Topic

Apprenticeship and Teaching

Sometimes I want to invite my younger Glitch friends to come harvesting with me.  The only problem is their skills aren't up to par with mine and they can't really keep up

It would be nice if there was an option to "Harvest together" with a player of lesser skill that would improve his harvesting while working with a more experienced player.  Faster speed so he can keep up, improved harvest, and maybe a bit of time shaved of the next skill in the tree being used. 

It would make harvesting a more social activity, which is something it needs.

Posted 11 years ago by Pickle Juice Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• -1 When you do things, gathering resources,with others....you get better results, you get larger harvests. Thats the way it is currently. Also the base amount goes up depending on how high your skill lvl is, this would interfere with why ppl should learn, by giving them less reason to. As for learning speed....thats based on ones brain capacity, and how many skills they have already, it would vary a lot, and the lower lvl skills are learned very quickly anyway. I understand you mean well, but this suggestion just doesnt pose any great difference, and might be exploited by anyone wanting to learn things fast.
    Posted 11 years ago by Lyrical DejaVu Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I dunno - I kind of like this idea, but when I saw Apprenticeship and Teaching, a few other things came to mind. If a young Glitchen, say, waters all the trees in an older Glitchen's yard for 7 in-game days (doesn't have to be this - it could be giving them a certain amount of items, or helping them in some other way), then the Glitchen gets a 5-10% time decrease in any skills the older Glitchen has learned. The time decrease is only used on the skills applicable in the tree, but I think it might be a nice way to help Glitchens without it being too one-sided or easy.
    Posted 11 years ago by Tenny Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I do like the sound of that too Tenny.  Slaves!  I mean apprentices!  Since I'm a master gardener, I can get some low level gardeners to tend my crops for a learning speed bonus. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Pickle Juice Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Maybe the activities you perform for your venerable mentor would equal a bonus in one specific skill that the venerable mentor has. If I feed all your pigs, I get a Herdkeeping bonus; if I water all your plantses, I get a plant-related skill-bonus. If I roll around your roof and salivate on your butler, I get a pickle. I dunno.
    Posted 11 years ago by Tenny Subscriber! | Permalink