Topic

New Skill Glass Making

Following on from this
http://www.glitch.com/forum/ideas/27959/

where I said I would like glass fronted cabinets with glass shelves for trophies and artefacts I want to suggest a new skill:

Glass Making
Plain glass could be made from crystals. 
And then apart from glass fronted display cases we could have coloured glass, using gems, for lampshades, vases and other ornaments
And it could also form the basis of crafting our own Focusing Orbs

Posted 12 years ago by IrenicRhonda Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• This sounds great! It would be good in general to just have something you can do with crystals really :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Montooli Subscriber! | Permalink
  • A great idea!
    Posted 12 years ago by Electric Wizard Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Nice! :)

We could make our own focusing orbs...
    And maybe... windows for our houses? That would allow us to see what's going on on our home street?
    Posted 12 years ago by Sekhmet Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Great idea!

See these below as well: we kicked around the idea of stained glass windows and it was also suggested that more could be done with the crystalmalizing chamber to make other types of crystals as well. :)

www.glitch.com/forum/ideas/...

www.glitch.com/forum/ideas/...
    Posted 12 years ago by Voluptua Sneezelips Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Love the idea, and desperately want crystals to be useful for something else.  (Though I am using up a ton on sparkly projects today!)
    Posted 12 years ago by Kadi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • many of the common tools have a much more expensive and capable high-end model that can only be user-crafted.   It would be neat to be able to make a 'super orb'
    Posted 12 years ago by WalruZ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Eat a bunch of beans and chilli, then fart in a firefly jar.  If you keep them stored too long, they lose their smell, but if you microwave them for a few seconds, they stink right up again.
    Posted 12 years ago by Pickle Juice Subscriber! | Permalink