Let me know if you're interested.

Posted 12 years ago by Sir Lagsalot Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Greeter Twigs cannot be traded

It is soulbound to you
    Posted 12 years ago by IrenicRhonda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • what is a greeter twig?
    Posted 12 years ago by lotsa Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Actually they can be traded in a roundabout fashion. You have to ask for the key to the other person's house and deposit it in their storage cabinet.
    Posted 12 years ago by Sir Lagsalot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • You can't drop the twig or place in storage. It is stuck in your inventory until you use it.
    Posted 12 years ago by Muncey Mango Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Actually, you can place it in a cabinet - yours or the cabinet of someone whose key you hold.  I checked it out with my testing alt. However, the home owner can't take it out or move it or rearrange it inside the cabinet.  Hope you don't ever want to get rid of that cabinet!  The twig owner can come back and remove it again from the cabinet, however.  Note you can't drop it on the floor or place it on a shelf.

Also, even if it were normally tradeable, it still wouldn't be worth a dusty stick.  Anyone can make a newbie alt, and it'd be safer to do so than give a key to a stranger.
    Posted 12 years ago by Kadi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • lotsa - it's a little twig that new glitches get when they land in Ur. It can be used to call for a greeter who can welcome them to Glitch and answer a few questions and show them a few things. If they don't want a greeter, they can just make the twig go away. 

Personally, I really hope they don't become some sort of collector's item (and doubt they will - as they can't really be displayed or shown off). I'd just hate for anyone to feel like they messed up by calling a greeter instead of holding on to it. It's meant to be used or thrown away :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Vera Strange Subscriber! | Permalink
  • anyone can get a twig by creating an alt (I am an alt and I have twig!)  It is currently in my cabinet which means I'm pretty sure that those I've keyed can grab it if they want...not that they would (I only key lovely people : )

oh eck..just read further up I should pop home and see if I can get the twig back out of that cabinet :?

Confirmed that 'yes' it allowed me to take the twig back out of my cabinet and it is now in my inventory :D
    Posted 12 years ago by Moon Dance Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Sorry, Moon Dance, I meant if the owner of the twig put it in the cabinet of another home, that homeowner wouldn't be able to remove it.  I edited my post to make it clearer.
    Posted 12 years ago by Kadi Subscriber! | Permalink