Topic

A real glitch mail like "%nick@glitch.com"

Hey Guys,

I just thought about that. Since glitch is kinda much of a social network, one could imagine a real mail feature (with a decent webspace if you are subscriber), so one could use it instead of Google Mail and stuff. It would atleast have a really nice viral marketing effect if people get curious because of the glitch.com mail address. People would be like: What's glitch.com for a provider and they see "Aah, it's a game with social network features. I'll give that a try!".
I just love to put so much (useful) features in my programs, that's where I get those ideas :>
So tell me what you think about it, I would really love to have a glitch mail :3

Posted 12 years ago by Soulmaster Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

•  -1 Both an unnecessary feature and the suggestion is adding a whole new system as well. On top of that many ppl don't want another inbox to check, that would encounter out of game spam etc, and would take a lot longer to check than mail that ONLY ever comes from the game and no where else. Also our accounts are tied to an e-mail anyways, so this is again unnecessary. And lastly, this is a game company not an e-mail company, there are TONS of e-mail companies out there, i don't think T.S., needs to spend time managing e-mail issues...security, storage, etc.
    Posted 12 years ago by Lyrical DejaVu Subscriber! | Permalink
  • -1. I already have multiple email accounts (3 telus ones which I don't use much, my main gmail account, and a school email). Like Lyrical DejaVu said, there are loads of email providers and TS would have to deal with security, storage etc. Emails can take up a lot of space, particularly if you get lots of pictures or other high storage presentations. We already have systems for communicating within the site and there are plenty ways to communicate outside of it. Also, I do not want to be spammed by bots going through the site for usernames to turn into email addresses.
    Posted 12 years ago by Llewella Subscriber! | Permalink