Topic

+1 or heart button for Forums

It seems like there should be some easier way to tally agreement with an Ideas thread, than manually counting all the +1s and weeding out the wordier comments.

Posted 12 years ago by Cinnamon Petrichor Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• The thing is, there's no system in place for implementing ideas just because they have a lot of vocal support.  Tallies wouldn't matter.  Staff has said they regularly read the ideas forum, and they've implemented stuff in the past based on merit, feasibility, etc, and not necessarily the most support. 

Plus, there's nothing *wrong* with comments that have words.  In the ideas forum in particular, I know I love to see people have an idea and that idea get expanded on by other people and it grows into something more than it was.  And I imagine staff likes to see that kind of thing too.  If I had to guess, I'd say that that attracts them far more than a bunch of comments that say nothing but +1.

(I suppose there are other reasons a plus one / like system would be requested but personally I think the less popularity-contest-ishness on the forums, the better.)
    Posted 12 years ago by diaveborn ♥ Subscriber! | Permalink