Topic

Barnacles

Oh why, oh why...

Is there no upgrade to lower the time for scraping barnacles. Bring it down to a second!!

Also, it seems there is no upgrade to give a higher chance for a "Bonus Scrape". I don't think I've EVER had a bonus scrape... this also seems odd, as i believe it's the only thing that doesn't have one.

Gimme a Barnacle rainbow above my head... pretty pretty please.

(And if you don't, I'll still love ya)

Posted 12 years ago by Jinx Fonman Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Would this cover lowering the time?  http://www.glitch.com/upgrades/gathering/barnacle-scraping-speed-1/. I know it's two seconds, but still not bad.

I haven't seen anything for bonus scrapes. Just an upgrade for getting random drops with a scrape: http://www.glitch.com/upgrades/gathering/barnacle-scraping-drop-1/
    Posted 12 years ago by Synaes Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'd like the dialogue that comes up with you click a barnacle (or jellisac) that says 'scoop' removed. There's only one action you can ever do, it's unnecessary! 
    Posted 12 years ago by Agnes Snatchflannel Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Pande- The only drawback I see to this is that people control their player differently. I completely understand the one click (for this and things like jellies)... but you have to keep in mind that some people don't just click, they use the keyboard. So... imagine that you have a pig, a butterfly, and a chicken in front of that. I think the one click would confuse the situation (and probably why they didn't do it). However, it WOULD be nice. :)
  • Synaes - It's so funny, i forgot that I had this, it's been so long. And nope. I want it down to a second, damnit! I'm okay with Trees taking 6 secs for a full Water, Pet, Harvest. I'm okay with Mining taking 4 seconds. But the barnacles only amounts to ONE per pull... and never any bonus scrapes. Think about it... would you be happy mining at 4 seconds if you only got one chunk of sparkly?
  • I wouldn't be happy if everything in the game was the same
    Posted 12 years ago by shhexy corin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
    Posted 12 years ago by iDylan Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I agree that barnacles are the lone standout on harvesting upgrade optimums.
    Posted 12 years ago by Pascale Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Super harvests for barnacles, please. Single harvests are stealing my soul, selling it to the smuggler only to have it lost to a deimaginator who drops it on some dead-end street in Aranna where it slowly rots away, forgotten, unless some lowly Rook happens by and pecks at it absent-mindedly.
    Posted 12 years ago by emdot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • How could there be super harvests? There is just the one barnacle there that is targeted for each scrape. It isn't like trees where it is easy to imagine there being extra stuff on the branches of the tree.
    Posted 12 years ago by Feldspar Gravity Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Well dorgan it seems to happen with jellisac and there single scoops.
    Posted 12 years ago by iDylan Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Maybe it shouldn't with jellisacs, either. But this is the barnacle thread.
    Posted 12 years ago by Feldspar Gravity Subscriber! | Permalink
  • > How could there be super harvests?

IMAGINATION, Dorgan. Anything is possible if the Giants can imagine it.
    Posted 12 years ago by emdot Subscriber! | Permalink