Topic

Zappa fans? Anyone?

I always like finding fellow Zappa fans, any other Glitches fans of the late and great Frank Zappa? I hardly ever come across other fans, haha, just a couple americans and a few random drunk folk at a pin-up party one time :D

I think my favourite album would have to be One Size Fits All, Sofa No. 2 just kills me every time, haha. Oh did I mention I may have gotten him tattooed on my back? :P

Posted 12 years ago by Jeff Buckley Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• "Brown shoes don't make it, quit school, why fake it?"
    Posted 12 years ago by Brib Annie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yessssssssssssssssssssss!!!

<3
  • Black Page, Big Leg Emma, Illinois Enema Bandit, Titties and Beer, Yellow Snow, I could go on.
    Saw Uncle Meathead and the gang at the U of I Assembly Hall, Champain, IL, in '80 or '81.
    Posted 12 years ago by EastCutty Subscriber! | Permalink
  • 'lo there!
    Don't forget to register...

: {-
    Posted 12 years ago by Bertholt Subscriber! | Permalink
  • haha how brilliant is Illinois Enema Bandit? One of my lecturers wore a Weasels Ripped My Flesh shirt to class one day and I pretty much could not pay attention for the next four hours because I just had Illinois Enema Bandit playing on repeat in my head :D

I haven't done it in a while but I like going about Glitch and renaming animals after characters in Zappa songs, as well as leaving notes with random FZ lyrics about the place.

Have any of you seen Zappa Plays Zappa? I highly recommend it if you haven't, such a brilliant experience. I've been three times so far, and will possibly be going to all three shows they have in Australia next year. 

Dweezil is literally one of the nicest guys I have ever met, so gosh darn friendly. It was so funny, my brother handed his drivers licence to Dweezil to sign, he takes a look and says "Oh that's a funny name you got there, where'd that come from?". My brother middle name btw is Dweezil, haha. I then go up and he asks my name, Adelaide, and he mentions that it was his mothers name. I then tell him that's who I was named after, lol.
  • also, this:

http://www.glitch.com/groups/RDO44UK948J2A63/
  • I'm a baby Zappa fan. What I've heard and seen, I've really enjoyed. But that hasn't been much yet :P
    Posted 12 years ago by Rev. Desdemona Subscriber! | Permalink
  • haha, there is sooo much to explore. I'm still getting there myself hey.
  • A good read about Zappa is Ben "Out to Lunch" Watson's Frank Zappa: The Negative Dialectics of Poodle Play, which discusses the underlying conceptual continuity of his music.

As for me, I have Apostrophe ('), and the Strictly Commercial, Cheap Thrills and Son of Cheap Thrills compilations so far.
    Posted 12 years ago by Hugo Q Zackenbush Subscriber! | Permalink
  • will have to check it out Hugo, cheers for the heads up!

Ahhhhhhhhhh I LOVE Apostrophe!! Absolutely brilliant :)