Topic

Audio Controls

Problem:
I find that in the course of normal playing I occasionally need/want to mute the game.  However, I like a lot of the various sounds and music the game makes, so this is never a permanent situation.  When I unmute the game, I always have to try to figure out where I like my music and sound effects sliders.  This annoys me.   [Edit:  This issue is only for when you have muted the game prior to logging off.  The issue can be seen upon return to the game.]

Proposed Solution:
Save my last music/sound levels on the server so that when I mute the game, unmuting it puts them where I had them last.

Poll:
Anyone else find this to be bothersome?

Posted 11 years ago by Nerd of Epic Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I thought this is already what happens? When I mute/unmute, my sliders don't change positions.
    Posted 11 years ago by TomC Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yeah, I just went in and doubled checked.  You are correct if you never leave the game.  I think what happens to me is actually related to between gaming sessions.  

If you have sliders in a super happy place, mute the game, log out (prior to having a chance/remembering to unmute it), and then eventually return to the game...  The result is that both sliders are at 0%, the mute checkbox is still checked, and unchecking it leaves the sliders in their new 0% positions.

The next step is always to try to find the music to scraping barnacles noises sweet spot again.
    Posted 11 years ago by Nerd of Epic Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ahh I see! Then yes I think that's what happens to me as well.
    Posted 11 years ago by TomC Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It's a good point!
    Posted 11 years ago by Danny Subscriber! | Permalink