Topic

What cell phone & plan do you have?

I haven't had a phone in over a year now and it's driving me nuts.  -_-

I'm thinking seriously about going with MetroPCS wireless w/ an LG Beacon but I'm still not completely sold.  Er, pun unintentional. >_>

What phone and plan do you have -or- what would you recommend / avoid?

I used to have a LG Xenon but it was stolen, after that I never bothered getting it replaced.  I loved texting my friends 24/7 and having unlimited data and voice so I'm looking for a similar plan, but since cost is a factor I need something that is under about 70$US a month.

Posted 12 years ago by ♪♥~ Auren ~♥♪ Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Hey, I had an LG Xenon too! I liked it, until I sat on it or something and half the screen went black...

Now I have a white Blackberry Torch. I love it, although what with my klutziness and all, it's relatively banged up. Oh, and just today I accidentally wiped it, leaving me with 0 pictures, texts, contacts, etc. etc. Sigh.
    Posted 12 years ago by Cupcake Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I pay T-Mobile $30/month for use of my red Samsung SGH-T219, yeahhhhhhhh.
    Posted 12 years ago by Spaghetti Thompson Subscriber! | Permalink
  • lol Elyd XD
    My husband has a phone like that.  -_-  He doesn't have cause to text obsessively though.

I considered a blackberry but I'm not sure about the keyboard... doesn't it get hit a lot by accident?
  • This is the Torch. Slide keyboard :D
  • ooooh fancy! :o
  • Not sure if they are in your area but I have US Cellular and a Samsung Galaxy S, hopefully upgrading to the S2 soon.  Guess it totally depends on what you plan on doing with it? 
    Posted 12 years ago by BlackWolf Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hmm, not sure if they're around here either Wolf.
    My plan is to call my family and text my friends obsessively every day.  >_>
  • Have you gotten a phone yet? If not, just wanted to say pre-paid is a great option nowadays. Check out the Boost Mobile $50 A Month Unlimited with Shrinkage plan. I get unlimited talk, text and data, really unlimited, really really. No "minutes", it's unlimited! And you can set up auto-payments so you don't forget to make a payment and lose your 'shrinkage', which lowers your payment $5 for every six months you pay on time.

My payments are now shrunk to $40 a month. Since Boost is Sprint's prepaid division, the phones are actually using Sprint's nationwide network so I have good service, etc., etc. I'm really into prepaid cell phones since trying Boost Mobile.

And no contract, so if something happens you don't get slapped with fees for cancelling service. If the prepaid market stays as it is, I will never go back to cell service by contract. No contracts. Contracts are bad.

I don't know which phones Boost is offering right now, but when I got mine about a year ago, they had a lot of good choices.

/sounding like a phone commercial
    *offers awesome stew and fresh-converted orange juice*
    Posted 12 years ago by Filox Subscriber! | Permalink
  • HTC EVO is the phone.
    And Sprint is the courier.
    I pay $70 for 4g, hotspot service, wifi, unlimited texts and phone calls, and also long distance is free in the bundle.
    Basically $70 for ALL the things.
    Posted 12 years ago by Volkov Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I have LG Optimus V on Virgin Mobile for $25/month unlimited data and texts and 300 minutes (of which I use about 0). The phone is very decent for being the cheapest android around, I've had no complaints whatsoever in the 9 or so months that I've had it. And there is no contract.
    Posted 12 years ago by Fussycat Subscriber! | Permalink
  • /sounding like a phone commercial 
    Funny, Filox, as I read your post I was thinking just that ;)
  • Yeah, Cupcake, I was thinking the same thing as I wrote it. :D

But there really are lots of prepaid deals from different providers now that beat what by-contract companies are offering.
    Posted 12 years ago by Filox Subscriber! | Permalink