Posted 14 years ago by Jeff Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It has a table and 2 stools made from plastic looking giant fruit/veggies and a rug with a corncob design. 4 or 5 dirt patches are out back and the cabinet is 4x4. It's very farm-y.
    Posted 14 years ago by Tingly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I like my cute frozen place house. ^^
  • I don't own a house so..

Is there a mechanic for sharing a home? Splitting the cost of a house?
  • Houses are a one time fee, so you can convince someone to give you half the money, and then you can buy the house. ^^

You can let them into your house by having them knocking on the door, and they can come in. They can't access your cabinet, and you have to be online for them to come in though.
  • Interesting. My girlfriend(appropriately named mom) wont be happy when she finds out she cant open my cabinet.
  • She also can't get in your house without you being online and knocking on your door every time you refresh / log in again. :P

Why don't you just both get houses and visit each other a lot? ^^
  • @Dad - But...I think you can leave stuff on the floor or in the backyard, and anyone can access it.
    Posted 14 years ago by Bingobar Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh right, that's true.

That's why I don't let anyone in my house anymore... I'm scared of them stealing my chickies. ^^
  • I need to move all my stuff out of the backyard in case pigs eat any of it, or will in the future.
    Posted 14 years ago by Tingly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I think it's goats that eat anything lying about.
    Posted 14 years ago by Nanookie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Posted 14 years ago by Alex Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Mine ended up being PacMan themed inside, which is not what I expected and is rather distracting. I'd love to be able to tour a model home before buying, and I expect someday this will be possible.
    Posted 14 years ago by Eleanor Rigby Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Lolzerz, I would love to see inside yours, I have a yen for that theme. That being said, I like mine a lot. It's got a cool goth front room and a pink frilly back room. The backyard needs a fountain tho.
  • @Lalu - What did you house look like on the outside?

I've had 3 of them:
    One with a head mounted on the outside, which is like a hunting cabin with stuffed heads and fish inside.
    One with a life-saver on the outside that is nautically-themed on the inside with water painted on the walls and such.
    And my favorite, which is the one that Eleanor doesn't like with the 1-up mushrooms outside and a Mario/Pac-Man theme inside.
  • Mine is ice with bricks on the outside and has a cute painted artic scene with cuuter plushie polar bear mats and chairs on the inside. ^^
  • @Bingo: I seem to remember it's got the antler candelabras on the outside. Maybe we should just open the game, so's I can check for you....
  • Maybe we should just open the game so that I can play. XD
  • Are there any NORMAL themed houses...? I dont want pacman or polarbears
  • @Dad There are some affluent houses that are "normalish". @Mursock has one of them, but I don't remember what it looks like on the outside.
  • Well, what we DO know is that it costs 2,200 currants, and the WEBSITE thinks it looks like this: alpha.glitch.com/realty/LIF...

(note that as stated in one of the bug threads, the website does not have proper pictures for the houses)
  • ^^ I bought one from stoot barfield that's pretty normal.
  • You can buy a house from stoot? o.o
  • Yeah, he posted that he was selling his house, and I went and bought it. It was really nice, and it was only 2,200. Plus, he left a bunch of stuff in it for me.
  • Lucky. :3