Topic

Adding "Memo" option to the Friends List

Glitch is a friendly place. It would be really useful if we could add a (private) note/memo/tag to individuals on our friends lists to remind us of who they are. For instance: "my cousin Bob from New Mexico" or "Has that awesome bean museum in her tower" or "Is the next person on the herb route."

Some of us have a bad memory for names and some people change appearances a lot.

As I mentioned on another thread (but worth repeating): One of the great things about Glitch is the way the game-design encourages cooperative activity with other Glitchen: from the ability to plant in anyone's garden to the quests which require giving things (like hooch) to Glitchen or doing things (like digging dirt) with others.  Being able to keep track of who your new Glitch-friends are would encourage people to befriend each other. Which is a good thing.

Posted 12 years ago by Chimeric Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Agreed! We've been asking for annotations for a while now. It'd be helpful and useful to be able to remind ourselves as to how we friended those mystery people on our f'lists.
    Posted 12 years ago by Voluptua Sneezelips Subscriber! | Permalink
  • "That person who keeps stalking me but isn't creepy enough to block - yet"
    Posted 12 years ago by WalruZ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hehe, I posted this idea yonks ago - glad others think the same :)
    Posted 12 years ago by riscy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
    Posted 12 years ago by Hydi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1009
    Posted 12 years ago by Moi Subscriber! | Permalink