Topic

Is it just me or was the game extra bloated today?

The game seemed awfully slow today as if the flash app was using more memory than usual. Eventually Firefox hung so i restarted but things were still fairly slow. I'm on snow leopard 10.6.4.

Posted 14 years ago by Anthropocene Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I thought it was slow, but I guess I blamed either my machine or my connection. Every time I'd try to grab quoins, it'd take a couple of tries before it picked up what I was trying to do.

Windows XP and Windows Vista (ugh).
    Posted 14 years ago by Aerin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It was certainly slower for me than the test a few weekends back. It wasn't game-stopping (as it were), but I did notice some lagging.
    Posted 14 years ago by charliepark Subscriber! | Permalink
  • You're not the only one. It was most certainly more laggy in some ways. entering one of the vendor streets was ridiculous - even if there were only 2-3 other players there.
    Posted 14 years ago by Bingobar Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Seemed fine for me... though Flash in Chrome has been pretty sketch lately for me. I switched to Firefox and it has been fine.
    Posted 14 years ago by Soopa-Fresh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Create Application Shortcut
    Then close Chrome and use the new shortcut you created. If you don't restart, some of your controls might be messed up. New windows will open in the typical chrome window, but the game will remain in a chromeless window. Since no extensions load, the CPU/Memory usage is much less.
    Posted 14 years ago by Bingobar Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It was slow for me on Firefox (windows 7).
    Posted 14 years ago by FrankenPaula Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Slow for me on Firefox(xp) as well. Loading time longer, and lagging on streets. Some delay on quest completion too. Just all felt slower than before.
    Posted 14 years ago by Punchy The Pirate Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I had no probs this time round on FF,but will do the Chrome thingy as a backup plan....
    Posted 14 years ago by Tilly TrinkleHouse Subscriber! | Permalink
  • the problem with chrome is that flash is baked into the browser and it hasn't been updated to the most recent version of flash [10.1] yet.
    Posted 14 years ago by striatic Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Definetly a little laggy, but not too bad.
    Posted 14 years ago by Houdini Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Took longer than normal to load hubs & other players movements were glitchy (no pun intended).
    Posted 14 years ago by Hburger Subscriber! | Permalink