Topic

notes about choosing between auction and vendor's profits

at first, I thought that at auctions I get the better price, and, really it was fun to put up your things and wait for the buyer.
Then I noticed that vendors give me the same price for some products as I have at auctions. So I asked myself: what for should I pay listing and comission fees and lose a lot of currants.
It is really unprofitable with some things like meat and hooch and sparkly. etc.
I think the price is to be higher at auctions or it is no sense to sell there at all.

Posted 12 years ago by Rikki-Tikki Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Try this site if you haven't already, the auction helper lists the current auction price as a percentage of the value in currants, so it's really easy to see what's selling above it's value at auction.
    It's demand driven, so stuff like meat, which is easily obtainable for everyone is usually selling for just under the price you could get at the tool vendor - but I still auction it sometimes so people can buy it if they need a load of it quickly for a party...
    Posted 12 years ago by Hellagood Subscriber! | Permalink
  • thank you for the link. It is really helpfull. )))) 
     I won't be a grudge anymore)))
    Posted 12 years ago by Rikki-Tikki Subscriber! | Permalink
  • There's also  http://auction.glitchy.info which I have found to be very helpful
    Posted 12 years ago by diaveborn ♥ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • And, ecurnomics.com/ which shows prices over time...
    Posted 12 years ago by Pancito Subscriber! | Permalink