Topic

Tools should go into toolbox

I've heard a lot that there's no point buying a toolbox for more than a bigger bag when the toolbox doesn't do anything the bag doesn't. Just like spices automatically go into the spice rack when made, picked up, or bought, and compounds go into an alchemistry kit, tools should go into a toolbox by default. This has been brought up before in the ideas section, but since I couldn't find anything more recent than 10 months ago I made a new thread. One reply mentioned putting the toolbox in the first slot of inventory, but I like to reserve that slot for miscellaneous items to be sorted later or stored, and the other specialized bags don't require being in the first slot.

Posted 12 years ago by CuCN Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Tools do sort automagically into the toolbox, along with Emo Bears, Cameras, Firefly Jars* and RK. Unless I'm hallucinating how these three toolboxes in my inventory have worked for the past year.

That being said, that's about all that's going for them, besides the item discovery iMG.

* okay, well, the jars go in there but I forget if it was autosorted or not. 
    Posted 12 years ago by Caesura Subscriber! | Permalink
  • No, CuCN is right -- tools don't automatically go in the toolbox and it makes me CRAZY.  Sometimes I will give a tool to Rube in trade, make a new one with the tinkertool, and the new one doesn't even go into the slot that the old one JUST VACATED.  Dude.  The tool was RIGHT THERE.  ONE MINUTE AGO.  PUT IT THERE.
    Posted 12 years ago by Pale Queen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • That's why I put my toolboxes in the first inventory slots.
    Posted 12 years ago by Seeen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My toolboxes are the last 3 spots of my inventory and tools automatically go in them...
    Posted 12 years ago by rach.the.emobear Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yeah, but items will usually skip over a slot that was just vacated when you do something if there are other spaces available, probably a bit of logic checking that goes straight for the nearest open spot when the process (Rube, tool recipe, whichever) starts, not mid-process unless it has to. That happens for just about anything, not just tools. I've then dumped and picked up the out of place tool and had it sort just fine into tools.

I don't disagree that it's not a bit of an annoyance, but.
    Posted 12 years ago by Caesura Subscriber! | Permalink